September 12, 2015 - Fantasy eastern cruise

I just booked this cruise today for myself, DH, DD 12, DD 8, and DD 7. We are all first time cruisers! Haven't told the kids yet because I cannot endure the 1000 "When is our cruise?" questions but I will have a very hard time keeping it to myself! Can't wait to learn a lot from this board. Anyone cruised this time before and have an idea about how full it will be? I know you can't tell until the final day but just wondering.

hi all! just booked yesterday and could not be more excited traveling with my husband for our one year anniversary (we honeymooned last setember on the fantasy) so happy to be returning to my favorite ship! :earsboy:we are also bringing along my brother (he is our travel buddy, and we got him hooked this past january on the Dream).

So my DH insisted that we book our reservations for this cruise [for his 30th bday] the first day the prices came out last year...We did it, but there was a lot of eye-rolling involved on my part over how excited he was getting when it was over a year away...now come to this thread to find out that I'm the one who's late to the party! lol
This will not be our first cruise, but the first on DCL.
::MinnieMo

Last edited:

CapnKirky, I see that we are practically neighbors? You're in Raleigh NC? I am in Rock Hill SC. By the way, just wondering from your username, are you a star trek fan or is that just a family name? I love star trek!
No, not a trek fan... It is a "thing" with the family, plus I was a captain in HS and it just kinda stuck. :)

We just booked this cruise today. We were on the Fantasy in March 2014 and originally booked the Fantasy for March 2015. In December we postponed it to March 2016 but found out our Spring Break week was now an onboard booking blackout date. Looking through the school calendar we realized the kids have Monday off and Thursday is a half day so this was good week to cruise. We're on deck 7 aft in the same cabins we were in in 2014! This will be our 3rd time on the Fantasy and and 2nd time doing this itinerary on the Fantasy (but we've done the eastern multiple times).

Just booked our cruise today!!! We will be celebrating my oldest daughters sweet 16☺️ She opted for the cruise over a party! Smart girl!!!! There are seven of us in total, and 7 very excited ppl!!!!!

Unfortunately, posts have been removed from a number of Cruise Meets threads including this one.

PLEASE review the Cruise Meet Policy regarding Cruise Meet and Fish Extender programs. - http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3353477

Links to Cruise Meet discussion/Fish Extenders other than those on the DIS may not be posted or offered by any other means (PM, email, "search" directions, etc.).

Cruise Meet threads are doing just fine still managing meet and FE discussions right here on the DIS as they have since FE began (also here on the DIS).

FE organizers generally need to know how many people (adults/children) are participating in each cabin with child ages for age appropriate gift giving. Other information you would like to share such as names, allergies, favorite characters, etc. is up to you. Other personal information is not really necessary. Those organizing FEs typically ask for the information to be posted in the meet thread or sent to them via PM.

For those posting in this Cruise Meet thread to join a FE, if no one comes forward to organize a FE for this cruise, anyone can organize the FE right in this thread.

DISboards Fish-Extender Basics

Enjoy!

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
Def good at organizing, however this is our first disney cruise, our family def wants to be part of the fe part of the disney cruise experience

This is our first Disney Cruise or any cruise for that matter. I was very excited to find this link on Pinterest. The FE sounds like a blast and we are already having fun planning and looking at everything we can to know what there is to do. Looking forward to all of the information posted here from all of the veteran cruisers.

We've joined this cruise! We'd originally booked a 5 night Bahamas on the Dream but switched to this 7 night. Our second Disney cruise, can't wait! :) We booked room 7656 after loving 7650 on the Dream. Great location, and quiet. :)

I am cptn kirky's DH. We have been on this cruise before. Its really nice. I can't wait for the pirate and princess party. We are going all out for it

Hello Everyone! We'll be sailing with all of you - this will be our 3rd time on the Fantasy but our first time with out little peanut! She'll be 8 months old by the time we go! Any tips or tricks for sailing/packing with a little one?

Also would love to be a part of the FE group as well!

Try for the early dinning seating. When our DD was about 13 months old, we did the early seating seemed to help with bed time

So excited to be on this sailing of the Fantasy! We'll be going with my in-laws who are very experienced Disney cruisers and my parents who will be experiencing the magic of Disney on the sea for the first time.

Hi. My DD and I will be joining you. This will be our 2nd time on this very cruise. We sailed with my, then 9 year old niece, several years ago and it was fun but my daughter and I are looking forward to it being adults only this time. My DD will be turning 24 on our Castaway Cay day. We absolutely want to join the FE group if someone can send the details I would appreciate it.

Hello all! This will be my 2nd cruise on DCL and I'm very excited to go to the Carribean this time around. I've been trying to find any information for FE stuff regarding this cruise and I can't find anything but would love to join. Can anyone PM the info for this cruise? TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter