Shh, do you hear that? It's the winds of change~link to new thread post#3501

Status
Not open for further replies.
i_heart_the_mouse said:
Hey Girls!

Just got home from voting. I'm a sap, but I :lovestruc Election Day!

I'm having severe second thoughts about my RPC ressie especially since I've been reading on the GF thread that the pool construction is running behind. The DVC construction doesn't bother me, but I would be very upset to spend this much money and walk into a torn up courtyard. :scared:

I'm also back to questioning CL at all. My reasons for not wanting it are still valid, so why do I keep booking it anyway :confused3

Today I'm feeling CR TPV and BC GV again. <sigh> Why can't you just make changes online.I hate calling CRO :sad2:

pas - changing after OCI :rotfl2: I almost asked you yesterday if that could be done, but I resisted. I guess I know the answer now! Enjoy the KKC :yay:

i_heart_the_mouse said:
And this is convincing me even more that I don't need or want CL! :thumbsup2

I sat down ad tried to convince myself that YC CL was the way to go for Feb. But at $100/nt more it wasn't worth it. The extra space to go would be nice but we won't even come close todo suing enough of the food and drink to make it any where with it. If it was a hot breakfast, maybe??? As far as the GF pool running behind, I am not surprised and definitely would not pay all that money to have to walk around construction. I am really looking forward to our CR stays!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Yes! A lot can be done with that $1000 savings...I keep telling myself this.
No CL.

I love Election Day too...but I was also a Political Science major in college so obviously my dorkiness extends beyond all things Disney! :rotfl:

CR TPV and BC GV sounds like an awesome split!!! :thumbsup2

An equal opportunity dork! :rotfl:

I feel like I'd jump on that split in a second if it wasn't for the stupid Dolphin nights I have booked right in the middle mocking me mercilessly. :sick: I did reread my ressie and I'd only forfeit one night by canceling, but still... ugh. I do not want to throw money away. I guess I could do CR/Dolphin/BC.

I sat down ad tried to convince myself that YC CL was the way to go for Feb. But at $100/nt more it wasn't worth it. The extra space to go would be nice but we won't even come close todo suing enough of the food and drink to make it any where with it. If it was a hot breakfast, maybe??? As far as the GF pool running behind, I am not surprised and definitely would not pay all that money to have to walk around construction. I am really looking forward to our CR stays!!!!!

More sound reasoning. Truthfully, although I hate to admit this, my biggest fear about skipping CL is how to calculate our alcohol budget. DH and I do drink our fair share on vacay and at Disney prices, I'm afraid! It's not unusual for each of us to have 2 beers by the pool, then a glass of wine or 2 with appies and a cordial or 2 at bedtime. That's like 8-12 drinks per day. That alone cold cover our upgrade cost :sad2:

I feel like I'd jump on that split in a second if it wasn't for the stupid Dolphin nights I have booked right in the middle mocking me mercilessly. :sick: I did reread my ressie and I'd only forfeit one night by canceling, but still... ugh. I do not want to throw money away. I guess I could do CR/Dolphin/BC.

More sound reasoning. Truthfully, although I hate to admit this, my biggest fear about skipping CL is how to calculate our alcohol budget. DH and I do drink our fair share on vacay and at Disney prices, I'm afraid! It's not unusual for each of us to have 2 beers by the pool, then a glass of wine or 2 with appies and a cordial or 2 at bedtime. That's like 8-12 drinks per day. That alone cold cover our upgrade cost :sad2:

Did you usually get a drink in the lounge and then bring it to the pool??? Because I hadn't even thought about doing that. DH and I aren't huge drinkers...I think we each may have had 3-4 drinks each our whole 11 day trip.

One day by the pool, we did buy drinks...DH got a beer and I got a margarita but we paid for it at the pool bar...wondering if we should have done that???

Do you have a TiW card?? Because that gives 20% off of alcohol too. :)

Good morning, ladies! :goodvibes

A rare Kooksterammalammadingdong sighting. :wave2:
:lmao:
Thanks, I needed that - you are a hoot!

My DD5 AKA Bree is the same way. She would go on the weekend if she could...

Here's some words from Kate (also the model student, yet Tornado Kate at home)

"Mommy, I use up all my good at school & I have to let the sillies out at home" :rotfl:
She's one smart cookie. Someday, she can let the sillies out on the DIS;)

Hey Girls!

Just got home from voting. I'm a sap, but I :lovestruc Election Day!
You aren't sappy, you're a patriot. It's our patriotic duty to vote and I feel the same way. DD even still comes with me and gets her sticker. Four years from today she can actually wear it.

Did you usually get a drink in the lounge and then bring it to the pool??? Because I hadn't even thought about doing that. DH and I aren't huge drinkers...I think we each may have had 3-4 drinks each our whole 11 day trip.

One day by the pool, we did buy drinks...DH got a beer and I got a margarita but we paid for it at the pool bar...wondering if we should have done that???

Do you have a TiW card?? Because that gives 20% off of alcohol too. :)

Yep, we do take beer from the lounge to the pool. Actually we really only have more then 1 beer at at the Poly since the lounge is so close to the pool area. Mostly I stuck a few beers in the fridge for daytime consumption but if I forgot there was always someone around to grab me a few and some cups on our way out to the pool.

We do have a TIW, so that would help, and I do love my frou-frou drinks which I usually skip in favor of the "free :rolleyes1" beer for pooltime.

I can't believe I forgot to say this before, but hi Sarah! Glad to see you posting!

Kook - that's too cool about your DD! My kids love to go voting too!

Waving hi to everyone else! :goodvibes

i_heart_the_mouse said:

If you get that much alcohol use out of the CL then it is def worth it! We just aren't there enough to get that much out of it. We do bring with us though and use that when we are going to the pool and for evening drinks on the balcony or when the kids are going to sleep. We had bought rum runner pouches for cruising, so we just fill those as those are easy to pack. On our last cruise I think we went had had drinks one night in the CL, it just really depends on how much you use the CL.

WDWKOOK said:
You aren't sappy, you're a patriot. It's our patriotic duty to vote and I feel the same way. DD even still comes with me and gets her sticker. Four years from today she can actually wear it.

DS voted for the first time today!!!! As if all the other things didn't make me feel old enough ;) But he has always followed politics so this meant a lot to him.

DS voted for the first time today!!!! As if all the other things didn't make me feel old enough ;) But he has always followed politics so this meant a lot to him.

What a milestone! You must be so proud. I hope his line wasn't too long. One election I saw a mom taking photos of her DS voting for the first time - another one for the scrapbook:thumbsup2

That is excellent. Good for him. :goodvibes I fondly recall my first general election vote.

Miss M got to feed the ballot into the reader. You should have seen the look on her face... :scared: You'd have thought the machine was going to bite her.

WDWKOOK said:
What a milestone! You must be so proud. I hope his line wasn't too long. One election I saw a mom taking photos of her DS voting for the first time - another one for the scrapbook:thumbsup2

If we hadn't gone at different times, I probably would have snapped a picture as well (blush). We got lucky with no lines. I think so many people here in FL did early voting or absentee ballots that everyone is saying they had little to no wait today :)

Missoutandabout said:
That is excellent. Good for him. :goodvibes I fondly recall my first general election vote.

Miss M got to feed the ballot into the reader. You should have seen the look on her face... :scared: You'd have thought the machine was going to bite her.

My DD Fed the machine too :) she was a little freaked out as first, lol! I actually remember my first senatorial election better than my first presidential election (which was two years prior). When you grow up in MA and Ted Kennedy has been the senator since before you are born, those elections are a big deal!! The funny part about that (and not starting a political debate here) election back in 1994, is that I voted for the same person I voted for today!

:confused3 BRING OUT THE REINFORCEMENTS!!! :goodvibes :wave2: Those of you who are friends with me on FB!!! I just got the NOT AGAIN comment from my MIL!!! She'll just never understand my love of Disney!!! so feel free to hop on and say how right I am to love going back again, and again and again! I can use all the positive feedback I can get for my feelings!!!! :goodvibes

chimo2u said:
:confused3 BRING OUT THE REINFORCEMENTS!!! :goodvibes :wave2: Those of you who are friends with me on FB!!! I just got the NOT AGAIN comment from my MIL!!! She'll just never understand my love of Disney!!! so feel free to hop on and say how right I am to love going back again, and again and again! I can use all the positive feedback I can get for my feelings!!!! :goodvibes

I got your back!!!! Even though the post is filled with a multitude of misspellings, LOL!!!

Remember that onslaught of RC-attacking mailbox spiders a while ago? Because the hubs is out-of-town, today was the first day I've had to get the mail since it happened. :scared1: :laughing:

If you get that much alcohol use out of the CL then it is def worth it! We just aren't there enough to get that much out of it. We do bring with us though and use that when we are going to the pool and for evening drinks on the balcony or when the kids are going to sleep. We had bought rum runner pouches for cruising, so we just fill those as those are easy to pack. On our last cruise I think we went had had drinks one night in the CL, it just really depends on how much you use the CL.

See the thing is, I'd rather not feel limited to using the lounge to maximize the value. I don't actually like being in the lounge (except RPC) at the evening service. I usually just run in grab a drink and leave immediately. I've run into some major crowding/food hoarding that is a turn off for me. What is a rum runner pouch? :scratchin

Yay for DS! :cool1:

Awww, poor Miss M. I'll bet someday she looks back on that moment fondly though! :goodvibes

My MIL is blocked from my FB for basically this type of reason. Just sayin... :rotfl: Sorry she's giving you trouble! :hug:

Missoutandabout said:
Remember that onslaught of RC-attacking mailbox spiders a while ago? Because the hubs is out-of-town, today was the first day I've got had to get the mail since it happened. :scared1: :laughing:

LMAO, I just went to get the mail in the dark and thought of you as I was putting my hand in the mailbox!!! Literally 2 minutes ago!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

IHTM - rum runners

8162496987_2ee3cce532.jpg

See the thing is, I'd rather not feel limited to using the lounge to maximize the value. I don't actually like being in the lounge (except RPC) at the evening service. I usually just run in grab a drink and leave immediately. I've run into some major crowding/food hoarding that is a turn off for me. What is a rum runner pouch? :scratchin

This is us, too. (Except we've not done RPC so I can't comment on that!) I felt like we were in the room / on the floor so infrequently that it was a total waste. The wine was so-so and although the beer was decent, I find myself wanting a nice mixed drink more often than not in Disney -- which you're not getting on CL. Once we discovered the drinks at the Crew's Cup ... and Bluezoo ... and ESPN, I think it has kinda sold us on the idea of no-CL. Hate the idea of feeling like we NEED to be somewhere when we're on vacation -- which probably explains my disdain for ADRs. :headache:

Awww, poor Miss M. I'll bet someday she looks back on that moment fondly though! :goodvibes

I sure hope so! She spent the whole morning whining about having to go out before we went. Oh boy. :rolleyes:

My MIL is blocked from my FB for basically this type of reason. Just sayin... :rotfl: Sorry she's giving you trouble! :hug:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

LMAO, I just went to get the mail in the dark and thought of you as I was putting my hand in the mailbox!!! Literally 2 minutes ago!

No creepy-crawlies, I take it? :eek: For some unexplained reason, I tried to look back into the depths of the mailbox but it was too dark to see anything and I immediately thought, "If I was a spider, that'd be a nice place to set up shop." Having then totally freaked myself out, I slammed it shut.

Whoa. What do you do with those? Looks like I might kinda need some... :rotfl:

Well, according to DH (and he doesn't ask for much) RPC is a must do. He said if I wasn't willing to spend our vacation budget on it, then I should just consider it an early anniversary present (our 10 year anniversary is 3/22 :lovestruc) I told him I'd been thinking diamonds but he just rolled his eyes at me! :confused3:rotfl:

Also, GV is no longer available at BC nor is SV at BWI :sad1:. I guess I could go with YC, I'll ponder that tonight I guess.

Miss - I hate ADR's too! I have 6 scheduled for this trip, but by the time we go I'll probably be down to 2 or maybe even 1. I hate clock watching on vacation :upsidedow

babyberger - Thanks for the info! Those look cool. I wonder if they would work on a plane though? Knowing my luck I'd end up with liquor soaked clothing upon arrival :sad2: I'll have to remember that if we ever end up driving down :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter