• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Smidgy and the Grump, Freaky Friday, 11-06

I have heard all my life; "Live your Dreams!"

Live my dreams?

Yeah, right. Like I want to go through life, standing in a busy hallway, two hours late for class on finals day, and not remembering what room number to go to.

After being out of school for 20 years, I still have those dreams. See we are connected.....

Or then there's the one with Glinda, the good witch and the flying monkees, where they, oh,,, um, never mind. But I think you get the picture.

My favorite movie of all time. Another connection.

But there are a couple dreams I WOULD like to live.
One of them is to live near Disney World.
The other one would be to work for Disney World.

Me (us) too!!!!!!!!!

I found a really cheap Days Inn on 192 in Kissimmee, for 29 bucks a night, if we leave a few days early, we can take care of most of our business while we're there, thus freeing up our, ahem, other time.

Can't wait to see what was taken, duct taped, or borrowed here;)

Mostly the photos are scenic shots or [] pics of myself

I'm all over that!:hyper:

So, hopefully, with your help, we can find some laughs together, have a couple of cold ones, and maybe try to figure out why I'm so anal about my Disney trips. nebo:banana:

My wine bottle is opened!

Someday, soon, I hope I will be having another dream:
I can see a nice sunny day, nice and hot, and a man standing behind an Icecream cart in Epcot.
That man is me, selling dripping, premelted Itsakadoozies.
Why am I standing behind the cart?

Simple.
I look down and see I'm not wearing anything this time!

And monymony will be running up from behind with $3.50 in hand.:rotfl2:

Cool, what a great start from all of you. We have reps from all over the country, plus two Canadians and a Grecian. Anybody out there further away then Greece? It does seem as though we are a little bit New England heavy though, how did it feel for a lot of you to not have your Patriots in the Super Bowl this year? Or even in the playoffs for that matter?
Now you know what it's like to be a Cubs fan!
Well, you will in 100 years.
heh

First!

Had to stake my claim and then go read!
What am I, the Comstock Lode?

Great start Neebs... as usual, you do not disappoint! :)
Sure I can, you just have to give me a chance. You do realize that you actually used the word "uber" in your edit.

What a way to brighten a girls evening, I get to read about my dear internet friends... I just luv em!!!!

Cant wait to read more!!

Write on my friend, write on!!!

Bee

Hi Beliinda, welcome back. Didn't learn from the other reports, huh?

I am on board- can't wait!:cool1:
Salutations to the ProudMommy

Hey,
Hope to be around more for this one.
We stayed at the Boardwalk Studio, standard room.
You can sit outside on your balcony at nite and listen
to Fantismic and see some Fireworks during Illuminations.
One nite, my dh wasn't feeling good, it was during Easter week.
Fantismic started at 7:00 p.m.
Illuminations was at 9:00
Another Fantismic at 10:00
Another Illuminations at 11:00
The next morning my dh woke up and told me,
"wow, there sure were some loud thunderstorms last nite"
That's good stuff, did you tell him it was the chili-cheese dog?

Another comment about Cape May,
ya eat at one Buffet at WDW
and they tend to all be the same.

I couldn't agree more. But there was a reason for the buffets,,,,,they're cheaper.
Except Cape May has 3 different flavor's of "mussles".
When I was growing up, we called them clams. We would find them in the rivers and marshes in Wisconsin.
Yeah, I looked at em, I smelled em, I walked right by em

You should eat at Beaches and Cream and order the Kitchen Sink.
I"ve seen that monster, for me, that kitchen sink would have had to come with a "plumber's helper" . There you go Melinda, did that last thought help get rid of that last picture you didn't need in your head?

Yippee!!!
Jaime, were you aware that TyRy is a Cubs fan?

Yay!!! You started!
I must admit that I feel like I have a personal interest in this here trip report.;)
Really, I have no idea why that would be.

:cloud9:
:eek: Itsakadoozies! Starting early this time, right? jeez Itsakadoozies
Welcome back LadyMar, sorry we didn't run into each other. And you are correct, I thought I'd get the 'kadoozie reference over with right away this time.

Yay yay yay Great start, Nebo!
Hellos Kathy, nice to see kyou again. You might not be as exhuberant when more of the Grump side of me comes through this trip.

Yahoo! I'm finally in at the beginning of a Nebo & Smidgy TR! :woohoo: Can't wait for more popcorn::
Um, Lisa, what do you mean by more? This was it. Hopefully we'll take another trip soon.

Whoo Hoo! My birthday came early this year! Smidgy and Nebo TR!!:banana: :banana: :banana:

(this is really either a huge compiment to the brilliant writing skills of nebo, or just a horrible confession of how mundane my life is:lmao:)
Debbie, we know it can't be the former, so I'm guessing that it must get pretty darn boring living near the Mediteranean, watching the Cruise ships float by and watching 300 every day.

I've heard some great things about your TRs so I'm in on this one and going to read the others.;)
Cool, another addict. Hey, let me know if any of the others are any good.

I'm in!

Although I could've done without that last image. :scared:

Are we still moving to Vista del Lago?

Let's get this show on the road.

:drive:

Yes Melinda, that is our place, nothing else compared. But as our equity shrinks, ,,,,,,,
I love following Lexy, we are partners in crime you know.
QUOTE]Yes, I am fully familiar with your two edged sword. Partners pretty much sums it up.
Like Thelma and Louise

I'm wit ya! Thanks for the link LBAW!!
And a how do to you too Missy.... Uh oh,,,,, oh NO! Am I going to have to figure out how to put a cybersneak in my signature again? Please, don't bring it up to Monymony.

ok, ok, I'm in too.I'll try not to ...uhem...."correct" you!... resume!:surfweb:

Ok, yes dear, you are righme, rind,, wight,,,,,, RIGHT!. There, I said it. You know, I thought about it early this morning and SMidgy is CORRECT, I have given you false information. We did NOT stay in a Days Inn in Kissiyou, it was in fact THE KNIGHT'S INN MAINGATE WEST That is what you were referring to, right? I mean I couln't POSSIBLY have made ANOTHER error, could I?

Über is German for Over, so why not
I used it talking to Jaime over on Facebook just this morning ::yes::
[size=-2]I can see it now, Neeb's confuser would absolutely *explode* if we ever tried to get him over on Facebook :scratchin [/size]

Great start Grumpy!!

I:[/QUOTE You are absolutely right about the Facebook mention. My son was over here one day and tried to show me his account n MySpace,,,,he eventually threw up his hands in disgust and left.

Yippee another Nebo and Smidgy trip report!!
Glad you woke up in time for this one SB, better keep that prince handy for when I get boring.

I'm in like Flint, happy to have you and Smidgy back! :worship:

Always glad to have YOU back Marita, wouldn't be the same without you

:cool1: :yay: :woohoo: I'm in!!!

Hi Kris, I remembrer you from the last report, Still, what are the chances that you and I both picked the same tag line to add to our siggies? By the way, I noticed from your siggy that either your kids have fleas, or you also own two cats like us. Don't you hate folks that treat their pets like real people? I would've posted Patches and Mischief's pictures in the siggy but they won't let me.

Monica, I always love the "breakdowns" of the reports like that, but, Thelma,if you keep beeing nice to me Melinda is going to look for a new partner.
Everyone, you do realize that I'm not always going to be this "call out" intensive, I just thought since it was the beginnning to at least give the illusion of being a caring, concerned and appreciative trip report writer.

Also, I used to have certain days when I usually posted new chapters, but that probably won't be the case this time. Every other weekend my grandson is here from Friday to Sunday,,,so I will work around that time now.

Ok, next chapter,,,,,The Drive through Hell!:scared1:

Every other week,
maybe I should just wait till your done again.
But then again, I think some wonder if their really is a moderator on the WDW trip boards.

And monymony will be running up from behind with $3.50 in hand.:rotfl2:
this is nebos best "side"! (he has a very cute little rear;) )

Every other week,
maybe I should just wait till your done again.
But then again, I think some wonder if their really is a moderator on the WDW trip boards.
no, no, he didn't mean ONLY every other week. just that there won't be "set" days, cuase of jackson's visits,
Is anyone else a little scared to hear what Nebo is like when he's grumpy? He hits small children in the nose when he's happy... I can't imagine what kind of damage he could do in a bad mood? :eek:

nebo in a grumpy mood... hmmm..... no idea.....:rolleyes1

Hi Nebo - I've read all your other trip reports and am very happy to have found this one!:) :cool1: Looking forward to it - even if you were grumpy.

Since you and Smidgy got married twice, does that mean you have to remember two anniversaries??? Just curious!

yes big dog, I get 2 fancy, expensive dinners every year, complete with presents and roses! (thinks he's buying it? work with me, girls:rotfl: )

yes big dog, I get 2 fancy, expensive dinners every year, complete with presents and roses! (thinks he's buying it? work with me, girls:rotfl: )

But did those gifts only happen after the second marriage, cause we've only been married once and it's barely even acknowledged until the day is half over.

Maybe that's the secret, divorce and remarry. I'll have to run it by him.......

Nebo: I too was being nice in the beginning...............connections dude....

How far are you from Comiskey Park???? Seriously.

I'm jumping on board your new trip report too, Nebo (and Smidgy), thanks to Marita and Mony!

Hi Nebo and Smidgy:wave2:

I found this trip report by accident - Jaime didn't tell me you had started another one:confused3
Bad Jaime

We were suppose to be moving down there this year, but now we're not sure when it's going to be. I do know that I CANNOT do another winter here....:scared1:

Rhonda

I have looked for this for two days on the TR board. Were you hiding, Nebo? :magnify::fish: :laughing:

Jamie

Hi Nebo and Smidgy :wave2: Missed you guys. Can't wait to hear about thrip. So, where do you want to livepopcorn::

Phew - I'm not too late...I was afraid I might have missed the "stick beating" :rotfl2: :rotfl: :lmao: - sorry gang, I'm sure that will be explained soon. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter