Sept-Dec Room Discounts ~ Information Here

I called right at 7. Got the tech issues then the hold music and waited about 25 minutes. We were booked for 1 night at the Poly- standard room Oct 1st and she was able to discount the room about $140. Thanks for everyones help!

Yeah, according to the website POFQ is INCLUDED in the 20% but not POR, it's only 5%. This is flipped from every other RO discount for the past 1-2 years. So I'm thinking it's a mistake. But I booked online anyway. I booked POFQ online for $140 less than my AAA rate. I'm keeping my aaa reservation for a while to make sure they don't correct it or try not to honor my new ressie/rate.

Wait, so POR IS SHOWING a discount? Even 5%, that's still a discount and means it's not necessarily excluded. You're right, it is odd that they are reversed, but I wonder why they don't list POR on their site?

Sister just got through...no FD available at POR so went for room only at AoA suite for 6 nights and came out to a $70 savings?! On hold for a supervisor now....geese...that can't be right? Nice Disney:(

I checked the price online and the savings at a Value was only $103 for my package...now, I was booked before the dining increase and the ticket increase so it may be more once I talk to someone. 15% is better than nothing, but overall it is not going to be a significant savings.

Got through at 7 but with a 5 night stay in a value and having to pay the increased ticket prices (and did the dinning plan go up to?) only saved about $20....

I'm still on hold 28 minutes so far, sorta disappointed for only 20% discount doing my math I will only save around $200 on our trip at CBR
looks like everyone else is saving a lot of money!

I'm in the exact same boat. :(. It's better than nothing and the silly waiting/guessing game will be over soon (if my call ever gets answered!).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Finally got through. Changing from POR Preferred to POR Gardenview was my only option for Oct 5-12. Savings of less than $60. CM was super nice and advised against changing from the preferred. Kind of bummed, but glad I tired. Good luck to everyone else!

Argh, on hold for 39 minutes. Have to hang up and take the kids to the dentist. :mad:

Got through but didn't get a RO discount, because we've got the FL resident package and it seems we would be paying more to change our ressy. Apparently, FL residents save too much on the discounted tickets as it is, so no RO discount for us.

Ahh well, it was worth a try...:sad2:

I checked the price online and the savings at a Value was only $103 for my package...now, I was booked before the dining increase and the ticket increase so it may be more once I talk to someone. 15% is better than nothing, but overall it is not going to be a significant savings.

Same here. The cm said it was $100 in savings, but that was after she increase my original reservation to reflect the ticket and dining increase. We saved $20 from my original reservation.

Wait, so POR IS SHOWING a discount? Even 5%, that's still a discount and means it's not necessarily excluded. You're right, it is odd that they are reversed, but I wonder why they don't list POR on their site?

Yes, if you look at the US site....it says this: (black562 since your international can you see the US site?)

Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels 20%
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

I also booked POFQ online and I tripled checked it...I got 20%. I think someone messed up...but I hope it works in my favor.

So if you booked before ticket prices increased, do you maintain the original price when adding the RO discount??

Same here. The cm said it was $100 in savings, but that was after she increase my original reservation to reflect the ticket and dining increase. We saved $20 from my original reservation.

Ugh! I thought that if you were booked before the increase then you were locked in at the old prices. This 48 minutes on hold will not be worth $20. :sad2:

We currently have Free Dining for 2 adults Nov 16-22 for $3150 WL courtyard view. For 30% discount it totals $2469, savings of $681, which averages out to about $113 daily for 6 days of food.

I think I will stick with the Free Dining that I currently have, for two people, that $113 will be used daily on just one sit down meal.

Good luck to everyone else !!! FUN !!!!!

Still waiting to hear back from travel agent... but if I booked a package in February and apply the RO discount now, will I have to pay the increased ticket prices? Without the increased ticket prices (I'm hoping they don't go up!!), I'll only save about $72 at POP. Thought about upgrading to a moderate, but it'll still be $220 MORE. Waiting for a call from my TA... :confused3

Yes, very small discount on a very limited number of room category. Wonder if it isn't included in the listing because the discount is less

Yep she just got off the phone...supervisor said she didn't understand why it's so low too...but a whooping savings of $70.33 for six nights in a AoA suite. She canceled and is going off site:(

Yes, if you look at the US site....it says this: (black562 since your international can you see the US site?)

Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels 20%
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort

I also booked POFQ online and I tripled checked it...I got 20%. I think someone messed up...but I hope it works in my favor.

Yes I'm in the US, but Riverside isn't listed, but someone said it's actually 5% off. That's important for some folks...a discount is a discount and means the resort was indeed not excluded..just reduced.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter