Sep. 7, 2015 on the Dream

It looks like Disney Dream starts their Halloween themed cruises on Sept. 7th, the day we set sail.
Is anyone able to clarify this?

Thanks,
Amy
The first Halloween cruise was Sept. 7th for the Dream last year. Disney has not announced the holiday theme cruise dates for 2015 yet. So no one knows for sure if our cruise will be Halloween or not. We just have to wait till Disney decides to tell everyone!

FE- guys I have to admit I am getting cold feet. Can we still be friends if I back out? It's our first cruise and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with the idea of all that we have to get done anyway, then add on making/buying stuff, packaging it up, the extra luggage involved with bringing it along, and then on a short cruise anyway- taking the time to run stuff all over the ship. I don't want to be a party pooper, but I also don't want to overwhelm myself on what is supposed to be a fun vacation.

Thoughts? What is the downside of FE? I mean, my main motivation for doing it was making connections with other cruisers. It seems like we are doing that on here. I want to make a decision soon so that others can take our place and before the group has started working on FE for our family.

I honestly have been thinking the same thing. I was wanting to connect with people, so the kids would have connections or at least ideas of other kids that will be on the ships. It does get kind of overwhelming!

To top it off, outside of planning our vacation, I'm upping my course load so I don't have to take a class during the 7 week section the cruise falls in. Then, my husband is working out of town for possibly the next 4 months. I am a little hectic right now, to say the least!

We still have a "meet" for our group sometime, even if we don't participate in the FE, correct?

I just made an unexpected upgrade! We are now in #9098!!! My parents are still in #9111.:yay:

As for those who are reconsidering the FE...I personally feel if it isn't fun, it isn't worth it. This is a vacation! While I can't speak for the others here, do what you feel best about. Would hate to see you go, but I would rather you have a fantastic, stress free cruise!

I got the Ohana reservation I wanted. Caleb was very happy, since this is his and his dad's favorite. I still need to make a reservation for Kona breakfast, but I don't know what time to make it for.

Does anyone know the pick up times at the resorts? Do they change the order of pick up? We are staying at PVB prior to the cruise.

Morning! Can't believe in less than 6 months we will be on our first Disney cruise!

I got the dining reservations I wanted this morning as well. BOG for MK on the Sunday before the cruise. I'm still not sure if I want to do Narcoossee's for dinner or Whispering Canyon.

I haven't booked our Resort to Cruise transportation yet. I'm still on the fence if we should do a private car or the group bus pickup...I like the idea of the car because we can control the pickup time and it's direct no stops.

Only half of mine were for inside the parks including Be Our Guest for lunch-I'm so excited that I got that one! So today was an early wake up for a Saturday and looks like we still have a late night to look forward to for the cruise check in ;)

I got all of mine as well! Including a Be Our Guest for lunch and dinner, along with Cinderella's Royal Table :)

FE- guys I have to admit I am getting cold feet. Can we still be friends if I back out? It's our first cruise and I'm starting to feel overwhelmed with the idea of all that we have to get done anyway, then add on making/buying stuff, packaging it up, the extra luggage involved with bringing it along, and then on a short cruise anyway- taking the time to run stuff all over the ship. I don't want to be a party pooper, but I also don't want to overwhelm myself on what is supposed to be a fun vacation.

Thoughts? What is the downside of FE? I mean, my main motivation for doing it was making connections with other cruisers. It seems like we are doing that on here. I want to make a decision soon so that others can take our place and before the group has started working on FE for our family.

Breath! You are still part of the Cruise Family whether you want to do FE or not :) Do what makes you comfortable:D

I think you should do whatever works for you!!! You are still a part of our group without participating!!! :)

I have had a super crazy past couple of weeks, and I have been gone.....wow, I have missed a lot on here! Let me catch up....:badpc:

Most importantly, the FE is not mandatory. The intention is for it to be FUN!! If it is stressing you out or is becoming more of a hassle, feel free to have your name removed from the list. Everyone wants to have a good time on the cruise....that won't happen for you if you jump in over your head!:sad2:
The board itself is set up for connecting with others on the cruise, coordinating meet-ups, and organizing the FE. We still want everyone to be involved with chats and meet-ups, whether you are involved in the FE or not. I do prefer that you ask for removal from the list BEFORE the list finalization dates. PLEASE! It appears that several people are making handmade, personalized gifts and it isn't fair for them to put in all that hard work after they think the list is finalized. You still have a few months to decide if the FE is right for you and your family. I will not remove anyone until you tell me for sure that you have decided not to participate.

Next, I got all the ADR's we wanted as well! I am so excited! 'Ohana was our "must book" due to some of our friends reviews. We are going our first night. I also wanted BOG for lunch, Chef Mickey's, Princess dinner @ 1900 Park Faire, Hollywood and Vine, and Boma.:woohoo:

Last thing, I will get the room updates for those that have changed on the list today!:dancer:

I have had a super crazy past couple of weeks, and I have been gone.....wow, I have missed a lot on here! Let me catch up....:badpc:

Most importantly, the FE is not mandatory. The intention is for it to be FUN!! If it is stressing you out or is becoming more of a hassle, feel free to have your name removed from the list. Everyone wants to have a good time on the cruise....that won't happen for you if you jump in over your head!:sad2:
The board itself is set up for connecting with others on the cruise, coordinating meet-ups, and organizing the FE. We still want everyone to be involved with chats and meet-ups, whether you are involved in the FE or not. I do prefer that you ask for removal from the list BEFORE the list finalization dates. PLEASE! It appears that several people are making handmade, personalized gifts and it isn't fair for them to put in all that hard work after they think the list is finalized. You still have a few months to decide if the FE is right for you and your family. I will not remove anyone until you tell me for sure that you have decided not to participate.

Next, I got all the ADR's we wanted as well! I am so excited! 'Ohana was our "must book" due to some of our friends reviews. We are going our first night. I also wanted BOG for lunch, Chef Mickey's, Princess dinner @ 1900 Park Faire, Hollywood and Vine, and Boma.:woohoo:

Last thing, I will get the room updates for those that have changed on the list today!:dancer:

Welcome back!!! hope things settle down a little for you :)

COME ON NOW!!!! YOU HAVE 5 MONTHS TO PRACTICE ;)

I'm not doing bad lately on my workouts and I think I could get ready by then (to be the last one back), but it would require waking up earlier. My kids and I close parks down. We have only been to 1 park opening EVER and that was for the kids first trip. We opened HS in order to ride TSMM. They didn't believe the ride was worth getting up early, so we didn't ride it again until FP+. Exercise is definitely not a reason to wake up early for me lol. Every little bit of sleep is very important to me :)

Morning! Can't believe in less than 6 months we will be on our first Disney cruise!

I got the dining reservations I wanted this morning as well. BOG for MK on the Sunday before the cruise. I'm still not sure if I want to do Narcoossee's for dinner or Whispering Canyon.

I haven't booked our Resort to Cruise transportation yet. I'm still on the fence if we should do a private car or the group bus pickup...I like the idea of the car because we can control the pickup time and it's direct no stops.

I've never done Narcoossee's but we enjoyed WC. It is a loud restaurant and they joke around a lot. So it depends on wether you like that kind of thing.

I loved 1900 dinner character experience!! One of the best memories we have of all trips. Food was meh, but the characters were worth it :)

Anyone participating in the Castaway Cay 5k?

My husband and I are planning to do it as long as we can drop our son off, or hopefully have my parents watch him since they have decided to join us on the cruise :) Of course my dad my want to do it as well...

I got all of mine as well! Including a Be Our Guest for lunch and dinner, along with Cinderella's Royal Table :)

You did do well! We're doing Ohana and Tusker House for our character meals. Unfortunately, Cinderella's Royal Table would be lost on my son even though I would like to do it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter