Show Me the Cupcakes!!!

Not the best pictures, but here's a chocolate mint one from the Contempo Cafe. We got it in early January but it may be a Christmas special, I dunno. Hadn't seen it before, anyhow. The frosting is light and minty and I thought it a good balance between chocolate and mint flavors overall.

DSCN4591.JPG

DSCN4590.JPG

Eldest and I really enjoyed it, but we've liked all the cupcakes we've gotten there. :)

Goodness gracious! Is it bad that I may be looking forward to eating more than hitting the parks? Ugh, I need to be on the treadmill now for all the thoughts that I'm thinking! :)

My thoughts exactly! This thread is making me hungry and wanting to go to WDW now. Anyone wanna catch a plane now and be in Disney by this evening to eat some of these cupcakes? :rotfl:

I'm in!!! Can you imagine the look on the CM's face when you told them "we just flew in for some cupcakes, what have ya got?" They do have done great ones and I plan on trying them all and then going back for seconds!!!!

Not the best pictures, but here's a chocolate mint one from the Contempo Cafe. We got it in early January but it may be a Christmas special, I dunno. Hadn't seen it before, anyhow. The frosting is light and minty and I thought it a good balance between chocolate and mint flavors overall.

DSCN4591.JPG

DSCN4590.JPG

Eldest and I really enjoyed it, but we've liked all the cupcakes we've gotten there. :)

OH MAN!!! That looks so good. They didn't have the Chocolate Mint ones when we were there in September. We would have loved that! Yum. A lot of times mint IS associated with the Christmas holidays, so it's possible that was a seasonal thing.

How did I not notice cupcakes on previous trips to WDW?! After seeing this thread, I will sadly be adding "eat cupcakes" to my lists of things to do on our next trip LOL. I *need* to eat a peanut butter cupcake... looks so YUMMY!

Okay.. I leave for WDW in 3 days.. I have a goal to have at least one cupcake in each park... knowing that I like chocolate and peanut butter and not a fan of fruit, what should I get and where should I get them?

Okay.. I leave for WDW in 3 days.. I have a goal to have at least one cupcake in each park... knowing that I like chocolate and peanut butter and not a fan of fruit, what should I get and where should I get them?

Starring Rolls in Hollywood Studios for Choc/PB, but be aware that they close early afternoon.

knowing that I like chocolate and peanut butter and not a fan of fruit, what should I get and where should I get them?

Lots of chocolate options. Aside from the Butterfinger cupcake, Starring Rolls has a PB & Chocolate one. If you want to wander out from Epcot, the Boardwalk Cafe has (or had) a PB cupcake. Pictures from this thread in these posts:

Peanut Butter cupcake at Boardwalk Bakery:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40761547&postcount=19

PB Chocolate at Starring Rolls (also butterfinger cupcakes in the case):

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40755095&postcount=3

Butterfinger pic with Cutaway and if you scan down there's also a pb&choc cutaway pic:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42425406&postcount=307

Lots of chocolate options. Aside from the Butterfinger cupcake, Starring Rolls has a PB & Chocolate one. If you want to wander out from Epcot, the Boardwalk Cafe has (or had) a PB cupcake. Pictures from this thread in these posts:

Peanut Butter cupcake at Boardwalk Bakery:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40761547&postcount=19

PB Chocolate at Starring Rolls (also butterfinger cupcakes in the case):

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=40755095&postcount=3

Butterfinger pic with Cutaway and if you scan down there's also a pb&choc cutaway pic:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=42425406&postcount=307

Awesome! Thanks! :)

Anyone know about the majority of cupcakes being made with gelatin?
I'll defiantly ask once I'm there when I order one, but was wondering if anyone knew about it.

These may have been posted already, but just in case they haven't...

The Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake from the Contempo Café -

The Kids' Spaghetti & Meatball Cupcake from Mama Melrose's -

I finally got to try the Butterfinger cupcake from Starring Rolls two weeks ago, and oh boy was that good. The Butterfinger coating is almost an afterthought. The cream and chocolate fudge inside were both amazing. Excellent cupcake all around.

In the flat world, my wife tried the carrot cake "cookie" from the Writer's Stop, and that was excellent as well. Two giant carrot cake-like cookies (like the texture of a black and white cookie) filled with icing between them like a sandwich. Again, yum.

These may have been posted already, but just in case they haven't...

The Peanut Butter Chocolate Cupcake from the Contempo Café -

I've seen the Mama Melrose one somewhere, but not this one. And I love all the Contempo Cafe cupcakes I've tried, so I really hope they have this one when we're next there!

There was also a peanut butter cupcake at Main Street Bakery:

elph241copy.jpg

Although that might not be reopened yet by the time you leave, and who knows what cupcakes the new Starbucks MSB will have!

Hmmmm...some other delish non-fruit chocolate ones in the parks... Karamell Kuche (in Germany at Epcot) has a yummy chocolate caramel cupcake, and the cotton top tamarin cupcake at Animal Kingdom (you can find it at a coffee cart on Discovery Island and also at Kusafiri) is HUGE and so rich and has these giant chocolate shavings on it:

218.jpg
219.jpg

And Starring Rolls is definitely the best chocolate cupcake spot at Hollywood Studios. :thumbsup2

THIS IS MY NEW FAVORITE!!!
bdwlk-bakery-mickey-cupcake.jpg

Mickey Cookies n Cream (I think that's what it's called at the new Boardwalk Bakery)...YUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!

How 'bout the cream part????
bdwlk-bakery-cc-cupcake.jpg

Chocolate cake topped with a whipped creamy frosting and and then topped with chocolate pieces and inside, what a surprise, chocolate mousse cream...

bdwlk-bakery-cc-cupcake-close.jpg

...it's just not right!!...Why do they torture us like this??? WHY WHY!!:confused3:confused3 :goodvibes

Stay tuned for my full review on the newly reopened Boardwalk Bakery, coming soon!!:thumbsup2

Wondering if anyone knows, are most of the Disney cupcakes made with whipped frosting, or is there also buttercream frosted choices? I'm a sucker for a buttercream! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter