SHADES OF GREEN at Walt Disney World Resort Information & Questions

We always go the first week of February and have a great time. It was in the 50s - 60s during the day nice enough for shorts and then just need a light jacket or jumper for early morning and evenings. Best part is how low the crowds are the only ride we had problems with was Toy story Mania and Tomorrowland speedway. But even then highest wait was an hour so nothing too horrendous.

Thanks for the info will tell my mum to call about the discount.

Thanks for the info about the weather. :) We are going for Presidents week so I know it will be crowded when we go. However, we go every year at Easter and it is crazy busy then and we manage just fine.(Rope drop is the only way to go on those holidays.) We will miss the discount for the first 3 days but I am just Thankful for any discount. :yay:

I'm interested to know if anyone has been recently to SOG have they noticed how the renovations are going? From what I understand the Aafes is under construction (not sure if that's done already or when it's expected to be done). Also has the quite pool construction started yet (it was supposed to start on the first of April just wondering if that was started on schedule) and if its loud/bothersome to guest.

This is discussed on the SOG Facebook page.

There are hair dryers at SOG but they are the wall mounted ones so if you have a lot of hair or it takes you a long time to dry your hair I'd suggest bringing your own.

Hi all! Are there any particular rooms or areas of SOG that are more convenient to the bus stop and the walkway to the Poly? We will be traveling in September with another couple and three small children - I think we will walk to the Poly a lot to take the monorail or the boat to the MK. I've looked at maps of SOG but I'm not sure of how its situated in relation to everything else. Any other areas that you would suggest? We plan to be in the parks as much as possible as this is a quick four day trip (hopefully trying to recover from the nightmare trip we had to GF last year - eventually I'm going to do a trip report and share that disaster!)
I have never been to SOG - we tried to stay here on our honeymoon and (fortunately?) they were remodeling and we got the same rate at the Contemporary. I know requests aren't always granted, especially with needing two rooms, but it can't hurt to try. Thanks for any advice!

Hi all! Are there any particular rooms or areas of SOG that are more convenient to the bus stop and the walkway to the Poly? We will be traveling in September with another couple and three small children - I think we will walk to the Poly a lot to take the monorail or the boat to the MK. I've looked at maps of SOG but I'm not sure of how its situated in relation to everything else. Any other areas that you would suggest? We plan to be in the parks as much as possible as this is a quick four day trip (hopefully trying to recover from the nightmare trip we had to GF last year - eventually I'm going to do a trip report and share that disaster!)
I have never been to SOG - we tried to stay here on our honeymoon and (fortunately?) they were remodeling and we got the same rate at the Contemporary. I know requests aren't always granted, especially with needing two rooms, but it can't hurt to try. Thanks for any advice!

I always request the 2101 area. It is right off the lobby. Of course, we have also stayed in the 3101 area and it is just as convinient. As is the 4101 or 5101 areas (if there is a fifth floor. I can't remember). But all these rooms are right off the lobby (or elevator) and are convinient to the buses and the front entrance. Hope this helps. We will be there is September too. Can't wait! You won't be disappointed in Shades. It is a beautiful and wonderful resort.

Hi, have a question about preordering tickets. We were sent a paper to preorder which we did. Then we sent in our order with all put last four of credit card. We then got an email to send in last four of credit card, and it stated no more needed to be down tickets will be waiting at desk at check in. Well that was a week ago and they still have not charged the credit card, and it states that you need to tell them at. Least 72 hours in advance, and it takes a few days to get a hold of someone. So should I call and check on thes since it has been over a week and not processed, or do they wait until the day of check in to charge your credit card.

Hi, have a question about preordering tickets. We were sent a paper to preorder which we did. Then we sent in our order with all put last four of credit card. We then got an email to send in last four of credit card, and it stated no more needed to be down tickets will be waiting at desk at check in. Well that was a week ago and they still have not charged the credit card, and it states that you need to tell them at. Least 72 hours in advance, and it takes a few days to get a hold of someone. So should I call and check on thes since it has been over a week and not processed, or do they wait until the day of check in to charge your credit card.

We never received a paper about tickets. I am hoping we can buy them when we get there.

You might want to call and double check. It can't hurt and it will put your mind at ease.

We never received a paper about tickets. I am hoping we can buy them when we get there.

They should have emailed it to you about two weeks before your stay. But, yes, you can buy them at Shades. They have a ticket counter right around the corner and down the hall from the check-in desk. Hopefully you will catch the ticket counter when it isn't busy. But even if there is a line, it shouldn't be too bad. Have a blast!

Anyone here been to the Fork and Screen? popcorn:: I am planning to go in September, but would like to hear other opinions.:confused3

We preordered our tickets for our stay May 2 thru the 8th. our credit card was charged the day we ordered the tickets. Then got an email saying we check in online the day of our arrival that we can get our tickets early if our room isn't ready. 4 days to go:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Does anyone have updated info on the buses? The very first post has the schedule from 2010 and states that the buses leave for each park once per hour beginning a half an hour before the park opens. Is this still the case? It sounds like the buses would be very crowded and that you might not be able to get on the bus you want. Is this true?

I know there is a walkway to the Ploy but how far is it to walk from Shades of Green to the Poly?

About the buses...
We've never had any trouble if you pay attention to the schedule. If you are going to MK or EPCOT the bus will leave every 20 minutes to the TTC. If you miss the buses to AK or HS you take the TTC bus and there are Disney buses to AK and HS there that run pretty often. The HS bus is right next to the Shades bus and the AK is a couple stops away.
It's an easy walk to the Poly but I don't know if you really save any time with the walk and then waiting there.

We are not "rope drop" people so we usually are not trying to get on the first bus anywhere :) except HS once so we can get Toy Story FS and ride.

Does anyone have updated info on the buses? The very first post has the schedule from 2010 and states that the buses leave for each park once per hour beginning a half an hour before the park opens. Is this still the case? It sounds like the buses would be very crowded and that you might not be able to get on the bus you want. Is this true?

I know there is a walkway to the Ploy but how far is it to walk from Shades of Green to the Poly?

About the Poly - Check out post 1108 on page 74.

Have a great time!

No you don't have to pay the full amount just the cost of one nights stay for however many rooms you have I believe. Definitely not the full amount though.

We just called to add an extra night and were offered breakfast every morning for $12 more/night. We took it. We figure even if we eat elsewhere a couple of times, it's worth it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter