Singles who are for the "Love of Disney" - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
You omitted that you had opened it already LOL

Well seeing as I already knew what it was, and I ordered it along with his daughter's gifts and had it shipped to my Mom's there wasn't much of a surprise there...LOL

Here is my Christmas story...this year Santa was bringing my daughter a new bike. Well Santa had to deliver the bike to my mom's and we had to put it together. My brother's friend Ryan put the bike together so I called my brother yesterday and asked him what I should get Ryan for putting the bike together for me...and I did this in front of my daughter!!! Can you say stupid mommy!!

She gave me a weird look and once I realized what I did I started crying. My daughter came over, hugged me, patted my back, tried to hold back the big grin on her face and said "it's ok mommy I don't know what it looks like".

So I explained that Santa delivered it early because he needed our help putting it together. She was still so excited once she actually saw it. Eesh...not sure how much longer I can keep up the charade :).

Merry Christmas, everyone!

Today I opened my gifts, and my friend Pam has given me the most unique gift I have ever received. The gift is from Avon.

It is a battery-operated, heated ice cream scoop.

Kimmielee: Anything labeled "easy to assemble" is that for only the manufacturer. I think it's an unwritten cosmic law.

Jim

Didn't Mr. Cosby get one of those one year on his birthday on the Cosby Show?? LOL

Jenroc called this morning and wanted to wish everyone a Merry Christmas!! We should see her again on here before the new year!!

Here is my Christmas story...this year Santa was bringing my daughter a new bike. Well Santa had to deliver the bike to my mom's and we had to put it together. My brother's friend Ryan put the bike together so I called my brother yesterday and asked him what I should get Ryan for putting the bike together for me...and I did this in front of my daughter!!! Can you say stupid mommy!!

She gave me a weird look and once I realized what I did I started crying. My daughter came over, hugged me, patted my back, tried to hold back the big grin on her face and said "it's ok mommy I don't know what it looks like".

So I explained that Santa delivered it early because he needed our help putting it together. She was still so excited once she actually saw it. Eesh...not sure how much longer I can keep up the charade :).

Don't feel bad, I did almost the same thing when we got the new TV put up yesterday... saying that we HAD to have it up for Christmas morning. Noah said... "why?"... I said... ummmmm....so we can see the Disney Parade!!! :rolleyes1

I think he CHOOSES to believe. He's got too many friends with older siblings that have tried to spoil it. :santa:

Last night, watching him high tail it to bed once Santa hit Canada on Norad... oh my... it was awesome.

It was absolutely a great morning. NOTHING beat the excitement of knowing that he got Wii from Santa. This thing is awesome!! :yay:

Off to make Chicken and Dumplings, Cornbread dressing, mashed potatoes and corn for dinner... :goodvibes Merry Christmas everyone!!

Good Morning, I am glad to see that everyone had a good Christmas.
Mine went well, too. It was nice seeing the kid's faces when they got the presents they wanted, and it was great being with family and taking time to enjoy one anothers company.

Good Morning :) I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas ! For me it is back to work today :goodvibes Looking forward to the weekend, for today it is only going to be 50* and raining but tomorrow it will be 67 and Sunday 71*!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay :)

Good Morning everyone! Back to work for me also, but it looks to be a slow day here. Christmas was very nice, the kids were over, I made a tray of lasagna, and everyone was happy with their gifts.

Augie-
I made lasagna yesterday for my Christmas meal, too. I thought I was strange for making that instead of ham, but now I have heard of three families making lasagna yesterday, maybe its a new tradition?

Well, it is a tradition for me, have been doing it for several years now. I am a big fan of Italian cooking, so why not? Actually, I made two trays, as my daughter is a vegetarian. So I know what is for dinner tonight also!

Augie-
I made lasagna yesterday for my Christmas meal, too. I thought I was strange for making that instead of ham, but now I have heard of three families making lasagna yesterday, maybe its a new tradition?

Well, it is a tradition for me, have been doing it for several years now. I am a big fan of Italian cooking, so why not? Actually, I made two trays, as my daughter is a vegetarian. So I know what is for dinner tonight also!

Not strange at all :) Although I didnt cook this year that is what I typically make for Christmas dinner and so do a lot of my friends.. This year I did the typical ham for Christmas eve dinner and will be taking the leftovers to Mom as I am not a fan of ham... Glad to know there are others who do the lasagna thing :)

I made 3 pans of lasagna. I made one large meat one and I had a few vegetarians too, so I made a smaller veggie one. Then there was still so much left over that I made an extra pan of it to freeze for a lazy weekend.
Like you Augie, I will be eating it for the next few days...

Hey Everyone

Hope all had an awesome Christmas.

Mine was better than I could have asked for. Christmas eve we had a party with family in our new home as well as Christmas Day in our new home.

The first thing I opened was a letter from my brother and his wife... telling me they were going to renew my AP for me this year. I was speachless. Which anyone who knows me will know thats not often hehe.

Kayla does not believe in Santa anymore as I think once they do reach a certain age they are scared not to for fear of not getting presents or they dont want to disappoint there parents hehe. Which is all sweet. I miss those days of waiting till she got to sleep and sneaking. But I have to say it was nice to not have to do all that and just enjoy some more eggnog.. I might have had more than my share.

Carrie- I understand about kids getting older and not believing anymore. My daughter is 16 and hasn't believed in awhile, but on Christmas eve when I was getting gifts under the tree for my 5 year old, she got so excited because I carried on the tradition of "one special present from Santa in your bedroom". For my son, I got a small fish bowl and a goldfish with a letter from Santa saying how it was his special fish and he was getting too busy making toys to take care of him and that the fish selected my son from the list of good boys and girls to live with forever. I placed the goldfish in my son's room with the letter and my daughter looked at me and said, "I LOVED it when you did this every year mom, this was ALWAYS the BEST part of Christmas. I am going to do this with my kids every year." I knew when she was little, she was always so happy to see that Santa went into HER room and left her something extra special, but she never vocally expressed it to me before. It was nice to know she appreciated it and she really enjoyed being a spectator in watching her brother get his special gift from Santa. It was a really special moment to enjoy with my 5 year old son and my (almost adult) daughter. Awe...getting warm fuzzy feelings just thinking about it...

Carrie- I understand about kids getting older and not believing anymore. My daughter is 16 and hasn't believed in awhile, but on Christmas eve when I was getting gifts under the tree for my 5 year old, she got so excited because I carried on the tradition of "one special present from Santa in your bedroom". For my son, I got a small fish bowl and a goldfish with a letter from Santa saying how it was his special fish and he was getting too busy making toys to take care of him and that the fish selected my son from the list of good boys and girls to live with forever. I placed the goldfish in my son's room with the letter and my daughter looked at me and said, "I LOVED it when you did this every year mom, this was ALWAYS the BEST part of Christmas. I am going to do this with my kids every year." I knew when she was little, she was always so happy to see that Santa went into HER room and left her something extra special, but she never vocally expressed it to me before. It was nice to know she appreciated it and she really enjoyed being a spectator in watching her brother get his special gift from Santa. It was a really special moment to enjoy with my 5 year old son and my (almost adult) daughter. Awe...getting warm fuzzy feelings just thinking about it...

That is so sweet. I was surprised to learn that Marie does not believe in Santa, that was kind of a bummer...but its hard for me to realize she will be a teenager in a few more years and is already acting like one...:scared1: To know that my "baby" is now 26 is amazing, its scary the way the time flies.....

A Belated Very Merry Christmas to all....I had a Great Christmas as usual with family...only problem was kids were with ex this year for the first time in a long time..:sad1: :sad1: :sad1: ...so that part was hard...my kids are 16 & 19 and this is the first year they did not get a present from Santa...guess its time...but they did get their stockings filled...Now today I am driving in freezing rain to Detroit (3hrs) to cheer on the Mighty Central Michigan Chippewas in the Motor City Bowl...look for me on ESPN...lol

Here is an early wish for the greatest of Tiggerific New Years to all my DIS friends!!!

Awwww.... *happycry*

Mine lost the magic several years ago so I ended up taking her out shopping Tue. evening for most of her gifts but still managed to sneak a couple purchases while she was looking elsewhere in a store. She has to have *some* kind of surprise to open! :-)

Good Evening everyone.

In my family we cook lasagna for New Year's Day. Christmas dinner is beef tenderloin, cooked in brandy and maple syrup ...:thumbsup2 I still have left overs which will probably disappear before the weekend is over. :goodvibes

My son, Jason, Christmas and birthday present is always a cruise in January. Which we will be going on in 8 days...:woohoo: :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter