September 2013 Watch

When we were at POR in November the BB offer for FD had 9/13 as the last date for mods and 9/28 for deluxes. But when I called to book from my room the CM let me book CB for 9/28 arrival. I still have the copy of the offer from the room if anyone is interested I can post a pic of it.

Welcome! :goodvibes I have been reading on here and other websites that usually FD is released sometime around March-April. (Some on other threads are surmising that after this current promo ends on 3/7 we may see it). Also, I was able to get FD at Value last year. I would recommend booking the resort you want now, and adjust accordingly, that way if FD isn't released you won't have to worry about getting the resort you want :thumbsup2

Thanks! So I did some more research on the booking requirements though & have another question - if I book a vacation package but want to change the dates and/or add a code later, MouseSaver says they'll charge $50, if made directly through Disney. This charge doesn't apply to room only reservations though -So my logic is telling me I can book just the room for now & then make a resort/date/package add-on later if I need to in order to get the discount, with no charge. Is that right or did I miss something important? And if I use a travel agent, the $50 would also be avoided, right? Which do you all feel is better - using a TA or direct with Disney?

Also, thanks CopperWife for the historical chart - helped alot!!

TarrahA said:
Thanks! So I did some more research on the booking requirements though & have another question - if I book a vacation package but want to change the dates and/or add a code later, MouseSaver says they'll charge $50, if made directly through Disney. This charge doesn't apply to room only reservations though -So my logic is telling me I can book just the room for now & then make a resort/date/package add-on later if I need to in order to get the discount, with no charge. Is that right or did I miss something important? And if I use a travel agent, the $50 would also be avoided, right? Which do you all feel is better - using a TA or direct with Disney?

Also, thanks CopperWife for the historical chart - helped alot!!

No, that's not right. You only get charged a $50 fee if you are making changed less than 45 days before check in. Also, you can not just add tickets and dining to a room only reservation. You would have to completely cancel your room only reservation and they will not transfer that money to a new package reservation either - it takes 2 billing cycles, or 2 months, to get that money credited back to your credit card. The best thing to do is to make your package reservation with room tickets and dining and when a discount code is released, just call and have it added to your existing reservation. There is NOT a fee and even if you had to change dates, room category or even resorts there is not a fee, you don't have to rebook and your reservation number stays the same. There's really no reason to use a TA to book your Disney trip. They can't do anything or get any discount that you can't get personally. If you just don't want to take the time to call or plan use a TA but don't think they are doing things you can do or have access to yourself.

No, that's not right. You only get charged a $50 fee if you are making changed less than 45 days before check in. Also, you can not just add tickets and dining to a room only reservation. You would have to completely cancel your room only reservation and they will not transfer that money to a new package reservation either - it takes 2 billing cycles, or 2 months, to get that money credited back to your credit card. The best thing to do is to make your package reservation with room tickets and dining and when a discount code is released, just call and have it added to your existing reservation. There is NOT a fee and even if you had to change dates, room category or even resorts there is not a fee, you don't have to rebook and your reservation number stays the same. There's really no reason to use a TA to book your Disney trip. They can't do anything or get any discount that you can't get personally. If you just don't want to take the time to call or plan use a TA but don't think they are doing things you can do or have access to yourself.

Disney will only charge the $50 fee if whatever changes you make less than 45 days from check in LOWER the price of your reservation. If your price were to instead go up, then they will NOT charge the $50 fee.

strmtroopr96 said:
Disney will only charge the $50 fee if whatever changes you make less than 45 days from check in LOWER the price of your reservation. If your price were to instead go up, then they will NOT charge the $50 fee.

That's true, but the point of applying the free dining discount is to save you a whole lot of money ;-)

Got it! Thank you both for clarifying! It would be saving us money for sure, on top of allowing an upgrade from value to MOD resort, so I'm definitely hoping for FD, or at least a room discount. BF's sister (co-coordinator) just told me today she got the pin last month for 35% off but didn't even realize what it was until after it expired on the 16th. It would have covered our first set of dates if we had been able to catch it in time - kicking rocks!!! I think FD would be better deal for us anyway, but backup would have been nice. = /

from personal experience - we have called several times 24 hours in advance or even on the way down to add a night onto an existing reservation and we were not charnged any kind of penalty. So I agree with the PP if you're going up in price they won't charge you a fee.

I've gotten numerous pin odes in the mail for isneyland, but we always travel wdw. I'm looking at a September 3/10 vacation. I got an email saying x prices for dates starting September 14. It said be sure to mention this code. But it isn't say anything like save x percent or anything....... As I've said, I've only gotten postcard pins, I'm assuming that isn't a pin?

I've gotten numerous pin odes in the mail for isneyland, but we always travel wdw. I'm looking at a September 3/10 vacation. I got an email saying x prices for dates starting September 14. It said be sure to mention this code. But it isn't say anything like save x percent or anything....... As I've said, I've only gotten postcard pins, I'm assuming that isn't a pin?

If the prices look like rack rates, it's probably one of the promotional things they have been sending out that look like a sale, but aren't.
Check them against the online booking prices, and if it's lower, call to see.

I'll check to be sure, but they didn't appear to be a good deal or anything. Hopefully soon.

While we are on topic, I've never traveled with extended family. We will need 5 rooms. If I get a pin, can I book ll 5 rooms with it?

So I'm confused... How are people getting FD for September stays if it isn't being offered yet? We are going 9/22-9/28. How do I get that added???:confused3

So I'm confused... How are people getting FD for September stays if it isn't being offered yet? We are going 9/22-9/28. How do I get that added???:confused3

They booked a bounceback offer when they were there last year. Sorry, but you can't get it added now. Have to wait with the rest of us to see if they offer it to the general public.

EmilyJ said:
While we are on topic, I've never traveled with extended family. We will need 5 rooms. If I get a pin, can I book ll 5 rooms with it?

No you can not. You can book up to 3 rooms with a single pin code.

Joining in :surfweb:would like to see something for 8/31 - 9/8 so really the first week in Sept.

Want to take my DD again she hasn't been in a few years.

Anxiously awaiting a discount. I have not booked yet because I can not make up my darn mind and my resort may change depending on the discount offered. *come on discount dust*

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter