Sept-Dec Room Discounts ~ Information Here

black562

DIS Veteran
Ok guys, here's some info.

The Room Only Discounts will run from September 29th until December 23rd, with blackouts during Thanksgiving week (Nov 23-29).

This could be available for booking August 1, with Visa holders possibly getting in on July 29.

The Discounts vary depending on resort, and should be along the lines of the following (note: these are fluid and can fluctuate slightly after release):

Value Resorts = up to 15%
Moderate Resorts = up to 20%
Deluxe Resorts and Deluxe Villa Resorts = up to 3o%

These percentages can vary by room type and availability. For example, Resorts such as French Quarter and Art of Animation are likely be less. It's just too detailed to list each specific at this time, as even rooms in the same resort can have different discounts. So the percentages above should be read as a maximum percentage off, since some room types are lower.

As usual, some rooms, such as Little Mermaid rooms and Campsites, are excluded.

A word of thanks as well to Dave at **************. He and I have had continued discussions on this topic for some time and shared much insight on the Free Dining and Room Discount promotions both in September and beyond.

Do you mean that's the only time that's blacked out? Thanksgiving week? The bounceback offer had Dec 5-14th blacked out. Lots of folks will be happy if they can get at least get a room only discount.

Do you mean that's the only time that's blacked out? Thanksgiving week? The bounceback offer had Dec 5-14th blacked out. Lots of folks will be happy if they can get at least get a room only discount.

That's the way it looks...

So when you say "Thanksgiving Week" what is a week to Disney? Sun-Sat? Sat-Sun? Mon-Sun?

The Room Only Discounts will run from September 29th until December 23rd, with blackouts during Thanksgiving week.

This could be available for booking August 1, with Visa holders getting in on July 29.

The Discounts vary depending on resort, and should be along the lines of the following (note: these are fluid and can fluctuate slightly after release):

5% off - All-Star Movies, Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view and Club Level, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas, Bay Lake Tower, Contemporary theme park view & Club Level, Port Orleans-French Quarter

15% off - Art of Animation suites

20% off All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Contemporary (certain rooms), Grand Floridian, Pop Century, Polynesian

25% off - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans-Riverside

30% off Animal Kingdom Lodge standard rooms, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Inn, BoardWalk Villas, Contemporary (certain rooms), Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, Yacht Club

A word of thanks as well to Dave at **************. He and I have had continued discussions on this topic for some time and shared much insight on the Free Dining and Room Discount promotions both in September and beyond.

Just saw your PM. Looks pretty good for those that will be missing out on FD. Every little bit helps!

Good luck, everyone! And a big thanks to Joe and Dave for sharing their insight! :goodvibes

Thank you so much for sharing!!! Just updated all my spreadsheets with the possible numbers.

The Room Only Discounts will run from September 29th until December 23rd, with blackouts during Thanksgiving week.

This could be available for booking August 1, with Visa holders getting in on July 29.

5% off - All-Star Movies, Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view and Club Level, Animal Kingdom Lodge Villas, Bay Lake Tower, Contemporary theme park view & Club Level, Port Orleans-French Quarter

20% off All-Star Music, All-Star Sports, Contemporary (certain rooms), Grand Floridian, Pop Century, Polynesian

25% off - Ft. Wilderness Cabins, Caribbean Beach, Coronado Springs, Port Orleans-Riverside

30% off Animal Kingdom Lodge standard rooms, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas, BoardWalk Inn, BoardWalk Villas, Contemporary (certain rooms), Old Key West, Wilderness Lodge, Villas at Wilderness Lodge, Saratoga Springs, Yacht Club

Sweet!!!! Thanks

Joe, I noticed the RO dsct for AKL CL was 5%. Did they say anything in particular about CL at BC? Thanks

I have a question. I booked my package before the ticket increase. If i add the RO discount I don't have to pay the new ticket prices right? I would only have to pay the increased ticket prices if I were applying free dining? Also as long as it is more than 45 days before my trip I am good right? Sorry for so many newbie questions. Only our second trip and first with any kind of discount.

The discount with blackout dates the week of Tday only are great in theory, but when looking at WDW online, many of the hotels I'm interested in suddenly have no standard rooms available during the first week of Oct. Just a few days ago, standard rooms at the Poly, BWI, YC, and BC were available, but now they're not...should I call disney reservations on Aug 1, and can I expect lower priced rooms to be available there?

Thanks for the info :). This is good news as we are staying 2 nights prior to a cruise (12/17-12/19) and 2 nights after (12/22-12/24) and while I was hoping for a discount for the first 2 nights, I wasn't counting on anything for the 22nd & 23rd, so this just made my day ::yes::.

This is great news! Fingers crossed I can get something for 1st week of December at Beach Club. I'll assume this is like Free Dining and there will be rooms set aside for the discounts - so even if there is no availability now there will be rooms released for the discounts..or am I wrong?

Thanks, Black! Sounds like the RO will be pretty good for Pop! Do you expect an AP discount to come out later that would be any better? Of course, I'll take what I can get! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter