Sep. 7, 2015 on the Dream

Those staying in concierge need to be aware of happy hours in the lounge. We had a concierge afternoon soiree on our Nassau day, from 4:00-5:00 on the concierge sundeck. This was followed by daily concierge cocktail receptions from 5:00-5:45 & 7:30-8:15. The special concierge meet and greet with a character was from 4:30-4:45 on the concierge sundeck on our Castaway Cay day. Just some head's up for planning.

Ok You Drink ology cruiser's that are signed up for both classes. Here's the scoop from DCL we can schedule the liquor and chocolate on a different day but the latest we can have it is 4:00pm. I think that would interferer with Nassau and Castaway Cay days. Other option is on sea day at 4:00pm we should have little more than an hour in between classes. Let me know what you want to do.
Do you happen to know what our all aboard time is for either of those days, or is there a way to find out? I know it varies from cruise to cruise. If it was close to that time anyway, it wouldn't be a big deal to already be on board, I wouldn't think.

Is the first night an option? Probably not, huh?

I'll let you make the command decision, since you are going to all the trouble to schedule it. I do have to say, interfering with our port visits is worse than drinking too much in one afternoon. For me, anyway.

Those staying in concierge need to be aware of happy hours in the lounge. We had a concierge afternoon soiree on our Nassau day, from 4:00-5:00 on the concierge sundeck. This was followed by daily concierge cocktail receptions from 5:00-5:45 & 7:30-8:15. The special concierge meet and greet with a character was from 4:30-4:45 on the concierge sundeck on our Castaway Cay day. Just some head's up for planning.
Good to know. We may want to participate in those activities. The cruise just needs to be longer!

Alright, friends. If you read the post I made on the main forum, particularly the last comment, I think it would be fine to have the two classes back to back.

I think we have to be on board at 4:30 both days. We'll see what Misty and Amy says. Maybe we can drag our feet getting to the second one. You know we could possible just meet at one of the clubs one night and have our own drinkology.

I haven't heard anything lately. The last I heard was meeting after the sail away party location TBA.

On our past cruise in October, we had an Ice Cream Social (meet N greet ) at the Eye Scream section on the pool deck. Anyone who went brought some kind of topping for the ice cream (m&m's, sprinkles etc...) It was before the sail away party. This is just a thought that could be fun.

On our past cruise in October, we had an Ice Cream Social (meet N greet ) at the Eye Scream section on the pool deck. Anyone who went brought some kind of topping for the ice cream (m&m's, sprinkles etc...) It was before the sail away party. This is just a thought that could be fun.

That sounds like such a cool idea. To be honest, I had no clue where to meet because we have never cruised before.

That sounds like such a cool idea. To be honest, I had no clue where to meet because we have never cruised before.

"Eye Scream" is the ice cream place where they serve the soft ice creams. Normally chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, banana and sometimes twist. It was a nice area with tables where everyone gathered. The person who set it up brought along name tags for everyone. Kids and Adults had fun over ice cream. They called it "Ice Cream Social"

"Eye Scream" is the ice cream place where they serve the soft ice creams. Normally chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, banana and sometimes twist. It was a nice area with tables where everyone gathered. The person who set it up brought along name tags for everyone. Kids and Adults had fun over ice cream. They called it "Ice Cream Social"
Mmmmmm...banana ice cream. :banana:

We may have to consider that. It sounds like a great idea. :mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar:mickeybar

Ok. I am going to be real here. I LOVE food. I have already checked out the menus for all of the restaurants on board, and I have a question for those of you that have cruised Disney before. I know the menu for Pirate night is different from what the restaurants normally have on their menu. Will we be eating at each of the 3 restaurants with their regular menu, then doing the pirate menu at the restaurant that we have twice in our rotation? I really want to experience all 3 as is...:confused3

Ok. I am going to be real here. I LOVE food. I have already checked out the menus for all of the restaurants on board, and I have a question for those of you that have cruised Disney before. I know the menu for Pirate night is different from what the restaurants normally have on their menu. Will we be eating at each of the 3 restaurants with their regular menu, then doing the pirate menu at the restaurant that we have twice in our rotation? I really want to experience all 3 as is...:confused3
That is my understanding!!!!

Sounds right.

Yes, unless you are dining at Palo or Remy.

Your dining rotation example would be.... RAAE Means first night you are in Royale Palace, Second night Animators Palate(regular menu), Third night Animators Palate (Pirate menu), Last night Enchanted Garden. The last restaurant is also where you have breakfast. So if you are 1st seating for dinner, your breakfast time is 6:30am, if you 2nd seating for dinner, your breakfast time is 8:30am, you would than go to the Enchanted Garden for breakfast in this example. There is always the buffet, but your servers will ask you to come back for final goodbyes :tongue:. Also if you found a favorite item for example in the Royale Palace and really wanted it and you were in the Enchanted Garden, you can ask your server for that item. So really you can order off any of the 3 menus or better yet, they can make you something special if you ask them. Ex. I had scallops every night with dinner, I was in heaven. Aslo, on Pirate Night after the deck party is an awesome buffet. For those who love turkey legs, they will be on the buffet.

I'm with you-I love food as well :)

Now I've got to put this out there because I'm curious... is anyone planning to dine at Palo or Remy? We were considering it but to be totally truthful I'm a little put off by this recent price increase so that seems to have made the decision for us. Yes, it is only $5 (for Palo that is a 20% increase!) but it is the principle of the thing. Just curious if anyone feels the same or if I should to let it go and book a brunch anyway...

Your dining rotation example would be.... RAAE Means first night you are in Royale Palace, Second night Animators Palate(regular menu), Third night Animators Palate (Pirate menu), Last night Enchanted Garden. The last restaurant is also where you have breakfast. So if you are 1st seating for dinner, your breakfast time is 6:30am, if you 2nd seating for dinner, your breakfast time is 8:30am, you would than go to the Enchanted Garden for breakfast in this example. There is always the buffet, but your servers will ask you to come back for final goodbyes :tongue:. Also if you found a favorite item for example in the Royale Palace and really wanted it and you were in the Enchanted Garden, you can ask your server for that item. So really you can order off any of the 3 menus or better yet, they can make you something special if you ask them. Ex. I had scallops every night with dinner, I was in heaven. Aslo, on Pirate Night after the deck party is an awesome buffet. For those who love turkey legs, they will be on the buffet.

Thanks for such a great explanation.......I am so glad to hear it! I finished watching the Disney Dream food thing yesterday, and I reeeaaaallly want to try that Grand Marnier souffle at Royale Palace. I was thinking since I want it so bad, I would end up in that restaurant on Pirate night and miss out!! :sad::sad:
Oh, and scallops with dinner every night DOES sound like heaven!!!

Last edited:

Now I've got to put this out there because I'm curious... is anyone planning to dine at Palo or Remy? We were considering it but to be totally truthful I'm a little put off by this recent price increase so that seems to have made the decision for us. Yes, it is only $5 (for Palo that is a 20% increase!) but it is the principle of the thing. Just curious if anyone feels the same or if I should to let it go and book a brunch anyway...

The hubby and I are choosing to skip Remy and Palo on this trip. I want to try all of the regular restaurants, and there is no way I am missing pirate night! pirate:
We plan on doing an onboard booking for a 7 night cruise when we sail, and I plan on us getting to both the next time around. :sail:

Yes I feel the same way but in a month will we really care? Its like them raising ticket prices to go to WDW yes we may grumble about it but then we go and have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter