Shh, do you hear that? It's the winds of change~link to new thread post#3501

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused3 BRING OUT THE REINFORCEMENTS!!! :goodvibes :wave2: Those of you who are friends with me on FB!!! I just got the NOT AGAIN comment from my MIL!!! She'll just never understand my love of Disney!!! so feel free to hop on and say how right I am to love going back again, and again and again! I can use all the positive feedback I can get for my feelings!!!! :goodvibes

I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN MARIE!! I told a good friend today that we are going back in May and got the same response! GRRR! :faint: She is a traveling person, but feels that we should be going somewhere other than Disney, and aren't we sick of it??? She doesn't seem to get that her kids are older....17 and 10, and for us especially at the DD's ages now, we love love love going to Disney. Yes we will branch out to do more "world" traveling someday but right now this is what we want to do!

Phew, it gets tiresome defending yourself sometime doesn't it? Sooo glad I have you all who understand!:lovestruc

Sorry I am not on FB, but I do have your back!

Jeanette - DD is the same way. She is so good at school, always considerate, helpful, happy&but at home, WATCH OUT, the inner daemon comes right out . Oh and I see an upgrade. Glad Katie recovered quickly, sorry DH was in and out so quickly . Thanks for the answer on the need items, we are just trying to make sure we collect what is really is needed.

Melissa
:hug:DH finally made it home last night :woohoo: Then we fell asleep watching the election results...I wasn't sure who would be President last night...very exciting !!

(Or for stuff around the house that we kinda need but who cares about that boring drivel. )
Ugh....the house ALWAYS needs stuff:mad:

pas - changing after OCI . I almost asked you yesterday if that could be done, but I resisted. I guess I know the answer now! Enjoy the KKC
:lmao: Thanks!!! Yep, there is always a way to change ;)

She's one smart cookie. Someday, she can let the sillies out on the DIS
I can't wait!!! HRH already pops in, won't be long until Katie follows suit...ahem, Kate (she's changed her name to Kate BTW) :confused:

DS voted for the first time today!!!! As if all the other things didn't make me feel old enough ;) But he has always followed politics so this meant a lot to him.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
:woohoo: And what an exciting election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is excellent. Good for him. :goodvibes I fondly recall my first general election vote.

Miss M got to feed the ballot into the reader. You should have seen the look on her face... :scared: You'd have thought the machine was going to bite her.
Awwwww....we have electionic ballots, every year a different kiddo gets to press the buttons.....this year was Brandon, he was SO excited :yay:

:confused3 BRING OUT THE REINFORCEMENTS!!!
:hug: Not on Facebook but I'm here fo you Marie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember that onslaught of RC-attacking mailbox spiders a while ago? Because the hubs is out-of-town, today was the first day I've had to get the mail since it happened. :scared1: :laughing:
:scared1:

LMAO, I just went to get the mail in the dark and thought of you as I was putting my hand in the mailbox!!! Literally 2 minutes ago!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
:rotfl2:

Whoa. What do you do with those? Looks like I might kinda need some... :rotfl:
I bet they fit in packing cubes :thumbsup2

Well, according to DH (and he doesn't ask for much) RPC is a must do. He said if I wasn't willing to spend our vacation budget on it, then I should just consider it an early anniversary present (our 10 year anniversary is 3/22 :lovestruc) I told him I'd been thinking diamonds but he just rolled his eyes at me! :confused3:rotfl:
Sounds reasonable to me ;)

Yes we will branch out to do more "world" traveling someday but right now this is what we want to do!

World Showcase travel is just as good IMO...all my friends and family KNOW where we go...agreed the "travel" can be done when the kids are older...unless I am lucky enough that they always want to return to WDW :p

:hug:DH finally made it home last night :woohoo: Then we fell asleep watching the election results...I wasn't sure who would be President last night...very exciting !!

Ugh....the house ALWAYS needs stuff:mad:

:lmao: Thanks!!! Yep, there is always a way to change ;)

I can't wait!!! HRH already pops in, won't be long until Katie follows suit...ahem, Kate (she's changed her name to Kate BTW) :confused:

:woohoo: And what an exciting election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awwwww....we have electionic ballots, every year a different kiddo gets to press the buttons.....this year was Brandon, he was SO excited :yay:

:hug: Not on Facebook but I'm here fo you Marie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:scared1:

:rotfl2:

I bet they fit in packing cubes :thumbsup2

Sounds reasonable to me ;)

World Showcase travel is just as good IMO...all my friends and family KNOW where we go...agreed the "travel" can be done when the kids are older...unless I am lucky enough that they always want to return to WDW :p

Electronic ballots!!! How fancy!!!

My ballot was taken and thrown into a cardboard box - LOL!!! (The scanner was broken) Good times!!!

I can't wait to go home today and see that NO ONE has called my house, after months of 20+ missed calls per day w/election crapola!!!

Still pondering the view upgrade, but really feeling the BC today...:beach:

Electronic ballots!!! How fancy!!!

My ballot was taken and thrown into a cardboard box - LOL!!! (The scanner was broken) Good times!!!

I can't wait to go home today and see that NO ONE has called my house, after months of 20+ missed calls per day w/election crapola!!!

Still pondering the view upgrade, but really feeling the BC today...:beach:

:lmao: Good old automated polling/election calls :headache:

If you're not in your room so much..the view isn't worth it. We had a firework view in our YC suite..but I would've rather been at WS and had the luxury of WALKING back:woohoo:

:lmao: Good old automated polling/election calls :headache:

If you're not in your room so much..the view isn't worth it. We had a firework view in our YC suite..but I would've rather been at WS and had the luxury of WALKING back:woohoo:

I tend to agree with this....Jeanette!!! The voice of reason!!! :goodvibes

:rotfl:

How's that Poly CL ressie doing? ;)

You mean the 3 night CL split stay, that DH thinks is POR ;)

Yeah the kids mentioned Despicable Me ride last night and DH was like...no more changes..then the girls looked at me and smiled :upsidedow

You mean the 3 night CL split stay, that DH thinks is POR ;)

Yeah the kids mentioned Despicable Me ride last night and DH was like...no more changes..then the girls looked at me and smiled :upsidedow

Does he know about the Universal portion??? :rotfl:

Good morning!!! I ventured out of the house this morning to go to the bank and drop the winter clothes I had off at the kids school for the truck heading up north. I wanted to go grocery shopping but DH said no, he would go after work. He doesn’t want me lifting, stretching, bending, etc. Normally I would love for someone to offer to shop for me, but honestly I am tired of being in the house. But I guess I should take the opportunity to heal now, so I am at 100% for Disney in 3 ½ weeks :dance3:

Marie – I hope your MIL cooled her comments after we backed you up ;) Thankfully my MIL is not on FB, although I would never friend her if she was anyway.

Miss, Candace, and IHTM – we bought the rum runners last year after having a couple years of $1000+ bar tabs on our cruises :eek: Royal Caribbean doesn’t “allow” you to bring alcohol with you, so I learned about these on the cruise boards. They aren’t detected by scanners and travel really well. IHTM, so many people fly with them and have no issues. You fill them about 2/3 of the way so they can expand and I packed each one into a gallon size Ziploc just in case there was any leaking. Of course with Disney you aren’t trying to sneak the alcohol but the rum runners are so much easier than big bulky glass bottles .

Candace – thank you for the praise, I am full of product knowledge :upsidedow

Jen – I know what you mean, we broke away from Disney for a bit trying other vacations but we are back and the kids couldn’t be more excited. We had a week at Beaches Turks and Caicos booked for this week actually, but the more we thought about it we knew the kids just wouldn’t truly appreciate that vacation. They loved cruising but again we knew they would appreciate Disney even more. I think Disney is a love or hate kinda thing, although who could really hate Disney :confused3

Jeanette – YAY on DH getting back home! I am :rotfl: that DH is in the dark on your trip! You are too much! Although my DH still has no idea how much we have been and are paying on our trips, I just tell him we are saving 35% and CR is only $200 more, he just doesnt know what it is $200 more than :rolleyes1

Good morning to everyone else :wave2:

Melissa

I plead the fifth :lmao:

You are TOOOOO funny!!!!!! :rotfl2:

I was doing Facetime with DH last night and he asked if I had altered our reservation at all. He knows that when I am all by myself, the twitch gets stronger! He was happy to know that I had not made any changes! :goodvibes

jennyjinx3 said:
Okay...love it!!:rotfl:

Yeah we know I am not shy about my relationship with MIL. I NEVER pick up the phone when she's calling....it infuriates her ;)

But I guess I should take the opportunity to heal now, so I am at 100% for Disney in 3 ½ weeks :dance3:

Yes you should Melissa!
Jeanette – YAY on DH getting back home! I am :rotfl: that DH is in the dark on your trip! You are too much! Although my DH still has no idea how much we have been and are paying on our trips, I just tell him we are saving 35% and CR is only $200 more, he just doesnt know what it is $200 more than

Melissa
DH is on to me when it comes to discounts...he may ot know exact figures...but he does know deluxe hotels are cha-ching :rolleyes:

You are TOOOOO funny!!!!!! :rotfl2:

I was doing Facetime with DH last night and he asked if I had altered our reservation at all. He knows that when I am all by myself, the twitch gets stronger! He was happy to know that I had not made any changes! :goodvibes

Same here Candace :hug:

I will tell DH where we stay...when we check-in ;)

Let's try this again...it's snowing and all the schools are on early dismissal.

My oldest voted for the first time too, actually a few weeks ago he sent in his absentee...maybe someday he will actually get to vote for someone who wins!! ( he would be better off casting his ballot in Indiana)

DetTigsGal said:
Let's try this again...it's snowing and all the schools are on early dismissal.

My oldest voted for the first time too, actually a few weeks ago he sent in his absentee...maybe someday he will actually get to vote for someone who wins!! ( he would be better off casting his ballot in Indiana)

That's great! I think it's very important for us to get involved in the political process. I casted a vote for the 1st time, could have casted a vote for the prior 2 times but didn't see the importance! So yeah, my vote didn't count, except it was one less for the opponent, that's how he's gotta look at it, that it was one less vote for someone he didn't want voted in.

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Hi everyone!!! I've been away for a little while. Life gets busy sometimes, haha. How is everyone? Any resort changes lately? I'm thinking of just sticking with the Poly now, lol. I wish I knew when the Fiji longhouse was due for refurbishment, right now there's no date except 2013. :/

Sent from my GalaxyS II

Just happened to be reading this and thought of someone who may or may or may not be visiting Universal soon.....

Join the Grinch for Breakfast

The Grinch is inviting you to breakfast! Treat your family to The Grinch & Friends Character Breakfast (separate fee applies) at Universals Islands of Adventure.

Youll enjoy an all-inclusive buffet at Confisco Grille where youll dine with The Grinch and many more of your favorite Seuss characters, including a Who or two. Plus, youll get express access to The Cat In The Hat ride with your Character Breakfast receipt! With limited seating and select dates, these breakfasts are sure to fill up fast. Call (407) 224-4012 to reserve your space today!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter