Sister Wives

Christine has just seemed way too giddy about getting the kids
But, all the kids say, "they like Christine" since she is the fun and goofy mom. I feel bad for her, she loves Kody, yet he doesn't show the same affection for her as he does Robyn. Robyn is always going in for the hugs and kisses, but never around the other wives.

I don't understand why Robyn ex signed away his rights if he still wants to be in their lives.

Besides money and the fact it seems he has a "new" family so to speak it could be just for ease of things if something was to happen to Robyn. Moving the kids in with their dad after years of not living with him and then having them have to leave the big family they have lived with would be crazy. Severing his parental rights would make it where the kids stay with Kody.

Also don't want to make the father sound bad as we know nothing about him and only get Robyn's side. I only used "new" family because I believe he remarried and has other kids.

I caught up on the last 2 weeks today.

I enjoyed hearing about the younger girl's relationship just because........ IT WASN'T ABOUT ROBYN! Ugh.

I got really weary hearing Meri talk about what a great thing she did for the family. Ugh.

That photo was just weird. Ugh.

But yeah, I'll be watching next week. LOL.

I don't understand why Robyn ex signed away his rights if he still wants to be in their lives.
I'll admit, this doesn't seem all that odd to me, just old fashioned. My uncle signed over rights to his three children so their step father could adopt them legally, but my uncle still paid child support & got the kids for a month every summer. But, that was back in the 60s. He later adopted his two step children in a similar situation. That way the kids could stay in the home they were growing up in if anything happened.

Last edited:

Ok, I admit I don't know much about adoption, but is it normal to change the birth certificate when someone is adopted? Why would the birth father be erased and Kody be put in place? Is this normal? It makes zero sense to me. Sure he adopted, but he didn't birth those kids, so why did the judge change the birth certificate?

It was hard to watch those brief previews. I am hoping the wives are kind and understanding.

I agree. I knew that Meri hasn't been as connected to the family as the other wives. Why would she? Her only child is out of the house. I can totally understand how she would enjoy talking to someone NOT in the family. I'm sure whoever that person was made her feel important, and for once she didn't have to "share" that person with the other wives. I can't wait to see how Kody handled it. Remember when she once asked him how he would feel if she had another man? He went nuts! I feel really bad for her. This has to be heartbreaking and embarrassing for her all at once.

On another note...the thought of dropping $3,000 on one grocery trip boggles my mind!

Ok, I admit I don't know much about adoption, but is it normal to change the birth certificate when someone is adopted? Why would the birth father be erased and Kody be put in place? Is this normal? It makes zero sense to me. Sure he adopted, but he didn't birth those kids, so why did the judge change the birth certificate?

Yes, the adoptive parent's name goes on the birth certificate

On another note...the thought of dropping $3,000 on one grocery trip boggles my mind!

dh and I kind of gasped when we saw that they went to a fred meyers store. we had never encountered them until we moved here and quickly learned that you have to use them sparingly when grocery shopping-they will frequently have a handful of very good specials but by and large charge more than any of the other local or national chains.

I understand that the wives split up meals to take responsibility for, but it seems like it would have been much more cost effective if they had compared notes and created a master list for at least some of the common products they would use. it killed me when I saw multiple shopping 'groups' buying the same smaller size containers of identical products when they could have saved $$$ figuring how much they needed of an individual item and purchasing lower per unit cost larger size containers-and if someone needs SEVERAL dozen eggs who buys them in the dozen packs??????????? at the very least buy them in the 18 packs but fred meyers routinely sells eggs in multi dozen flats for a fraction of the cost.

I'm sorry but that portrait idea was just stupid. Why "create a moment" that didn't exist? Just another thing to solidify my opinion that Robyn is an idiot. I can't even imagine how creepy it was to the older kids who were in the original picture with him and have now been replaced with Robyn's "chosen" ones.
I don't think that Robyn thought of any of the gifts on her own. I'm sure that the producers of the show planned it all along.

dh and I kind of gasped when we saw that they went to a fred meyers store. we had never encountered them until we moved here and quickly learned that you have to use them sparingly when grocery shopping-they will frequently have a handful of very good specials but by and large charge more than any of the other local or national chains.

I understand that the wives split up meals to take responsibility for, but it seems like it would have been much more cost effective if they had compared notes and created a master list for at least some of the common products they would use. it killed me when I saw multiple shopping 'groups' buying the same smaller size containers of identical products when they could have saved $$$ figuring how much they needed of an individual item and purchasing lower per unit cost larger size containers-and if someone needs SEVERAL dozen eggs who buys them in the dozen packs??????????? at the very least buy them in the 18 packs but fred meyers routinely sells eggs in multi dozen flats for a fraction of the cost.

Yeah. We were on a tight budget as a kid so for the fresh stuff we couldn't get at the food bank my mom always bough in bulk. I remember we had those gigantic egg boxes that had like 2 stacks of 24 eggs. They made it so much cheaper and it had enough eggs for us for a week.

W
A birth certificate identifies parents. Once termination of parental rights happens, that person is no longer legally the child's parent. The adoptive parent is now legally the parent. This is necessary so that my daughters (and other adopted children) never have to prove they belong with me by pulling out a certificate of adoption (there is thankfully less of a stigma that goes with adoption now. But it is still their story to choose to tell to whomever they'd like - they shouldn't have to explain themselves in every situation a birth certificate becomes necessary.)

They needed to shop at a bulk specialty store!!

I wonder if they had gender reveal parties/presents for all the other children?

I'm curious if Meri told Kody before she had the sit-down with Kody and the sister wives. I would think he should have been told first. Also, does the clip look like she told them on vacation?

TLC is certainly dragging this out....... and I'm still watchng...... popcorn::

I'm curious if Meri told Kody before she had the sit-down with Kody and the sister wives. I would think he should have been told first. Also, does the clip look like she told them on vacation?

TLC is certainly dragging this out....... and I'm still watchng...... popcorn::
I think it happened last April/May. They probably went to Alaska in late May, early June since the older kids were home from college. Radar found out and ran the story in Sept., so TLC did some damage control and totally wanted the story to boost ratings.. I am sure TLC publicity team put together a statement for Meri and told her what to say.

I just saw the promo for tonight's show. Did Meri just comment on how lonely she is and how she just wanted someone to talk to?

Do they not see what an indictment of polygamy that is?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter