SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

another question . At shades I know we can book 3 rooms. Does anyone know what the rule is for military rooms at the Disney hotels?

another question . At shades I know we can book 3 rooms. Does anyone know what the rule is for military rooms at the Disney hotels?

I believe that you can book three rooms. We've been able to book that many in the past. Never tried to book more. The tricky thing
Is getting three rooms with a military discount available this time around. At least during busy time :-)

Yes, that was with tax, so I thought it was fairly good price, all things considering. Value would have been even cheaper, but it's just not my thing - too small, too crowded, too 'themed'. But, staying on site has benefits for a short trip like this. We'd be meeting my parents who would have a car, but we could use ME without spending the added money on a car service to SOG. If there was a food court we could easily eat more 'in' that out, which makes it nice.

It might be a good opportunity to cheaply stay on site since we just don't need the jumbo sized SOG room with only one child with us.

A lot to think about, now I just need to convince DH. :lmao:

DO IT! :cheer2: DO IT! :cheer2: DO IT! :cheer2: DO IT!

I have always been able to pick up actual tickets on base. At Andrews and NAS Annapolis, I had to order them and they took approx 14 days to come. At Pensacola they keep them in stock. Granted, Military Salute tickets still have to be activated prior to use; but I have in hand an actual ticket. I will try to get more info from the OP on the other board.
I don't even know what that voucher is that people are talking about.
Also the prices on base are usually $5 to $6 cheaper per ticket than at Shades. Adds up if you are buying up to the limit.

Some bases will order regular military discount tickets and some will not...they issue a voucher instead. (I think the size of the base is a factor. Pensacola is pretty big.) But the Armed Forced Salute tickets are different...

Steve at Military Disney Tips explains:

"Many people are surprised to find out that Disneys Armed Forces Salute Tickets need to be activated at Walt Disney World.

Just buying them at your Military Base Ticket Office or Shades of Green isnt all you need to do. These special Disney military tickets wont work in the theme park turnstiles or at other Walt Disney World venues unless they are activated first."

He then explains why it is done this way (they want control of the tickets) and the steps needed to activate. You can find it here:

http://www.militarydisneytips.com/b...isney-armed-forces-salute-theme-park-tickets/

It's probably bad news that I just realized that we have air points enough for 3 tickets, not just 2. And it's also bad news that I've started working on best park days for this trip which I haven't yet convinced dh to take.

And by bad, I mean really stinking awesome. ;)

I've got to call SOG today to find out about the military appreciation rates which still don't show up anywhere online.

Everyone cross fingers for me that the stars align. :)

(updating my own thread. Seems that from mid Jan to the 31st there is a $119 per night (cat2) rate which includes breakfast but a 4 night stay is required. From Feb 1-13 there is a cat 2 rate of $97 per night. any number of nights)

It's probably bad news that I just realized that we have air points enough for 3 tickets, not just 2. And it's also bad news that I've started working on best park days for this trip which I haven't yet convinced dh to take.

And by bad, I mean really stinking awesome. ;)

I've got to call SOG today to find out about the military appreciation rates which still don't show up anywhere online.

Everyone cross fingers for me that the stars align. :)

Fingers Crossed!! :thumbsup2

SOG Facebook post today. No word on prices.

Our Attraction Sales Office is now selling tickets for Universal's Halloween Horror Nights, Disney's Not So Scary Halloween Party and Disney's Very Merry Christmas Party. Stop by today to pick up your tickets or call 407-824-1403 for more information.

All fingers and toes crossed and lots of Pixie Dust coming your way! :tinker:pixiedust:

Thanks. I'm still working on dh. But I am fairly sure he'll come around in a day or so. lol

I know this might be sacrilege, but I think I might look more closely at POR. I was thinking at first that my parents could grab us from the airport but that won't work (and we'll need a return to the airport). So that means a towncar or car rental. I know I can get a rental down to what I'd pay for a towncar, somewhere around $100, but then there's parking cost at SOG. Ultimately, POR total is coming to about $100 more (over the 5 days) than SOG. That is pretty much break even because I would be able to use ME instead.

I have to make a list of pros and cons I think. I know I've always said that as soon as we could just have one child with us we'd go back to on property resorts. Uggh. But now I'm wondering what the best thing is.

Thanks. I'm still working on dh. But I am fairly sure he'll come around in a day or so. lol

I know this might be sacrilege, but I think I might look more closely at POR. I was thinking at first that my parents could grab us from the airport but that won't work (and we'll need a return to the airport). So that means a towncar or car rental. I know I can get a rental down to what I'd pay for a towncar, somewhere around $100, but then there's parking cost at SOG. Ultimately, POR total is coming to about $100 more (over the 5 days) than SOG. That is pretty much break even because I would be able to use ME instead.

I have to make a list of pros and cons I think. I know I've always said that as soon as we could just have one child with us we'd go back to on property resorts. Uggh. But now I'm wondering what the best thing is.

Make sure to list the park buses on your list. When we stayed at FQ, most of the time we had to ride around to all the other PO bus stops. Not always. Sometimes in the AM we would leave straight from FQ to a park. POR has 4 bus stops. FQ has 1. It was usually FQ was first then we went to POR but not always. And drop off at night started at POR and ended at FQ. Certainly not a deal breaker, just annoying.

Make sure to list the park buses on your list. When we stayed at FQ, most of the time we had to ride around to all the other PO bus stops. Not always. Sometimes in the AM we would leave straight from FQ to a park. POR has 4 bus stops. FQ has 1. It was usually FQ was first then we went to POR but not always. And drop off at night started at POR and ended at FQ. Certainly not a deal breaker, just annoying.

yeah, that too. There are a whole bunch of pros and cons, really. I really enjoy that the SOG buses are so prompt and easy. And I really enjoy that SOG is so convenient to MK.

Well, we just got back Monday night from a fabulous stay at Wilderness Lodge Club Level, and we have decided we want to go back for Christmas in Dec 2014. I was looking at prices and I think I refuse to pay $200 a night for Pop, that's a little less than I paid for BWI with the military discount. So, I think Shades is going to be our best bet for that trip.

When will I be able to book Dec 2014? I want to make sure I get booked plenty ahead of time. I am looking at probably Dec 23 thru Dec 28, 2014.

Well, we just got back Monday night from a fabulous stay at Wilderness Lodge Club Level, and we have decided we want to go back for Christmas in Dec 2014. I was looking at prices and I think I refuse to pay $200 a night for Pop, that's a little less than I paid for BWI with the military discount. So, I think Shades is going to be our best bet for that trip.

When will I be able to book Dec 2014? I want to make sure I get booked plenty ahead of time. I am looking at probably Dec 23 thru Dec 28, 2014.

You can book one year out. So I would start checking at the beginning of December and book it as soon as the calendar opens. And, by the way, how exciting to celebrate Christmas at Disney! Have a blast! party:

yeah, that too. There are a whole bunch of pros and cons, really. I really enjoy that the SOG buses are so prompt and easy. And I really enjoy that SOG is so convenient to MK.

Be sure to take into account the much larger rooms and more private baths at SOG. I also prefer not to have to go outside for everything.

OK, in case I haven't mentioned it ... in the last 10 minutes ... 10 days to Disney!!!!! :lmao:

Anyway, for those of you familiar with my trip reports (and those who aren't ... yet), I am trying to think of a new contest for this year's trip. I did a "where in the world" photo contest and a "what in the world" photo contest. Any ideas for this year?? :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter