SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

OK, in case I haven't mentioned it ... in the last 10 minutes ... 10 days to Disney!!!!! :lmao:

Anyway, for those of you familiar with my trip reports (and those who aren't ... yet), I am trying to think of a new contest for this year's trip. I did a "where in the world" photo contest and a "what in the world" photo contest. Any ideas for this year?? :confused3

How about a "who in the world?" :)

Be sure to take into account the much larger rooms and more private baths at SOG. I also prefer not to have to go outside for everything.

The room size is usually my biggest plus, but we only have one child with us this time so it isn't going to be a huge deal. But I love the bathroom option at SOG, with the separate changing area. That's so ideal for a family. And, it is nice that everything is inside if the weather is lousy..

(thanks for adding to the pro list.)

Oh, and there is starbucks inside SOG.

OK, in case I haven't mentioned it ... in the last 10 minutes ... 10 days to Disney!!!!! :lmao:

Anyway, for those of you familiar with my trip reports (and those who aren't ... yet), I am trying to think of a new contest for this year's trip. I did a "where in the world" photo contest and a "what in the world" photo contest. Any ideas for this year?? :confused3

Congrats Jane.. :cool1::cool1: Love reading your trip reports and can't wait to see the new photos you post. (Especially the improvements at Shades and the new Fantasyland.) It looks like we are going to cross paths at Shades for a few days in February so I will be playing, "Where in the world is Leo?" :rotfl2::rotfl2:
Have Fun...

The room size is usually my biggest plus, but we only have one child with us this time so it isn't going to be a huge deal. But I love the bathroom option at SOG, with the separate changing area. That's so ideal for a family. And, it is nice that everything is inside if the weather is lousy..

(thanks for adding to the pro list.)

Oh, and there is starbucks inside SOG.

Bathroom! Huge Pro. I looks like since the renovation the bathroom counter space is better. We traveled with 3 (1 teenage girl) and the amount of counter space for 2 females and dad was not enough ;)

There isn't really a closet either and if you use the safe - it's tiny. Wallet size.
Photos here http://www.portorleans.org/gallery.php

Bathroom! Huge Pro. I looks like since the renovation the bathroom counter space is better. We traveled with 3 (1 teenage girl) and the amount of counter space for 2 females and dad was not enough ;)

There isn't really a closet either and if you use the safe - it's tiny. Wallet size.
Photos here http://www.portorleans.org/gallery.php

LOL those royal guest rooms at POR would give me nightmares. Crap.

You can book one year out. So I would start checking at the beginning of December and book it as soon as the calendar opens. And, by the way, how exciting to celebrate Christmas at Disney! Have a blast! party:

Yay, that makes me happy, I will be watching and jump as soon as I am able to book.

We love Christmas at Disney, we've been there twice for Christmas and it was so nice. It gets crowded after Christmas, but before it's not bad. I've been wanting to go back for the last couple of years, but with DH's job, we couldn't, here's hoping for next year.

Oh, I wish i was going back in 10 days, we had a really nice time last week, but I was sick on our first day and couldn't leave the rooom and then everything seemed so hurried. I want a do over.

We are planning our first SoG stay in March 2014 after 4 days on the Dream :-)yay:). Disney Cruise line transportation does not go to SoG. The person I spoke too suggested that we might be able to be dropped at the Polynesian resort and go from there to SoG. How have other folks handled this? Thanks!

We are planning our first SoG stay in March 2014 after 4 days on the Dream :-)yay:). Disney Cruise line transportation does not go to SoG. The person I spoke too suggested that we might be able to be dropped at the Polynesian resort and go from there to SoG. How have other folks handled this? Thanks!

We have done a Dream cruise when we last stayed at Shades and are taking another when we go to Shades this February. We prefer to rent a car directly from MCO so we can drive to DTD and arrive at port when we want. (As well as the price is much better than having to pay for so many transfers.)

I have a question about parking. We are headed to MK on the day we check out. If we check out early can we leave our car parked and get it in the afternoon when we are ready to leave?

I have a question about parking. We are headed to MK on the day we check out. If we check out early can we leave our car parked and get it in the afternoon when we are ready to leave?

yep. They won't give you any trouble about that. :)

Hey, if Disney is going to handle you to the Poly for free or minimal cost, then I think these are some good options. 1. You can walk the whole way from the Poly to Shades; about 10 minutes, and drag your luggage, for free. 2. You can walk 2 minutes to the entrance of Shades and bribe the Shady Shuttle to come get you ( for tip; usually 2 dollars does the trick, but not guaranteed to be running ref staffing and weather) 3. You can pay a cab to transport you from the Poly to Shades. I can't imagine it would be more than $10 to cross the street.
I would think that all of these options would be cheaper than paying for transport from the boat.:wizard:

Does anyone know if I can request someone NOT be put anywhere near me in the resort? Just found out that someone we hoped to NEVER see again will not only be at the World the same time we are, but in Shades to boot! This person is a horrible person and just seeing him will put me in a foul mood ... even at Disney. Long story as to whom and why, but suffice it to say, it has to do with ex's. :scared:

Does anyone know if I can request someone NOT be put anywhere near me in the resort? Just found out that someone we hoped to NEVER see again will not only be at the World the same time we are, but in Shades to boot! This person is a horrible person and just seeing him will put me in a foul mood ... even at Disney. Long story as to whom and why, but suffice it to say, it has to do with ex's. :scared:

I have had to do this at other hotels, not SOG, but generally when I check in I simply say that this person is very loud (or something like that) and that I would prefer to be very far away from him/her.

It's probably going to mean that you lose your good room that you like - they'll move you, rather than them.

You could try calling ahead of time, but I'm not sure that they'll be able to do much at this point. Sorry :(

I just wanted to say that has got to suck and I would be begging somebody to make sure I wasn't close to them. I wish I could have done that when my in-laws were at WDW, but since they were traveling with us, they put us in adjoining rooms, this was at Pop...lol

I would call the reservations line and ask them to note it on my reservation and then mention it again when you check in. I hope you don't run into them anywhere, I wouldn't want it to spoil the Disney magic for you.

I just booked SoG for this weekend. Going to MNSSHP Friday, Yay! :cheer2::cheer2:

How early can I check in? I know the website says 3, but we'd like to hit lunch at 2:30 at Kona before we head into MK at 4. Will we be able to check in at around 1:30, or are they really strict?

You can check in at any time but your room may or may not be ready. We checked in at 10am last month but were told we would have to stop back late in the afternoon to get our keys and room assignment. You may get lucky trying to check in the middle of the afternoon. BTW we are going to be at Shades this weekend too!

I just booked SoG for this weekend. Going to MNSSHP Friday, Yay! :cheer2::cheer2:

How early can I check in? I know the website says 3, but we'd like to hit lunch at 2:30 at Kona before we head into MK at 4. Will we be able to check in at around 1:30, or are they really strict?

We've gotten there at 11 am 3 times, twice our room was ready and once it wasn't. Not a big deal since we have our car. We just head out either to a park or for lunch somewhere. We're going to go to WL and check it out this trip since we'll be there before noon. If you can't get into your room, bell services will hold your bags.

Woo-HOO! It looks like this person will NOT be staying at Shades. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter