September 2013 Watch

wintotty said:
Does Disney usually have some sort of discounts in Sept-Oct? Just wondered if these are more like wishful thinking.

Yes, but I think a chunk of October is usually blacked out.

It's most likely blacked out in the middle of Oct due to Columbus Day. A lot of schools have their fall breaks around that time.

It's most likely blacked out in the middle of Oct due to Columbus Day. A lot of schools have their fall breaks around that time.

I have a trip booked and paid for for september 20-27 and i got Free dinning. It's just the reguarl plan but i saved $458.12. would be nice if i could save a little on the room but free dinning is nice. Still haven't figaured out how i got it.

I have a trip booked and paid for for september 20-27 and i got Free dinning. It's just the reguarl plan but i saved $458.12. would be nice if i could save a little on the room but free dinning is nice. Still haven't figaured out how i got it.

When did you book it?

I'm hoping for some FD too! We went last year around this time and got FD and it was spectacular! We are going either way but boy FD would be splendid! I have never EVER gotten a pin code! :sad:

Subbing! I need a discount for the last week of September. Looks like I'll be going solo for the first time :cool1:

I just my first pin code for my end of September trip. (well the code says it expires a couple of days before my trip so hopefully I will still be able to use it) Looks like it's for about 30% off of the room. Now only if I could get free dining too.

I just my first pin code for my end of September trip. (well the code says it expires a couple of days before my trip so hopefully I will still be able to use it) Looks like it's for about 30% off of the room. Now only if I could get free dining too.

bad news you can only use one discount - so either 30% off or FD not both

Personally I'm hoping for a good AP discount!

I believe I got the same pin code. We arrived the day it expires and I hoped the room discount would cover our entire stay but it only covered our first day.

So I am waiting for something better!:worried:

I believe I got the same pin code. We arrived the day it expires and I hoped the room discount would cover our entire stay but it only covered our first day.

So I am waiting for something better!:worried:

Ya so the discount actually ends on the 26th and we will be getting there on the 28th. Guess I'll have to hope for another offer.

Subbing - hoping for any type of discount Sept 22 - 28 or Sept 29 - Oct 5. I'm a newbie to the forums & Disney planning - anyone know if discounts follow a usual pattern? I'm open for the above dates & also the end of Oct, so I'm subbing to that thread too, but wanted to try to get a good idea of which dates are a better bet to book now. Also, I know historically discounts for FD were given to moderate & up - would it be better to book a moderate room & then adjust down to value if FD isn't an option later?

Subbing - hoping for any type of discount Sept 22 - 28 or Sept 29 - Oct 5. I'm a newbie to the forums & Disney planning - anyone know if discounts follow a usual pattern? I'm open for the above dates & also the end of Oct, so I'm subbing to that thread too, but wanted to try to get a good idea of which dates are a better bet to book now. Also, I know historically discounts for FD were given to moderate & up - would it be better to book a moderate room & then adjust down to value if FD isn't an option later?

Welcome! :goodvibes I have been reading on here and other websites that usually FD is released sometime around March-April. (Some on other threads are surmising that after this current promo ends on 3/7 we may see it). Also, I was able to get FD at Value last year. I would recommend booking the resort you want now, and adjust accordingly, that way if FD isn't released you won't have to worry about getting the resort you want :thumbsup2

Here is a link to a list of Mousesave's historical discounts and where they are normally released

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

We booked last September for this September and got the FD BB, so they will more than likely offer the FD to the general public

hailbug said:
We booked last September for this September and got the FD BB, so they will more than likely offer the FD to the general public

Did you originally sign up for a DP when you first booked?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter