• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Show Me the Cupcakes!!!

DD wants that on a shirt to wear on our next trip. Heaven forbid we miss a single luscious bite - we need a road map.

That's a GREAT idea!! Just put it onto an iron-on transfer! (If the OP allows you to use the image.) ;)

What a fantastic "poster" --- very impressive!!!

I have never seen this thread before but am definitely taking that cupcake guide with me when I go WDW later this year. Thanks!

I am going to have to make a check list for my trip. I have a growing interest board dedicated only to the cupcakes I want to try.

I saw further in the post people were looking at ways to make them more portable. I searched on Amazon and they had plastic disposable carriers. might be a big short but I didn't check the size. They came in packs like 24 and averaged .50 each. Might be nice for those times you want a cup cake but don't want to eat it right away.
HEre is a example its $29 for 100 cupcake holder 3" tall

Thought I'd share this on here...there have been so many new cupcakes over the past year, I put together a new version of the WDW Cupcake Photo Guide I did last summer! :)

DisneyWorldCupcakeGuide2013small.jpg

Oh my god, this is just amazing. I'm going to eat so much sugar!!!

I saw further in the post people were looking at ways to make them more portable. I searched on Amazon and they had plastic disposable carriers. might be a big short but I didn't check the size. They came in packs like 24 and averaged .50 each. Might be nice for those times you want a cup cake but don't want to eat it right away.
HEre is a example its $29 for 100 cupcake holder 3" tall

They give you a plastic cupcake container if you want. You can sort-of see it here under the carrot cupcake. The lid flips over and keeps it closed up. The "feet" come up around the bottom to steady it.

IMGP1259 by Ilivetogo toFL, on Flickr

First of all, I love the cupcake guide. What a creative idea.

I am so looking forward to trying some of those cupcakes.

I have a question about purchasing the cupcakes. I do not like to eat too much sweet stuff during the day while walking around in the parks. Especially when the weather is so hot and humid. I would love to purchase the cupcakes and bring them back to the hotel to eat later. However, I know that some of the bakeries close early and others sell out of certain cupcakes early in the day.

Does any have any ideas about purchasing the cupcakes early and keeping them refrigerated until I leave park. Will the place you buy them from store the cupcake so that you can pick them up right before closing? Any ideas?

This may seem a little extreme but I have been dieting and lost thirty pounds;and the one thing that kept me going was that I was going to treat my self to some cupcakes while at Disney. YUM!

I have a question about purchasing the cupcakes. I do not like to eat too much sweet stuff during the day while walking around in the parks. Especially when the weather is so hot and humid. I would love to purchase the cupcakes and bring them back to the hotel to eat later. However, I know that some of the bakeries close early and others sell out of certain cupcakes early in the day.

Does any have any ideas about purchasing the cupcakes early and keeping them refrigerated until I leave park. Will the place you buy them from store the cupcake so that you can pick them up right before closing? Any ideas?

This may seem a little extreme but I have been dieting and lost thirty pounds;and the one thing that kept me going was that I was going to treat my self to some cupcakes while at Disney. YUM!

TOTAL guess on this one .... but when you buy merchandise and have it sent to your resort room (or if you're staying off site, they send your items to the front of the park for pick-up when you're leaving) they keep it stored indoors "somewhere". Maybe if you do that, it will at least be inside in the air conditioning and not out-and-about in the heat and on rides with you -- tipping over in a bag, etc. The cupcakes don't HAVE to be refrigerated, so I would think they'd be fine till the end of the day.

Just a thought. Maybe someone else will have a better idea.

I am not sure what to suggest but I do know they will not transfer food to the front for pick up :)

I think your best bet is to bring a mini cooler and have them package it up for you.

I tried the mocha cupcake (I think that's what it was called) at Boardwalk Bakery last April. I'm a HUGE fan of buttercream - it's my weakness and I am a health nut and worry about my weight all the time. When I bit into the cupcake, it just had whipped frosting so I said "oh this isn't too tempting, one more bite and i'm done". I took another bite - and this tiramisu mousse was in the middle - I almost died. BEST. THING. EVER. :love:

I only ate about 3/4 of the cupcake :lmao:

We got two cupcakes at BOG. The first was lemon meringue, which our server described as, "light, fluffy and yellow - like Belle's dress!":cutie:

IMG_4512_zpsffe83217.jpg

The second was chocolate and very rich! Even my chocoholic DD couldn't make a dent!

IMG_4505_zps678f73df.jpg

Subscribed! :goodvibes
Nothing I love more than Disney sweets, especially their cupcakes. I had my first one at the Boardwalk Bakery (it was the oreo cupcake) and it was delicious! :banana:

We got two cupcakes at BOG. The first was lemon meringue, which our server described as, "light, fluffy and yellow - like Belle's dress!":cutie:

IMG_4512_zpsffe83217.jpg

The second was chocolate and very rich! Even my chocoholic DD couldn't make a dent!

IMG_4505_zps678f73df.jpg

The chocolate cupcake looks incredible! Now i'm regretting that we aren't going to BOG.

they look amazing!! Some night when I am working (retail) and I need to escape mentally I think of what cup cakes I can buy w/ the money I am making. LOL

AGPrincess - LOVE that cupcake guide!

A couple of my favorites are the Darth Vader and the Butterfinger (and I don't care for butterfinger)cupcakes from Starring Roles. The newer Mickey and Minnie Mousse cupcakes from Capn' Cooks were awesome as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter