September '09 PTR ~ A trip full of WONDERful firsts! UPDATED 10/12 TR STARTED!

Disney Day 10

I'm going to be so sad when this day arrives for real. I'm sad posting it! But I have to. This is the day we leave. :guilty:

As always on the last day, we'll go to MK and re-ride our favorites which will most likely include Splash Mountain, BTMRR, Pirates, and Buzz Lightyear. We have a 10-11 hour drive to our stopover in Virginia so we have to leave by noon at the very latest. We'll be staying at a Fairfield that night (far cry from the luxury of WL and BCV!) in Emporia, VA and then it's another 5-6 hour drive home from there.

Then I'll be home, doing laundry. :mad: :headache: And Oct 1st, it's back to work I go.

But my trip hasn't even started yet so I can't think about it now!!!!

12 days to go til I'm in the World, 11 days to go til I start the drive down!​

Last day...so sad.

Good news is.....only 11 days until your vacation starts!!

I'm happy you're going back to the parks on day 10!! Even though it will be sad, at least you'll get to re-ride favorite rides!!

Right now just get super excited for the trip!! I can't believe it's so soon!! I remember when you started planning on the Unicorn thread (may it RIP :laughing:).

Can't wait for the TR!!

Hey Jenny - I can't believe I hadn't noticed your link to your PTR before now. But I have read through and am caught up. Sounds like you are going to have an amazing trip. I'm living vicariously through you until I can go back next June. Be sure to take lots of pics so we can see them when you get back. I'm excited to hear what you think of DCL......I've never been on a cruise and I would love to do a Disney Cruise first, although that NKOTB cruise was VERY tempting. Anyway, just wanted to sub in so I could keep up to date on your trip! Not too much longer now!

Last day...so sad.

Good news is.....only 11 days until your vacation starts!!

10 days now! ;) It's Thursday! One week for you!!

I'm happy you're going back to the parks on day 10!! Even though it will be sad, at least you'll get to re-ride favorite rides!!

Right now just get super excited for the trip!! I can't believe it's so soon!! I remember when you started planning on the Unicorn thread (may it RIP :laughing:).

Can't wait for the TR!!

We always have to go back to MK on our last day. I can't just up and leave.

It seems like so long ago when we chatted on the Unicorn thread. :rotfl: Seriously, what happened to everyone who was on there? You're the only one I still chat with!

Hey Jenny - I can't believe I hadn't noticed your link to your PTR before now. But I have read through and am caught up. Sounds like you are going to have an amazing trip. I'm living vicariously through you until I can go back next June. Be sure to take lots of pics so we can see them when you get back. I'm excited to hear what you think of DCL......I've never been on a cruise and I would love to do a Disney Cruise first, although that NKOTB cruise was VERY tempting. Anyway, just wanted to sub in so I could keep up to date on your trip! Not too much longer now!

Hi Crystal!!! I am SO excited for DCL. I've been on cruises before but I've heard that I will be blown away by DCL. I especially can't wait for Castaway Cay. Keep your fingers crossed for gorgeous weather. I promise to take a crazy amount of pictures. I took 200+ at one NKOTB show so...I think I will do fine in Disney. :rotfl:

BTW, when I read your post, JK guy was right behind me! :lmao: I was trying to contain myself!

10 days now! ;)

BTW, when I read your post, JK guy was right behind me! :lmao: I was trying to contain myself!

That is too funny :rotfl::rotfl: Quick turn around and snap a pic!!!!!

I have audit coming up at the end of the month and last year when they were here I was looking at this one guy thinking who in the heck does he look like, and I just realized the other day when I was thinking about them coming back that he is a shorter version of Jon!!! So I get to have him in my office for a whole week.......:banana::banana:

I know you're gonna have a blast on your trip and I can't wait to hear all about it.

That is too funny :rotfl::rotfl: Quick turn around and snap a pic!!!!!

I have audit coming up at the end of the month and last year when they were here I was looking at this one guy thinking who in the heck does he look like, and I just realized the other day when I was thinking about them coming back that he is a shorter version of Jon!!! So I get to have him in my office for a whole week.......:banana::banana:

I know you're gonna have a blast on your trip and I can't wait to hear all about it.

:rotfl: He probably already thinks I'm crazy, that wouldn't help. We catch each other looking all. the. time. But we don't talk to each other. :lmao: The most we've ever said is 'Hey...Hi' in passing! He makes me nervous!!!!

Send the audit guy over here, you come visit, and we'll ogle the Knight brother knock-offs together!

So I'm currently sitting at my desk at work right now, until 3 pm. When I go home, I have to do laundry and pack. Then tomorrow morning, bright and early, I have an 8 am flight to....ORLANDO! Universal Orlando! I can't believe it. I'm going to be in Florida tomorrow. :yay: It hasn't quite hit me yet. It's going to be so much fun. I'm going with two other girls from my office and we'll be staying in the Hard Rock Hotel. Our itinerary looks great and I can't wait to go on Hollywood: Rip, Ride, and Rock It! I can't decide what song I want to pick! :rotfl:

And after my "work" trip to Universal....DISNEY WORLD next Sunday! :banana:

As I type this, you're about an hour and a half away from me "working" (aka playing!!!) at Universal!!!!!!! I cannot wait to hear about it!

Have a great time!

Hi everyone.

Well, I'm back from Universal. I had a great time and I will go into more detail about it later.

I got some sad news while I was away. Almost as soon as I arrived, I got a phone call from my sister. She sounded odd and I knew something was up. Turns out my cousin, who's only 28, was found unconscious Sunday morning. She was taken to the hospital and was in a coma. She remained in a coma until Wednesday morning when sadly, she passed. As soon as I got off the plane last night, I went straight to my aunt's house. I helped my other cousin (her brother) who is also around my age pick out pictures to put at her wake and helped make a DVD to play as well.

It's just so sudden and sad. She has a six year old daughter and I haven't seen her yet. She must be devastated.

I've re-worked my Disney trip a bit because I wanted to be at the funeral (which is on Saturday) so driving no longer applies. Joe and I booked a late afternoon flight on Sunday; we'll get into FL around 5:15. We booked a late flight out (9/29) which departs around 9:30. I contacted Disney and added ME and the cruise transfers as well.

Apart from that, I did manage to have a good time at Universal. Of course that was always in the back of my mind and I was checking in with my family whenever I got the chance, but it kept me busy enough to keep my mind off of things.

I'll update more about it possibly tomorrow but if not, definitely after my trip to Disney. I didn't really take many pictures (sorry!) but I have plenty of details!

sorry to hear about your cousin jenny, hope you're all ok :hug:

Jenny, I am so so sorry about your cousin. I'm so happy you'll be able to attend the funeral. Please keep us updated. We're here for you!

Hey girl!:goodvibes Glad to hear you had a safe trip home from Universal! I am SO sorry to hear about your cousin:grouphug: That is scary.. i'm almost 24.. she was only 4 yrs older than myself.. But hey we are all here for you :hug:

Glad you could rework your transportation..I think you'll LOVE that your flying now .. getting to Disney in 2 hours!! haha.. I HATE flying w/ a passion..and honestly LOVE to drive I-95..

We were driving next month when we were suppose to go on our trip but sadly, and I mean I can barely think about it:sad1: we had to post-pone our trip to 2010 because of the economy.. we weren't going to have enough money to pay the rest of our trip off we were very close only couple 100 dollars away.. BUT then we had to worry about gas money/food money on the way down/money for tips and of course a little spending/emergency $ for Disney... so it looks like were aiming for Sept/Oct 2010 .. its definitley going to happen then.. but it sucks cuz we have to wait almost another WHOLE year .. and we planned this original trip in October-ish 2008.. this was a long awaited trip.. our 3 year anniversary and my 24th bday too.. we were going to celebrate it down there.. but its all good we have each other thats all that matters...

TTYS girl and if not before Disney have a SAFE and GREAT vacation !! cant wait to hear/read and see all the pics!:yay:

sorry to hear about your cousin jenny, hope you're all ok :hug:

Jenny, I am so so sorry about your cousin. I'm so happy you'll be able to attend the funeral. Please keep us updated. We're here for you!

Hey girl!:goodvibes Glad to hear you had a safe trip home from Universal! I am SO sorry to hear about your cousin:grouphug: That is scary.. i'm almost 24.. she was only 4 yrs older than myself.. But hey we are all here for you :hug:

Glad you could rework your transportation..I think you'll LOVE that your flying now .. getting to Disney in 2 hours!! haha.. I HATE flying w/ a passion..and honestly LOVE to drive I-95..

We were driving next month when we were suppose to go on our trip but sadly, and I mean I can barely think about it:sad1: we had to post-pone our trip to 2010 because of the economy.. we weren't going to have enough money to pay the rest of our trip off we were very close only couple 100 dollars away.. BUT then we had to worry about gas money/food money on the way down/money for tips and of course a little spending/emergency $ for Disney... so it looks like were aiming for Sept/Oct 2010 .. its definitley going to happen then.. but it sucks cuz we have to wait almost another WHOLE year .. and we planned this original trip in October-ish 2008.. this was a long awaited trip.. our 3 year anniversary and my 24th bday too.. we were going to celebrate it down there.. but its all good we have each other thats all that matters...

TTYS girl and if not before Disney have a SAFE and GREAT vacation !! cant wait to hear/read and see all the pics!:yay:

Thank you all, I really appreciate it. :hug:

Sorry that you had to cancel your trip. I know how much you were looking forward to it. Is there anyway you could book it earlier in 2010 or do you really have your heart set on that time of year? At least you can put most of the money you had saved for this trip toward the next one so you don't have to worry so much about paying it off.

I'll be on here for a little bit today while I'm at work. I'm working a half day today and then going to the wake. I'll try to do a quick post before I leave on Sunday.

Hey Jenny! I'm so sorry about your cousin. :hug: I'll pray for her family and her little girl. That has to be so tough. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your plans to switch to flying. It's important that you're there for your family! And hopefully you'll be able to come to Disney World and just take a break and relax :goodvibes I know it's probably been a horribly long week for you, but I'm sure it will get better :hug:

Hey Jenny! I'm so sorry about your cousin. :hug: I'll pray for her family and her little girl. That has to be so tough. I'm sure you'll be very pleased with your plans to switch to flying. It's important that you're there for your family! And hopefully you'll be able to come to Disney World and just take a break and relax :goodvibes I know it's probably been a horribly long week for you, but I'm sure it will get better :hug:

Thank you. It's going to be a tough weekend.

On top of everything else, I think I'm starting to come down with a cold. Boo!

Hey Jenny.. I too feel like a cold..BUT I have bad allergies..so I think its that more than the cold.
I was fine since Spring.. all Summer.. but all of a sudden..its Fall and allergies are back.. I'm so excited for Winter!! haha
Hope you are having a good day at work.. I know tonight will be rough.. take it easy!:hug: :flower3:

As for our trip-I'd SO rather go in early 2010 haha.. but my DBF said he loves that time of year and we HOPE to get free dining again! Also he says the crowds and weather is better! We went to Disney last July 08' , we had a BLAST, but he said the temp. and crowds were rough!!
For me: I've worked and lived there during those HOTTEST months, and I've pretty much been to Disney every month at some point, so nothing bothers me haha..
Also he said we could save extra money to stay at the Poly.. of course huge upgrade from PoP ! We will love that, again at this point doesnt matter which resort we are at.. as long as its a Disney Resort LOL!!!

Well, tomorrow around this time, I will have just arrived in Orlando. I have a load of laundry drying right now and then I'm going to start packing. My head and heart aren't really into it right now but I know I'll feel a LOT better once I get on the Magical Express and it hits me that I'm going to be spending the next week and a half in Walt Disney World.

If any of you are on twitter, I'm going to be tweeting some pictures from the parks/hotel/ship. So follow me if you'd like to live vicariously through me. :) My Twitter name is also Jenny105.

Talk to you all when I'm back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter