Sep. 7, 2015 on the Dream

I am finally ready to book another cruise! This will be a mother daughter cruise. We are going in September, for a 3 day on the Dream. Each of the kids will have a one on one weekend trip with one parent for their birthday this year. Kelsey is first because her birthday is in August. The boys are both in March (this will be for next March, not this March, so we can save up for the trips). I chose (of course!) a Disney cruise and she won't know about it until her birthday. We are sailing on Sept 9th and I'm so excited to get back on that ship! We are booking the cheapest inside stateroom I can get, because it's just the two of us.

I am finally ready to book another cruise! This will be a mother daughter cruise. We are going in September, for a 3 day on the Dream. Each of the kids will have a one on one weekend trip with one parent for their birthday this year. Kelsey is first because her birthday is in August. The boys are both in March (this will be for next March, not this March, so we can save up for the trips). I chose (of course!) a Disney cruise and she won't know about it until her birthday. We are sailing on Sept 9th and I'm so excited to get back on that ship! We are booking the cheapest inside stateroom I can get, because it's just the two of us.
I'm so torn about which cruise I want to take! New job=better pay but not as much time off banked yet! I've been looking at a B2B with a 4 day then 3 day in September...Or a 7 day... to many decisions!!!! Is it sad that I don't want to join another FE group?!?! I think our group really spoiled me :( I miss everyone!!! Hope all is going well!

Hey everyone!! I haven't been on here forever!! I miss you all :grouphug:

Sounds like a fun mother daughter trip Cindy!! I would love to do that with each of the kids separately!! Melissa I guess you'd have to look at the difference in cost for the two options. I would want the 7 day because it is actually of the 2 or 3 full sea days. I also really want to see St. Thomas and Tortola (we are doing the eastern caribbean). I think the only plus to the B2B is two days at CC.

We are booked November 19th on the Fantasy. It's the Thanksgiving cruise this year! In the mean time I have 2 trips to the world to hold me over. First, February with my girlfriends (only 35 days :jumping1:) and then June with the kids. Terry and I are talking about doing the Eastbound Transatlantic or the Westbound Panama Canal without the kids. I would love to do it in 2017, but that is a little too soon after our Thanksgiving cruise. It will probably end up being 2018.

Hope everyone is doing well and having a great start to this new year!!

Where do you guys like to stay on site? I have only stayed at Universal's south pacific, the Swan, and offsite. For my Sept cruise with Kelsey, I'm thinking of staying one night on site just for the pools and the transportation. I read that POR is a good one for the pools and transportation to Disney Springs. I can get magical express free from the airport, right? Then I would pay to go to the port, and from the port back to the airport? It sounds more simple that way, than trying to figure out how to get to a port hotel, and then to the port, since it's just the two of us.

Where do you guys like to stay on site? I have only stayed at Universal's south pacific, the Swan, and offsite. For my Sept cruise with Kelsey, I'm thinking of staying one night on site just for the pools and the transportation. I read that POR is a good one for the pools and transportation to Disney Springs. I can get magical express free from the airport, right? Then I would pay to go to the port, and from the port back to the airport? It sounds more simple that way, than trying to figure out how to get to a port hotel, and then to the port, since it's just the two of us.

Yes, you can book the bus that way. CBR pool is very cool as are the ones at the Poly and Coronado Springs (heck, most Disney pools are pretty cool!) and we LOVE POR! As far as transportation to Disney Springs, Pop is great - big resort but they have their own route so no sharing with other stops (hate when the lights come on on the bus and it's not your stop just as you are nodding off :crazy2:) (POR shares with POFQ and the 3 All-Stars share buses).

POR doesn't always share the buses with other resorts. It depends on how busy things are. To be honest, for one night with just you two I would go to AoA and get a Little Mermaid room. You would have a hay day there with your camera. There are great pools, the quick service is great there, and it's a really neat resort. When we stayed there we requested the building closest to the bus stop in the little mermaid section and we got it.

POR doesn't always share the buses with other resorts. It depends on how busy things are. To be honest, for one night with just you two I would go to AoA and get a Little Mermaid room. You would have a hay day there with your camera. There are great pools, the quick service is great there, and it's a really neat resort. When we stayed there we requested the building closest to the bus stop in the little mermaid section and we got it.
Thanks Amanda! I just booked it. All I need to do now is book airfare next month. We found a direct flight so I'm excited about that. This trip should be super simple with all these little details taken care of, especially transportation.

So.... we are officially booked for Sept 12-16 on the Dream... I found our FE group but they are SOOOO boring and do not stand up to my expectations... I find myself wanting to be a hermit and not joining their activities just because they aren't y'all! Fingers crossed things change

Oh my gosh! I am on the one right before you- the 3 day from the 9th-12th. It's a mother-daughter and I don't want her out of school for a whole week again. My cruise group is dead too. I just don't get it! No other group is like ours! We so need to do a reunion cruise!

Yay! Looks like you have a bigger group going this time!!

We keep bouncing back and forth, lol! We can't decide what to do. Terry wants to cruise, Caleb wants just parks, and Carly and I like both. We have changed our minds about 10 times so far, lol! As of right now we are planning to do another 4 day on the Dream June 5, 2017. The kids and I will spend the week before that in the parks, and Terry will join us the for the weekend before we sail. Afterwards, we will either go back to the parks, do Universal or head home.

Caleb was bored the last cruise. He did not like the kids club, and I really had to occupy him. I wish I could afford to take a friend with him, but that's not going to happen. He is also not thrilled about being unable to talk to his girlfriend for that long, smh :) Next time they will both be in Vibe, so I hope he likes it a little more. We will see. If he doesn't like this one, I will leave him home next time, lol!

Oh my gosh! I am on the one right before you- the 3 day from the 9th-12th. It's a mother-daughter and I don't want her out of school for a whole week again. My cruise group is dead too. I just don't get it! No other group is like ours! We so need to do a reunion cruise!

Cindy, your signature says Fantasy June 2017. Are you thinking of doing that? That is still our second option. Fantasy June 3, 2017. The kids and I would be at the parks the week before that :) See, It's only been 1 minute and I am already thinking, lol!!

We will just barely miss you!!!! I can't wait to share the excitement with my mom and 2 nieces this go-around!!! :)

Cindy, your signature says Fantasy June 2017. Are you thinking of doing that? That is still our second option. Fantasy June 3, 2017. The kids and I would be at the parks the week before that :) See, It's only been 1 minute and I am already thinking, lol!!
I am thinking about it, amongst other sailings. I want to do all the cruises lol! I really want to do a 7 day.

Well, I canceled our Sept cruise. For a 3 day cruise for just me and my daughter, I found I was able to book an entire week stay in a beautiful 2 bedroom condo, for all 5 of us, in the summer (no missed school), on the beach including food and gas to drive there. It was really eye opening. I really want that family trip for this summer, so goodbye cruise. I think we'll try for 2017 but for now, my savings needs to go toward this summer trip. I'm fine with it, and really excited about a week on the beach!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter