September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

Wow! that's fantastic!! Congratulations to them!! You must be thrilled.

Are they accepting the trip?

What a great thing.

Question re: Happy Limo Bus

Cash
Exact amount for family group
Delivered to who?
When?

Tip to driver upon arrival at port--right?

Jan

Hi Jan,
I'm going to talk with Happy Limo regarding their payment procedures. Yes it will be cash payment.

Phil & Rachel and Devon who will be just a little past 1 year we are in Cabin 5030
It is Rachel's Birthday
and our
Anniversary

Hi Phil,
Welcome to the cabin crawl. I will add you to the list on the front page. Thanks for signing on. We look forward to checking out your balcony.

Hi Jan,
I'm going to talk with Happy Limo regarding their payment procedures. Yes it will be cash payment.

I assume our charge will be per seat and that a 4+ year old pays the same as a 64+ year old because we each take a seat, and that is fine.

so

what would help me tremendously is if you would provide a formula or private contact about what is my cost per trip is for the 6 of us. Then I can put exact change in each of two envelopes, label each with our names and money total and hand them to you or the driver as you see fit. That way it is all set before I leave home.

And for the tip, we usually tip $1 per suitcase since the driver has to stow them under the bus and get them back out, is that reasonable?

:)
Jan

Just a quick FYI. I'm sure everyone is busy with their pre-Sept plans but I wanted to share a few things.

We booked our post-cruise dining for a few restaurants. I had the toughest time trying to secure a rsvp at Be our guest. I didn't realize you could extend up to 10 days past the 180 day mark when it lands on your check-in date thru the length of your reservation. I learned this yesterday which was too late to benefit from since i wanted to book this restaurant sometime between 10/3-6.

So I did manage to get 10/5 - Sat. at 4:20pm but under 2 seperate reservations. Looks like thurs, fri and sun of that week are all MNSSHP party dates since the MK closes at 7pm. I can't figure out if Be Our Guest is taking reservations beyond 7pm during these days once the party dates are officially released. So far I've gotten no answers.

It's becoming a part time job. I think I'm going to just leave well enough alone and hold onto what I have.

We are Karen (age 55) & Joe Freeman (age 63) from (south suburbs) of Chicago and have been DVC members since 1998 (Boardwalk). We have been on numerous cruises, but this will be our first Disney cruise. I'm really excited to sail on a Disney cruise, I just wish it were 7 days instead of 4.
Please add us to any activities as we would love to join in and meet everyone.
Thanks -
Karen Freeman

jkfreeman33 said:
We are Karen (age 55) & Joe Freeman (age 63) from (south suburbs) of Chicago and have been DVC members since 1998 (Boardwalk). We have been on numerous cruises, but this will be our first Disney cruise. I'm really excited to sail on a Disney cruise, I just wish it were 7 days instead of 4.
Please add us to any activities as we would love to join in and meet everyone.
Thanks -
Karen Freeman

Hi! Welcome! Check out the first page for links to FE information, our Facebook page, and more. We are first time DIsney cruisers, too, but we are not good sailors, so 4 days will be fine for us.....staying at BLT for a few days before the cruise. Deb and Jed O'Brien from Long Island, NY (DH is same age as your DH)

Welcome Karen! Nice to see another Chicagoan on board. I am from the northwest suburbs and will be cruising with my parents and friends who are also members. I've been on other Disney cruises before, but this is my first member cruise. Looking forward to it!

I assume our charge will be per seat and that a 4+ year old pays the same as a 64+ year old because we each take a seat, and that is fine.

so

what would help me tremendously is if you would provide a formula or private contact about what is my cost per trip is for the 6 of us. Then I can put exact change in each of two envelopes, label each with our names and money total and hand them to you or the driver as you see fit. That way it is all set before I leave home.

And for the tip, we usually tip $1 per suitcase since the driver has to stow them under the bus and get them back out, is that reasonable?

:).

Hi Jan,
I'm sorry it took so long to respond. It's been a busy week.

You are correct. The price for the bus charter is per seat so everyone pays the same amount. The price for the trip to port is $13.28 x 6 = $79.68 total.
The return trip is $12.51 x 6 = $75.06 for a grand total of $154.74 not including tip.

These prices could change slightly if stops are added or eliminated. As we get closer we will lock them in. Happy Limo's policy is for the driver to receive payment at the destination, therefore I think it would be more organized if everyone paid me in cash at boarding so I can transfer the payment to the driver at the appropriate time. Exact change will help alot.

The limo company recommends a 20% gratuity but you may tip as you see fit.

Since we have never been on a Disney cruise, I'm not sure how this works compared to other lines........
We are a party of 2, but like having a larger dining table of 8-10. I thinks it's fun to meet other cruisers and we have made some life long friends that started out as table mates.
Joe & I eat alone every day....I want to meet and eat with other fun people on a cruise. When I booked the cruise thru MS, they never even asked me what size table I wanted. I did pick late seating.....
I'm on page 49 of this tread and didn't see the answer to this question. Lots of posts for this cruise and I'm enjoying reading them.

Thanks -
Karen (& Joe) Freeman
Cabin #8522

Hi Karen and Joe.....Welcome to the cruise. I'm Kris(61) and DH is Don(61). This will be our 8th Disney cruise, first Members cruise.
With regard to table size, you don't pre-select a table size. But I'm sure with just 2 of you, you will be added to a larger table. The smallest table they have is a 4 top. You can call DCL and have them note on your ressie that you would like to be seated at a table or say 6 or 8, and I'm sure they will try to accommodate you.

Do check out the first page of this thread for all kinds of info.

Since we have never been on a Disney cruise, I'm not sure how this works compared to other lines........
We are a party of 2, but like having a larger dining table of 8-10. I thinks it's fun to meet other cruisers and we have made some life long friends that started out as table mates.
Joe & I eat alone every day....I want to meet and eat with other fun people on a cruise. When I booked the cruise thru MS, they never even asked me what size table I wanted. I did pick late seating.....
I'm on page 49 of this tread and didn't see the answer to this question. Lots of posts for this cruise and I'm enjoying reading them.

Thanks -
Karen (& Joe) Freeman
Cabin #8522

Hi Karen,
Welcome to our cruise meet. I've added you to the roll call on page one. We have a large group (including Henlady) with early dining, so if you consider switching your time you're welcome to join us.

We also have 4 seats available on our bus charter from the port to WDW. Check the front page for info. Let me know if you would like to join our cabin crawl and meet some cruisers and see some different cabin types on our at sea day. Should be a good time.

Thanks,
Jim

Welcome Karen...we are on 2nd dining. I am coming with my uncle/aunt (not much older than me-all within the 45-65 isn range), my cousin and her daughter who is 12..so we are a party of 5, we could easily add 2 if you want some company! Feel free to PM me if you like!:)

trying to decide what to do either before or after this cruise and someone suggested doing back 2 back cruises. When I priced it out.....the cruise after is $120 ($60 p/p) more than the cruise before. This is keeping the same cabin we are in for the member cruise #8522.
Oct must be a little more expensive than Sept.......
I'm almost thinking that the pre-cruise cruise is less expensive than spending 3 days in Disney. The price of park passes alone is almost as much as the cruise fare. I don't have anymore points available this year, my nephew & family (3 boys, 5.4 & 1) are using the last of my points in May, so I would have to pay for hotel & park passes.....
Just might have to consider doing a back to back cruise. Thanks for the suggestion!!
Karen F

Karen,
I like your line of thinking. Sounds like a perfectly good reason to book a B2B cruise and it's easier logistically.

This is our 6th Disney cruise but 1st member cruise. It's April 16th so now I have time to check out the board! We are Peggy and Gary and former Chicagoan's. Hi to jkfreeman from Crestwood and riarsen68! We both grew up on the North Side and lived in Gurnee before we got transferred to our new home in Florida! Looking forward to meeting everyone! We are late seating and will see where we end up since it's only the 2 of us! As long as a martini tasting doesn't interfere we would love to sign up for the Cabin Crawl. As long as it's Disney it's all good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter