September 2013 Watch

I got something in the mail today from Disney.

:banana:

I ripped that bad boy open like a kid on Christmas morning, only to discover it was just a mailer with a "code" for rack rates.

:sad::headache:

Booked our anniversary trip yesterday. Sept 28th- Oct 5th. The CM said to keep a watch out for FD because she was sure they'd be coming out with that soon.

Going in mid September as well!

I just called yesterday to book our rooms, and without prompting, the rep told me that it's quite likely that a free dining offer will come out during our timeframe. He said no guarantees, but they've done it for the last few years so he fully expects something will be offered this year too.

Here's hoping!

Booked the bounceback offer when we were there in January. Planning to be back in September (didn't tell DH or the kids :banana: so it will be a fun surprise) but if FD comes out then we can't combine those 2 offers right?

Booked the bounceback offer when we were there in January. Planning to be back in September (didn't tell DH or the kids :banana: so it will be a fun surprise) but if FD comes out then we can't combine those 2 offers right?

You'll have to choose one or the other. Whichever gives you the biggest discount. Usually this would be FD unless you can get a 40% off at a Deluxe.

You'll have to choose one or the other. Whichever gives you the biggest discount. Usually this would be FD unless you can get a 40% off at a Deluxe.

I had booked us to stay at POR again but was thinking of switching to BWI. Will wait & see if FD comes out & then crunch some numbers :) Not a bad dilemma to have I suppose :)

Right now we're booked at AKL (dying to stay there!) with a pin code of 35% off..However, I'm counting on FD coming out, I think it'll be a better deal for a family of 4? Bad part is, I'll lose that 35% off...Oh how I wish I could use both, but don't we all!!! I'm still so surprised that nothing has come out yet, I really thought it would have been announced by now....Here's to waiting and biting my fingernails off...:)

Right now we're booked at AKL (dying to stay there!) with a pin code of 35% off..However, I'm counting on FD coming out, I think it'll be a better deal for a family of 4? Bad part is, I'll lose that 35% off...Oh how I wish I could use both, but don't we all!!! I'm still so surprised that nothing has come out yet, I really thought it would have been announced by now....Here's to waiting and biting my fingernails off...:)

We're booked with 35% off at a standard room at Poly, which seems like a great deal, so I understand you not wanting to lose it.

In our case (only 2 adults), the 35% is saving us $1300 off the room. Dining Plan costs $900, and with gratuity and snacks, our food cost with the Dining Plan is ~$1200. OOP, though, our food cost is only ~$950. So, for us, the 35% makes the most sense.

With a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids), the dining plan is $1200, probably putting your food costs around $1600. Your OOP cost might be around $1400. Only you know for sure, based on what you'll eat.

Anyway, NUMBERS. But the point is that you'll probably want to take a close look because you might find that a free dining promo looks very similar to your 35% off promo.

thorphin said:
We're booked with 35% off at a standard room at Poly, which seems like a great deal, so I understand you not wanting to lose it.

In our case (only 2 adults), the 35% is saving us $1300 off the room. Dining Plan costs $900, and with gratuity and snacks, our food cost with the Dining Plan is ~$1200. OOP, though, our food cost is only ~$950. So, for us, the 35% makes the most sense.

With a family of 4 (2 adults/2 kids), the dining plan is $1200, probably putting your food costs around $1600. Your OOP cost might be around $1400. Only you know for sure, based on what you'll eat.

Anyway, NUMBERS. But the point is that you'll probably want to take a close look because you might find that a free dining promo looks very similar to your 35% off promo.

How do you already have the 35% off for September? My dad said that isn't out yet unless you booked today?

How are they getting the code?

Disney sends out PIN codes randomly (at least not any rhyme or reason that the public knows of). All that is required to get one is to register on their site, but not everyone gets one. They are very rare. Some people get them every year (even several times a year) and some go their whole lives without getting one. It is a luck of the draw thing. Some people report getting them after ordering the planning DVD or customized maps, but there are people who do those things and get nothing, too.

If you click on the name of the forum (Disney Discount Codes and Rates), there is a "sticky thread" at the top that discusses the different types of codes. PINs are nontransferable. They are name/home address specific.

Going in mid September as well!

I just called yesterday to book our rooms, and without prompting, the rep told me that it's quite likely that a free dining offer will come out during our timeframe. He said no guarantees, but they've done it for the last few years so he fully expects something will be offered this year too.

Here's hoping!

Yup, same here! I called yesterday to book our 9/8-9/16 vacation, and went ahead and added the dining package (will probably take it off if no FD). But, I didn't ask any questions, or hint at anything, and completley unsolicited, the CM said, "Great choice, sometime in April to May, you'll probably have a significant discount that you can apply to that". I know CMs say different things, but I thought it was interesting he threw that out there without me even asking. :thumbsup2

Yes, you are so right, about figuring out the numbers! Unfortunately, it looks like the 35% off resort only saved us $667, so the FD would definitely be more to us, but I can see how if only 2, the resort discount would be worth more! Oh how I want to stay at Poly-that's my number one place to try! Incidentally, this was the first pin code we've ever received!

Yes, you are so right, about figuring out the numbers! Unfortunately, it looks like the 35% off resort only saved us $667, so the FD would definitely be more to us, but I can see how if only 2, the resort discount would be worth more! Oh how I want to stay at Poly-that's my number one place to try! Incidentally, this was the first pin code we've ever received!

We've wanted to stay at the Poly for years and years, but it was just too expensive (especially with general public discounts at Poly often topping out at 20%. We were itching to go last year but couldn't make it work. This year, we got a PIN in January for 35% off a Deluxe in September (one of the cheapest times), and we knew we couldn't pass it up.

I think we haven't gotten a PIN since 2002, but we were able to go in 2009 and 2010 with some really good general public deals (Buy 3 get 2 free, gift cards).

Hopefully Disney doesn't catch on that every time they send us a PIN, we book a trip. It would get expensive if they sent them too often! :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter