September 29,2013 - DVC Member Cruise

This is our 6th Disney cruise but 1st member cruise. It's April 16th so now I have time to check out the board! We are Peggy and Gary and former Chicagoan's. Hi to jkfreeman from Crestwood and riarsen68! We both grew up on the North Side and lived in Gurnee before we got transferred to our new home in Florida! Looking forward to meeting everyone! We are late seating and will see where we end up since it's only the 2 of us! As long as a martini tasting doesn't interfere we would love to sign up for the Cabin Crawl. As long as it's Disney it's all good!

Welcome Peggy and Gary! Nice to see some fellow Chicagoans on board. This will be my 5th Disney cruise. But, it is also my first member cruise.

This is our 6th Disney cruise but 1st member cruise. It's April 16th so now I have time to check out the board! We are Peggy and Gary and former Chicagoan's. Hi to jkfreeman from Crestwood and riarsen68! We both grew up on the North Side and lived in Gurnee before we got transferred to our new home in Florida! Looking forward to meeting everyone! We are late seating and will see where we end up since it's only the 2 of us! As long as a martini tasting doesn't interfere we would love to sign up for the Cabin Crawl. As long as it's Disney it's all good!

Welcome abigaillynn,
I will sign you up as crawlers and hopefully the tasting won't be a conflict. Look forward to meeting you.

Jim

Hey it's way too quiet over here.

FYI - next month we'll be approaching the 120 day mark.

Here are some tentative plans:

dinner at Palo and Remy w/ our daughter Marie
Palo brunch? (possible)
rent a cabana
spa treatment of some sort
ride bikes at CC
snorkel? (maybe)
late night swim (if possible)

catch a movie - have no idea what will be playing

and attend whatever special entertainment they offer!

not to mention the cabin crawl and fe.

These 4 days are going to go by very quickly.

I have some photos of cabanas buffet offerings I'll share soon.

what is everyone else planning?

Hey it's way too quiet over here.

FYI - next month we'll be approaching the 120 day mark.

Here are some tentative plans:

dinner at Palo and Remy w/ our daughter Marie
Palo brunch? (possible)
rent a cabana
spa treatment of some sort
ride bikes at CC
snorkel? (maybe)
late night swim (if possible)

catch a movie - have no idea what will be playing

and attend whatever special entertainment they offer!

not to mention the cabin crawl and fe.

These 4 days are going to go by very quickly.

I have some photos of cabanas buffet offerings I'll share soon.

what is everyone else planning?

I think you've got it pretty well covered! I don't think we'll be quite as adventuresome as you.

Palo Dinner
Palo Brunch
Cabin Crawl
Special Entertainment
Disney Shows (there are one or two new ones for us)
Pirates IN the Caribbean

Here are some things to add;

Concierge Lounge Lattes and treats
room service
virtual golf
Antipasta & Gnocchi(Palo), Baguette & Cheese(Remy)
Cabanas ice cream
bumpout balcony deck 12

I'm in the process of finalizing the outbound pick up route for our bus charter and need to reconfirm everyone's pre cruise resorts. Please post here with your confirmed stay.

We are booked at AKV Jambo so that stop is confirmed.

Thanks, Jim

I'm in the process of finalizing the outbound pick up route for our bus charter and need to reconfirm everyone's pre cruise resorts. Please post here with your confirmed stay.

Thanks, Jim

We're confirmed at the Yacht Club pre-cruise. If outbound means to the ship...

Here are some things to add;

Concierge Lounge Lattes and treats
room service
virtual golf
Antipasta & Gnocchi(Palo), Baguette & Cheese(Remy)
Cabanas ice cream
bumpout balcony deck 12

:confused3 "bumpout balcony deck 12" :confused:

Thanks, Jim

6 to be picked up at Beach Club before the cruise and returned to OKW after.
:) thank you!

Watched the Dream sail out today on the Port Canaveral webcam. 5 months from today that will be us. Hope it's a little warmer by then, they looked very cold waiving to the camera.

Crazy8Ma said:
Watched the Dream sail out today on the Port Canaveral webcam. 5 months from today that will be us. Hope it's a little warmer by then, they looked very cold waiving to the camera.

Five months!!!!!Whooo hoooooo!!!!!

This is what I call the bumpout balcony. We have the 4 cabins on deck 12,right above the spa with the rounded varandahs that extend further out.

THANKS!!

Now,
What is:
virtual golf
Antipasta & Gnocchi(Palo)
Baguette & Cheese(Remy)

Thanks
Jan

Virtual golf is a game where you hit a golf ball off a tee into a video screen and pretend to play a round of golf. They have it on deck 13 aft back where the sports deck is. There is also virtual hockey,soccer and pitching for the kids.

Antipasta and Gnocchi are dishes I like to order at Palo.

Gnocchi are rolled potato pasta and Antipasta is a platter with Italian meats and cheeses, roasted peppers, artchokes and olives.

IMG_6075_zps59fb7d99.jpg

Baguette is homemade french bread from the Remy kitchen. This is the best bread on the ship. Towards the end of your dinner courses in Remy, before dessert, they roll out a cheese cart with at least a dozen assorted cheeses to pick from. I love all of the different flavors and it's a great transition from meal to dessert.

These are a few of the little things that make my cruises fun.

Thanks for the answers and illustrations! :thumbsup2

Jan

We booked our post-cruise dining for a few restaurants. I had the toughest time trying to secure a rsvp at Be our guest. I didn't realize you could extend up to 10 days past the 180 day mark when it lands on your check-in date thru the length of your reservation. I learned this yesterday which was too late to benefit from since i wanted to book this restaurant sometime between 10/3-6.

Getting into Be Our Guest is like winning The Powerball! I hope you bought a ticket after you secured your reservation!::banana:

We booked our post-cruise dining for a few restaurants. I had the toughest time trying to secure a rsvp at Be our guest. I didn't realize you could extend up to 10 days past the 180 day mark when it lands on your check-in date thru the length of your reservation. I learned this yesterday which was too late to benefit from since i wanted to book this restaurant sometime between 10/3-6.

Getting into Be Our Guest is like winning The Powerball! I hope you bought a ticket after you secured your reservation!::banana:

I learned about the 10 day problem at midnight on my 180 day mark!!!! I was so aggravated! Hoping DVC will get us front of the line once the entire magic plus system is up! :cool1::rotfl2:

My DH and I are joining you all for our first Member cruise. I am extremely excited to be traveling with a ship full of people who love Disney as much as me! My name is Robin and DH is Jason. This is our 3rd cruise. We did the Dream and WDW last summer with DS12. We loved it enough to do an adult only cruise out of Galveston last September on the Magic. We are excited to be "home" on the Dream. We were super nervous cruising the first time, but we fell in love with it of course! Looking forward to seeing you at the port!:beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter