Smidgy and the Grump, Freaky Friday, 11-06

Man, I hate that disney depression on the last day! You do know the cure, right? Plan another trip! :rotfl:

I am pretty sure that happens to me too...

'cept I don't get weepy-I get Moody. Really, really moody.

...looking forward to your wrapup...

:wizard:

Glad you are back to posting!!

Can't say that I EVER had the "leaving Disney" depression, LOL, I'm glad when I'm out of there. Of course, that might be due to the "work vs. vacation" issue :confused3

Ok, let's see if I still know how to do this.

When we last left our two morons, it was after Wishes on the night before we check out. Who were they? I don't ..... OOOHHH I get it.

And due to my resourcefulness, I had managed to "over-imbibe", which isn't easy to do at a park that sells no alcohol or drugs.

Now, before I continue, a disclaimer here;

I am not manic-depressive.
Nor do I suffer from depression.

I am also not psychotic, schizophrenic, psychophobic or even psychedilic.

I'm just nuts!

And proud of it, I'm Sure...:3dglasses

That morining I woke up and was immediately hit with that "Oh yeah, time to drive" feeling, then the cobwebs cleared, and it was, "Oh wait, we're going to Animal Kingdom first".

Then I step outside and the eviction notice is on the door handle. I really hate those...:sad1:

It was a really strange feeling after we packed up. We are loading up the car to go home and the sun is out!

But we're going to the Park, first.

?

It was,
bad feeling
good feeling
bad feeling
bad feeling
good feeling

Elevator up, elevator down, elevator up, elevator down. Either you're talking about TOT or another one of those strange encounters in a small automated lifting enclosure.:happytv:

The plan is really just to finish off the trip watching Finding Nemo, and get out of the park at noon and hit the road.

And of course, today is just gorgeous! Sunny, high 78, a complete and total tease to vacationers who suffered temperatures in the 20's just a few days ago but have to leave now.

I KNOW!!! Why can't they have Disney Weather where the temperature remains a constant temperature and it never rains???:confused:

We got to the park about 20 minutes past opening and rode Primevil Hurl and Dinosaur before it was time to get in line for Nemo, the Musical.

Standing in line, I kept bumping into Smidgy, which apparently irritated her enough to make her move away.

I couldn't help it, not my fault!

You see I was born with flat feet. And after all the surgeries on the right foot, it got even flatter.

Luckily, they opened the doors and let us in early, maybe a cast member took pity on those standing near me.

The show was great, as usual, even took a few pictures that I would post if the stupid computer WOULD LET ME!

At 11:00 we hit Flame Tree just as it opened and split a rib basket and an order of onion rings, it was perfect, just enough and we got a terrific table right next to a picturesque lagoon inhabited with flamingos, and of course, ducks.

It's funny that you either get bitten by a duck or goosed by a flamingo.:)

At quarter to noon we took the long way out past EE, I wanted to hit one more smoking area that over looked the lake before we left for good. \

There we met an interesting woman, born in Pittsburgh, raised in Finland she now lived in Argentina. She was a one woman UN council.

As my smoke burned down, Diane said, "Well, ready Freddie?"

"Nope, not till I finish my smoke."

Then, when I snubbed it out, she turned and started walking.

I lit another one.

"What are you doing", she asked.

"I said not till I finish my smoke."

"Steve, we have to get going!"

"Nope, might as well get comfortable, got a good half a pack left."

She turned to the Pittslandiatina woman for help who just shook her head, "Hey, if the man doesn't want to go, nothing you can do."

"Steve, we..........."

"Nope, not leaving, gonna stay here. Want the keys? I'll meet you at home."

"Gonna stay here all night too? Where do you plan on sleeping?"

"Anywhere." "I know, I'll sleep in the Conservation Station after the park closes. Nobody will know I'm here."

"Right, the only way to get there is by the train, which won't be running after the park closes. So how do you plan on getting back there?"

"Hitch."

Ya had to make sure you had enough "fresh air" to finish your trip.

Well, this little charade wasn't getting me anywhere and reluctantly I gave in. By a couple minutes after noon we were once again rolling, unfortunately, this time north.

That night we stayed in a little motel called the Great Inn, in Perry Georgia.
No, we didn't take the Alabama route home.
This was a bit depressing in itself because we have stayed here before, but it was on the way down, now we're going in the wrong direction when we leave.

The next morning was Saturday, we slept later then normal and blew through Atlanta. I might have mentioned before, but there is one part of the trip that cracks me up.

When you approach Chattanooga, you start out in Georgia, then get the big "Welcome to Tennessee" sign.

Then you're back in Georgia.

Then you're back in Tennessee!

All with the big welcome or "leaving" signs.

I always thought the signs should say:

"Welcome to Tennessee"

"Just kidding, you're in Georgia"

"Ok, not kidding now, you REALLY are in Tennessee"

Must have cost the states a fortune building all the "Welcome Centers".

Maybe they should change all the signs along that way to say "Welcome to Tengeorgasee! The only place in the world where you can be in only two states and not on medication.":rotfl:

That night we
had taken the Illinois route to avoid snow in Indiana, and stayed in an Econolodge in a town named Effingham.

Is that close to Athole?

Really.

Who names these towns?

Doesn't that sound like something you would mutter on Easter when the main course slides off the platter onto the floor?

And this motel was a riot!

The coupon we got from the rest area was for a one bed room. Double beds were extra. But the clerk didn't have any "one bed" rooms, only doubles.
So he would give us a two double beds room, for the single double bed room if we promised we would only use one bed.

HUH?

Got that?

Ok with me.

We unloaded what we needed, then found out that the lightbulb over the bed was out, so was the one over the table.
Ok, Diane went to the office to get new bulbs while I went and filled up the ice bucket, by now I was in serious need of a Manhattan.

She came back empty, they either don't have any or this clerk doesn't have access to them. So what does he do?

He has another room for us, but it's a King Bed Suite. Yes, you can have it for the same price. So we moved.

I open the door, hit the switch on the wall, and nothing happened. Walked to the bed, hit the switch next to it,,,,,,,, nothing!
The one over the table worked. Ditto for bathroom and vanity. But the lamp near a recliner and table,,,,nada.

"Ok," I said to her, "Now what?" "Now we're up to 3 burned out bulbs!"

She thought for a second, "No problem."

She still had the key to the other room, and went back and took the remaining light bulbs that worked out of the sockets and replaced them with the dead bulbs from our "suite" room.

When she got back I realized after unpacking again that I left the full ice bucket in the other room, and of course this room didn't have one. So I went back to the other room for that too.

I think by the time we left next morning, half of the first room was by now in our suite room.

WE have had similar experiences too.:scared1:

This all did come with an expensive cost though;
If Smidgy doesn't like the pillows in a motel, she will go out to the car and get her "sqwooshy" pillow to use. (yes, this is proof you don't always need a "u" after a "q")

Well, the sqwooshy got left behind, now she had nothing for in the car.

Pity.

coming up, thoughts and overall impressions on the trip:woohoo:

Sounds like you had an adventure even after your adventure.

I KNOW!!! Why can't they have Disney Weather where the temperature remains a constant temperature and it never rains???

They do. Only you have to come to Southern California to get it.

the hilarious thing was this: the clerk didn't have any extra light bulbs. I asked, "can't you just take oone from another romm?"....."no, no, can't do THAT,BUT I ca give you that other (bigger) room for the same price!":confused3:rotfl: I wasn't going to argue with THAT logic!;)
then , of course, I ended up doin the "no-no, not alowed thing"(moving light bulbs) after all!.... and that, dear friends, is why I was punished wth the loss of my sqwooshy pillow!

Strangely, I read it in "Smidgy"'s voice. :goodvibes

I'm sorry you lost your pillow, however, you were making the best of a bad situation.

I've been away from this place for way too long. So much I need to catch up on......

Had to come by and wish my favorite story teller a one day early

Happy Birthday!

I'll be busy cooking tomorrow and I didn't want to forget.

Many blessings to you my friend! Have a happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the time with the grandkids and good food.

You too Diane! Love ya guys!

I am back finally remembered my password i have a mind like a steel trap now have to catch up sounds like things are looking up for you and smidgey that's great Oh and we have a birthday boy Happy B-Day Nebo

Glad you 2 made it home safe. And Smidgy, I'm waiting for the day, that my dh gives me pity, and "stops" to sleep at nite, instead of driving straight through.

Instead of driving down to Alabama and then over,
take 65 down to Indy, and then take some road over to I75.
Much nicer scenery and you can visit Ohio, KY and IN
a few times each within a 20 mile radius.
Why should TN and GA have all the fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter