Sep. 7, 2015 on the Dream

I have had a super crazy past couple of weeks, and I have been gone.....wow, I have missed a lot on here! Let me catch up....:badpc:

Most importantly, the FE is not mandatory. The intention is for it to be FUN!! If it is stressing you out or is becoming more of a hassle, feel free to have your name removed from the list. Everyone wants to have a good time on the cruise....that won't happen for you if you jump in over your head!:sad2:
The board itself is set up for connecting with others on the cruise, coordinating meet-ups, and organizing the FE. We still want everyone to be involved with chats and meet-ups, whether you are involved in the FE or not. I do prefer that you ask for removal from the list BEFORE the list finalization dates. PLEASE! It appears that several people are making handmade, personalized gifts and it isn't fair for them to put in all that hard work after they think the list is finalized. You still have a few months to decide if the FE is right for you and your family. I will not remove anyone until you tell me for sure that you have decided not to participate.

Next, I got all the ADR's we wanted as well! I am so excited! 'Ohana was our "must book" due to some of our friends reviews. We are going our first night. I also wanted BOG for lunch, Chef Mickey's, Princess dinner @ 1900 Park Faire, Hollywood and Vine, and Boma.:woohoo:

Last thing, I will get the room updates for those that have changed on the list today!:dancer:

I loved 1900 dinner character experience!! One of the best memories we have of all trips. Food was meh, but the characters were worth it :)

I have had a super crazy past couple of weeks, and I have been gone.....wow, I have missed a lot on here! Let me catch up....:badpc:

Most importantly, the FE is not mandatory. The intention is for it to be FUN!! If it is stressing you out or is becoming more of a hassle, feel free to have your name removed from the list. Everyone wants to have a good time on the cruise....that won't happen for you if you jump in over your head!:sad2:
The board itself is set up for connecting with others on the cruise, coordinating meet-ups, and organizing the FE. We still want everyone to be involved with chats and meet-ups, whether you are involved in the FE or not. I do prefer that you ask for removal from the list BEFORE the list finalization dates. PLEASE! It appears that several people are making handmade, personalized gifts and it isn't fair for them to put in all that hard work after they think the list is finalized. You still have a few months to decide if the FE is right for you and your family. I will not remove anyone until you tell me for sure that you have decided not to participate.

Next, I got all the ADR's we wanted as well! I am so excited! 'Ohana was our "must book" due to some of our friends reviews. We are going our first night. I also wanted BOG for lunch, Chef Mickey's, Princess dinner @ 1900 Park Faire, Hollywood and Vine, and Boma.:woohoo:

Last thing, I will get the room updates for those that have changed on the list today!:dancer:

Hay I hope you stop by and chat sooner next time. :chat::woohoo::wave2:

All this talk of ressies and I feel left out lol. Are we the only ones not doing Disney pre/post cruise? Disney is pretty much all we've done in Florida, so this time it is between DC/Sea World and Universal. Still not decided enough to try to book anything. Though hubby does have hotels booked pre and post, just not on site anywhere. We are using Hilton points (he travels a lot for work).

Tomorrow is 180 days according to my ticker!

Took dd to the ortho this morning for her once every 6 months checkup on her retainer. Afterwards when we went to schedule her 6 month visit, they said, how about the second week of September? I was like, NOPE! She looked at me funny and I told her we would be on a CRUISE! Woo hoo!

All this talk of ressies and I feel left out lol. Are we the only ones not doing Disney pre/post cruise? Disney is pretty much all we've done in Florida, so this time it is between DC/Sea World and Universal. Still not decided enough to try to book anything. Though hubby does have hotels booked pre and post, just not on site anywhere. We are using Hilton points (he travels a lot for work).

Took dd to the ortho this morning for her once every 6 months checkup on her retainer. Afterwards when we went to schedule her 6 month visit, they said, how about the second week of September? I was like, NOPE! She looked at me funny and I told her we would be on a CRUISE! Woo hoo!

We aren't doing Disney pre/post. We may factor that in next year!!!

How cool to be able to say that. :thumbsup2 We're still debating about what we want to do before the cruise we're staying on property but the kids kinda want to go to universal it would be just the 4 of us if anything the wife and stepson doesn't want to do anything.

We were last on a cruise in 2013 and we did Universal post-cruise then. This time we are doing Disney pre-cruise and Universal post - just for a day though, we fly home on the Saturday.

I have never booked through the Disney web site before until this year and it's very slick. I'm looking forward to our Disney immersion....but any vacation both Disney and non in Orlando will be fun!

Also, you can eat at any of the Disney Resorts without being a guest at one so if you did want to do that and have a car, why not?

Happy planning!

We will be doing Tusker House at 8 am on the 5th and closing MK down that evening when we are done with AK and eating at the castle :)

I'm with those sitting at the finish line of the 5K, rooting on the runners!

No pre/post Disney for us!

Happy for all of you getting the reservations you wanted!

We will be doing Tusker House at 8 am on the 5th and closing MK down that evening when we are done with AK and eating at the castle :)

We will be closing the park down with you that night! PM EMH are our favorite!!! Jan 2014 the kids and I got on Splash at 12:55am. It was 29 degrees out that night, BRRRRR!! I have always wanted to do an early breakfast pre park opening, but I am just not a morning person, and neither are the kiddos. We are lucky to make it to the parks by noon :)

We are doing pre and post cruise, to make the most of our flight down. We are DVC so it's easy to just add a couple nights without killing the budget. Also the kids and I will have AP.

Even if you aren't going into the parks, but staying on property you could do a resort tour. The monorail resorts are fun to do. Have dinner at one of them, watch the water parade, and watch wishes from outside of the park. The TTC has some beautiful views. I've always wanted to be on the ferry during Wishes.

:yay:We will be closing down MK on the 5th, also! My daughter saw a commercial about being there after hours and is BEYOND excited. We had to pick that day so we could be there until Midnight!!

:yay:We will be closing down MK on the 5th, also! My daughter saw a commercial about being there after hours and is BEYOND excited. We had to pick that day so we could be there until Midnight!!

That's the same day we might be there because of the extra hours. I think the Sept 7 cruise is going to take over Magic Kingdom that night. LOL

So plans have changed... WE will be going to Disney the day before our cruise!!!!! This Momma is SOOO excited!!!! :mickeyjum I've shed many tears this morning just getting everything in order... I CANT WAIT!!!!!!! For those of you that will be at the parks, I will be the one walking around looking lost and most likely crying tears of joy!!!! :cheer2:

Hey Gang,

I have a question about cabin switching which it seems is happening. Are these price drops that are allowing this or something else? Just curious for you seasoned Disney cruisers, do the prices tend to go down at all? I thought being in September (supposedly off season) it would be less expensive?

Hey Gang,

I have a question about cabin switching which it seems is happening. Are these price drops that are allowing this or something else? Just curious for you seasoned Disney cruisers, do the prices tend to go down at all? I thought being in September (supposedly off season) it would be less expensive?

I was wondering the same thing. I looked on the cruise website yesterday because of all the recent upgrades, and the prices are WAY higher than when I first booked. Another thing that I noticed is that a bunch of the room categories that were not available, are available again. Perhaps are group will be the only ones on the ship! :hippie:

So plans have changed... WE will be going to Disney the day before our cruise!!!!! This Momma is SOOO excited!!!! :mickeyjum I've shed many tears this morning just getting everything in order... I CANT WAIT!!!!!!! For those of you that will be at the parks, I will be the one walking around looking lost and most likely crying tears of joy!!!! :cheer2:

WOO HOO!!!:dogdance:

Happy for you.....make sure to get lots of pictures of that precious little man of yours in between the tears!! :sad::sad::sad::sad:

Hey Gang,

Not sure why everyone else is upgrading but we upgraded because I've been working ALOT of overtime and wanting to make our vacation a little more special!!! :) These 72 hour weeks will be all worth it in September!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter