Show Me the Cupcakes!!!

Wondering if anyone knows, are most of the Disney cupcakes made with whipped frosting, or is there also buttercream frosted choices? I'm a sucker for a buttercream! :)

The only one I experienced with a "whipped" topping/frosting was the Oreo Bon Bon one from the Boardwalk Bakery. I didn't care much for it. But the chocolate fudge one from Roaring Forks at WL was amazing!!

DSCN9452 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

DSCN9369 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

I'm dieting now so I can eat all the cupcakes I want in Sept! Lol.

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

We actually get one or two cupcakes a few times when we go but since there's 3 if us we cut them in thirds, and I'm not a huge icing person so I scrape most of it off. I know, i know, it's called cupcake cheating!!!! Lol!

Thanks so much for all these pix. I have been to the World 2x for a week each, but have never been to Starring Rolls. I will this time!

Faith

Oh. My. Goodness. I really hope they still have something similar to this pb cupcake when it reopens, because that looks AMAZING! :worship:

They do!! They have a red velvet cupcake and a peanut butter cupcake at the new Main Street Bakery Starbucks...

mainstreetbakerystarbuckscupcakes.jpg

Is the PB cupcake at the bakery similar to the Starring Rolls PB cupcake?

I'd say they're fairly different (though both delicious!)...the Main Street Bakery one is chocolate cake (no filling) with a light peanut butter icing and a mini peanut butter cup on top. Starring Rolls is also chocolate cake, but the icing is really thick, almost fudgy - I think I can taste a little bit of chocolate in it - and they have the same heavy icing as filling in the middle of the cake. It's topped with chocolate shavings:

IMG_1400.jpg

I'd say they're fairly different (though both delicious!)...the Main Street Bakery one is chocolate cake (no filling) with a light peanut butter icing and a mini peanut butter cup on top. Starring Rolls is also chocolate cake, but the icing is really thick, almost fudgy - I think I can taste a little bit of chocolate in it - and they have the same heavy icing as filling in the middle of the cake. It's topped with chocolate shavings:

Thanks! I've never tried either, but I'd like to!

OMG this thread is a killer!!! My list of must try treats is growing and growing (hopefully I won't after eating them ;))

Thought I'd share this on here...there have been so many new cupcakes over the past year, I put together a new version of the WDW Cupcake Photo Guide I did last summer! :)

DisneyWorldCupcakeGuide2013small.jpg

Thought I'd share this on here...there have been so many new cupcakes over the past year, I put together a new version of the WDW Cupcake Photo Guide I did last summer! :)

DD wants that on a shirt to wear on our next trip. Heaven forbid we miss a single luscious bite - we need a road map.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter