SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

I am so tempted to book at that 40% off rate for next September. We'd be out of promotional park tickets, though (using them for our November trip) so I don't think I could convince DH. But, wow, what a deal on rooms that is...

Is this Sept 2014? I hope so! We are planning a trip then with the grands. :thumbsup2

You can only book a year in advance.. is this correct?:angel: If I wanted to book Sept of next year and get the 40% off...:yay:

So do the Salute tix do FP+? I still totally don't understand how this works. :confused3

I am waiting for info on this myself. Someone on another board has reported that they were able to link their Military Salute Tickets, but I don't know if they are staying at Shades or a Disney hotel that is in the FP+ trial test program. :confused:

I am waiting for info on this myself. Someone on another board has reported that they were able to link their Military Salute Tickets, but I don't know if they are staying at Shades or a Disney hotel that is in the FP+ trial test program. :confused:

No one seems to know. Our problem is, we buy our tickets through SOG. We'll be preordering, but won't get them til we check in. We're going in Nov, so it shouldn't be an issue as regular FP is still operating, but for the future it sure would be nice to know.

Well, we arrive tomorrow. Got vouchers from the Pentagon for the salute tix and plan to go to TTC to activate. I'll post an update after the fact. Should be interesting. :rolleyes1

A much larger test of FF+ began on Aug 2 that included four of the Disney Resorts’ guests; and still only selected guests…not everyone. They have a massive amount of cast members assigned at those resorts to help with all the new procedures. Everyone knows that every time there is a computer change/update there are always issues/bugs to fix; and this is a whole new system to debug.

The FF+ is attached to the ticket NOT the resort reservations. You do not have to stay at a Disney Resort to use FF+

HOWEVER since it would mean total mayhem in the testing stages to try to do it at the parks…they are using only Disney Resort guests at this time. So SOG guests will have to wait until the full rollout to take advantage of FF+. The old FF system will still be available until then.

It still remains a problem that Military tickets (including Military Salute tickets) must be picked up or activated in person at the parks/TTC before they can choose FF+ offerings. You have to wait to link to FF+ until you actually have a ticket in hand…not the voucher you get from the base or SOG. They check your Military ID first.

Since the norm will be somewhere in the neighborhood of 60 days in advance of arrival for all other tickets, it leaves Military ticket holders at a disadvantage no matter how early we book our vacations. Disney has yet to work out a solution. We can only hope that they will have a work around in place by the time FF+ goes live. Disney still is not saying exactly when that will be. They are saying the end of this year or the beginning of next year. It all depends on how quickly they can identify and fix problems.

We are going in early December, so are keeping our fingers crossed.

^^ Does this new FP+ system mean the regular fast pass system won't be available anymore? That we will all be forced to either use this new computer generated FP+ system or just be SOL? Doesn't seem fair to me. Just too much forced technology these days. :confused3

^^ Does this new FP+ system mean the regular fast pass system won't be available anymore? That we will all be forced to either use this new computer generated FP+ system or just be SOL? Doesn't seem fair to me. Just too much forced technology these days. :confused3

Everything I've read says that regular FP will be going away. I don't like it either. Those of us with military tickets will end up with whatever is left over when we can finally schedule FP+.

Everything I've read says that regular FP will be going away. I don't like it either. Those of us with military tickets will end up with whatever is left over when we can finally schedule FP+.

Steve at Military Disney Tips has asked Disney about this and was told they are working on it. No clue as to when they will come up with a solution.

I just booked SOG for 2/5 - 2/11 at the military appreciation rate of 97.00/ night!

I can't find that rate anywhere online. I'm looking at the end of January - when I try to pull up the military appreciation dates, it shows me last may.. uggh.

And I know this is like asking my dealer not to sell me crack, but I'm trying hard not to book something. I just realized I have enough miles for 2 tickets, plus, I have a $99 companion ticket. Regular room is 123 a night. Park tickets are 169. Though, we'd only be going with our 13 year old, not our older child, so maybe I could take advantage of staying in a regular disney room for a change with the military discount...

Someone needs to talk me off this ledge. lol

I can't find that rate anywhere online. I'm looking at the end of January - when I try to pull up the military appreciation dates, it shows me last may.. uggh.

And I know this is like asking my dealer not to sell me crack, but I'm trying hard not to book something. I just realized I have enough miles for 2 tickets, plus, I have a $99 companion ticket. Regular room is 123 a night. Park tickets are 169. Though, we'd only be going with our 13 year old, not our older child, so maybe I could take advantage of staying in a regular disney room for a change with the military discount...

Nope. Not gonna do it. Aint gonna talk anyone out of a trip to the World! :lmao:

Call them! The military appreciation rate disappears and reappears on their website daily.

Call them! The rate seems to disappear and reappear on their website. The day I bought it was not on their website so I just ask them for the military appreciation rate and I got it!

The best I can get (other than value) is about $149 a night at POR. Which isn't too bad. $123 for SOG. Oh, I am so considering this. I've never been late January. I'm sure it's much more enjoyable than August. LOL

buffettgirl said:
The best I can get (other than value) is about $149 a night at POR. Which isn't too bad. $123 for SOG. Oh, I am so considering this. I've never been late January. I'm sure it's much more enjoyable than August. LOL

Does the$149 include taxes? I think I'd like to try January sometime. Couple years ago we stayed at POFQ in November. It was definitely different and the best part was the food court.

It still remains a problem that Military tickets (including Military Salute tickets) must be picked up or activated in person at the parks/TTC before they can choose FF+ offerings. You have to wait to link to FF+ until you actually have a ticket in hand…not the voucher you get from the base or SOG. They check your Military ID first.

I have always been able to pick up actual tickets on base. At Andrews and NAS Annapolis, I had to order them and they took approx 14 days to come. At Pensacola they keep them in stock. Granted, Military Salute tickets still have to be activated prior to use; but I have in hand an actual ticket. I will try to get more info from the OP on the other board.
I don't even know what that voucher is that people are talking about.
Also the prices on base are usually $5 to $6 cheaper per ticket than at Shades. Adds up if you are buying up to the limit.

Does the$149 include taxes? I think I'd like to try January sometime. Couple years ago we stayed at POFQ in November. It was definitely different and the best part was the food court.

Yes, that was with tax, so I thought it was fairly good price, all things considering. Value would have been even cheaper, but it's just not my thing - too small, too crowded, too 'themed'. But, staying on site has benefits for a short trip like this. We'd be meeting my parents who would have a car, but we could use ME without spending the added money on a car service to SOG. If there was a food court we could easily eat more 'in' that out, which makes it nice.

It might be a good opportunity to cheaply stay on site since we just don't need the jumbo sized SOG room with only one child with us.

A lot to think about, now I just need to convince DH. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter