Sister Wives

I wonder if the 4 months was because of tv. I can't imagine needing that long to ' think about it'. Maybe a week and then they met without tv.

That's what I originally thought too, but I went back and watched it again, and Meri said It had been four months since Janelle talked to her, and she's been thinking it about it and is now ready to give her an answer.

The portrait Robyn gave Cody creeped me out. I also liked Cody's comment about how he liked a certain brand of "expensive" watches before he was told it was engraved.

What boggles my mind is how they can afford four large homes, kids in college, expensive watches, diamond pendants, adoptions, divorces, custom portraits, beach house rentals and large parties when no one appears to have a job. It doesn't seem like their jewelry business is very successful, so the show must be paying them an awful lot of money to live the lifestyle that they are.

That's what I originally thought too, but I went back and watched it again, and Meri said It had been four months since Janelle talked to her, and she's been thinking it about it and is now ready to give her an answer.

The portrait Robyn gave Cody creeped me out. I also liked Cody's comment about how he liked a certain brand of "expensive" watches before he was told it was engraved.

What boggles my mind is how they can afford four large homes, kids in college, expensive watches, diamond pendants, adoptions, divorces, custom portraits, beach house rentals and large parties when no one appears to have a job. It doesn't seem like their jewelry business is very successful, so the show must be paying them an awful lot of money to live the lifestyle that they are.

I agree I also wondered how they could afford all of it. They must make a good amount from the show and I think I remember Janelle is in real estate. Kody did some sort of marketing but they rarely speak about their jobs maybe it is to protect them from the public? I remember when the show first started Meri was fired once they learned of them so maybe they are keeping their jobs more private so fans don't hunt them down? Not sure but it doesn't seem like they have a lot of time to do work on TV but who knows when they shoot the footage. This whole season has been getting on my nerves so I am looking forward to finally hearing about other family members other than Robyn and her children!

I believe Kody, Janelle and Meri work regular jobs. I'm not 100% sure about Meri. I know for a fact Janelle works. She is not the type of woman who would rely on anyone else. Sister Wife or not. I honestly only think she is a Sister Wife because she grew up in that. I don't think she would have been one had she not know the ins and outs of it. She is my favorite simply because I think she is raising great kids and could walk away if she wanted to and stand on her own.

I believe Kody, Janelle and Meri work regular jobs. I'm not 100% sure about Meri. I know for a fact Janelle works. She is not the type of woman who would rely on anyone else. Sister Wife or not. I honestly only think she is a Sister Wife because she grew up in that. I don't think she would have been one had she not know the ins and outs of it. She is my favorite simply because I think she is raising great kids and could walk away if she wanted to and stand on her own.

Janelle did not grow up in a plural family. She chose this lifestyle as an adult.

Janelle didn't grow up in the lifestyle. The other three did. Janelle was new to it and her mom came to check it out and ended up liking the lifestyle herself and Married Kody's father.

Janelle did not grow up in a plural family. She chose this lifestyle as an adult.

Janelle didn't grow up in the lifestyle. The other three did. Janelle was new to it and her mom came to check it out and ended up liking the lifestyle herself and Married Kody's father.

Now that y'all mention it I remember that from season 1. I guess I forgot that because she just doesn't come off as someone who would choose that. Maybe she likes the fact that several days of the week she is an independent woman. She just seems the most level headed one of them all.

Now that y'all mention it I remember that from season 1. I guess I forgot that because she just doesn't come off as someone who would choose that. Maybe she likes the fact that several days of the week she is an independent woman. She just seems the most level headed one of them all.
I agree I like Janelle the best too. She said before she liked to be the working parent and she liked Christine being a stay at home mom when Janelle's kids were little. I think she is more about the team aspect. I also think like you said she likes the Independent type lifestyle. Christine is growing on me a little. I just can't stand Robyn and Meri a little because I think she seems a bit of a witch. Looking forward to the rest of the season. :)

I LOVE what Janelle did for the party. I think it was awesome seeming her step up like that for once. And I absolutely love listening to Christine's post interviews. She always cracks me up.

I thought more about this weeks episode and was scrolling through their twitter since I follow them and was just kind of disgusted by Kody. He actually said "Dayton is so funny about OVER analysis. It is one of his charms." Um no, Kody it is not funny. Your new son has a diagnosed mental disorder. It is the way he is built and it is not funny. Yes it is one of his charms but it is not something to diminish by calling funny.

Asperger's is not a "mental disorder." It's a developmental disorder. It's not something that can be cured. It defines the way a person's brain is wired and, therefore, helped to determine who they are. Some characteristics are typical of people with Asperger's. Others are unique to each individual. My son has Asperger's and some of the things he does and says are very funny! He over-analyzes everything. He's very precise about they way he speaks, and he often corrects me if I don't get something just right. Is it funny that he has Asperger's? No. Does his Asperger's contribute to some of his characteristics that make him a funny guy? Sure it does!

I'm not a big fan of Kody's, but I don't think he was diminishing Dayton's Asperger's by calling his over-analysis "funny." On the contrary, I think he was embracing it as one of the things that makes Dayton charming.

I'm sorry but that portrait idea was just stupid. Why "create a moment" that didn't exist? Just another thing to solidify my opinion that Robyn is an idiot. I can't even imagine how creepy it was to the older kids who were in the original picture with him and have now been replaced with Robyn's "chosen" ones.

Last edited:
When Robyn's kids went for that time with their biological dad, it looked like Solomon (her's and Kody's child) went to. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would watch it again but we already deleted the episode to make room for other shows.

When Robyn's kids went for that time with their biological dad, it looked like Solomon (her's and Kody's child) went to. Please correct me if I'm wrong. I would watch it again but we already deleted the episode to make room for other shows.

I think he rode there with them but did not stay.

I think he rode there with them but did not stay.
^This. Cody & Robyn drove the 3 older kids back and forth to Montana for their visit. No doubt they would have taken Solomon with them.

Jenelle has been very open about the fact that she enjoys working and likes that she has another mom at home that was able to do the SAHM thing with the kids. She likes the independence that plural marriage gives her, but she also enjoys that she has the family aspect as well. Honestly, out of everyone, I think Jenelle is the one that really gets the most out of it all. Meri has one foot out the door if you ask me, Christine openly struggles with her jealousy and the fact that she needs/wants more individual attention from Kody instead of everything being all about the family and Robyn, well we all know that Robyn is the new, fun wife that gets the attention etc. She loves it and eats it up.

Christine has just seemed way too giddy about getting the kids

Christine seems the most connected to the family so I get why she is so excited. The kids are now a guaranteed part of the family forever.

Also totally agree with you guys Robyn's oldest daughter cries at every thing. Goodness I hope she grows out of that soon. It isn't charming any more.

The kids are now a guaranteed part of the family forever

they are a guaranteed part of KODY and ROBYN'S family forever-excluding robyn and kody's mutual bio kids the only legal link to any of the other members of the family would be that the 3 adopted kids would be legal half siblings to the other sister wives' kids. the sister wives have no legal linkage to those kids.

there was allot of discussion on the show about how one of the reasons they wanted to do all of this was to ensure if something happened to robyn her 3 from the previous marriage would be able to stay w/the brown family-what I wonder about is what if any contingency plans they have in place. if robyn passed first then 'yes' kody is the legal father but if he subsequently passed (or passed at the same time) unless they have something lined up for one of the adult legal half siblings to step up if a custody battle ensued w/ robyn's relatives (they are never mentioned much and the brown family seemed so worried about what might happen w/those kids if robyn passed makes me wonder if there's estrangement or another issue they feel could trigger a custody battle) I can't see a judge granting custody to one of the other sister wives b/c even if he was legally married to one of them at the time of his death, unless that wife then adopted those kids, kody's death would sever their step-parent status.

I have to wonder if they don't have some kind of elaborate estate planning in place that names potential and successor guardians for all of the individual minor kids.

they are a guaranteed part of KODY and ROBYN'S family forever-excluding robyn and kody's mutual bio kids the only legal link to any of the other members of the family would be that the 3 adopted kids would be legal half siblings to the other sister wives' kids. the sister wives have no legal linkage to those kids.

there was allot of discussion on the show about how one of the reasons they wanted to do all of this was to ensure if something happened to robyn her 3 from the previous marriage would be able to stay w/the brown family-what I wonder about is what if any contingency plans they have in place. if robyn passed first then 'yes' kody is the legal father but if he subsequently passed (or passed at the same time) unless they have something lined up for one of the adult legal half siblings to step up if a custody battle ensued w/ robyn's relatives (they are never mentioned much and the brown family seemed so worried about what might happen w/those kids if robyn passed makes me wonder if there's estrangement or another issue they feel could trigger a custody battle) I can't see a judge granting custody to one of the other sister wives b/c even if he was legally married to one of them at the time of his death, unless that wife then adopted those kids, kody's death would sever their step-parent status.

I have to wonder if they don't have some kind of elaborate estate planning in place that names potential and successor guardians for all of the individual minor kids.

I know they have mentioned in the past (the Meri divorce episode) that the change was not as simple as a divorce and remarriage because a lot of legal matters focused on Meri being the benefactor because she is the legally married spouse and it was set up around that. I'm sure they changed it as soon as everything happened. I think Janelle handles all of that and keeps things in order to make sure the kid are fine in the event both bio-parents pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter