• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sep. 7, 2015 on the Dream

To Melissa and all the other first timers to the park, make sure to pick up some Sorcerer's of the Magic Kingdom cards each day you visit the Magic Kingdom. Even if you don't take the time to play the game, it's a free souvenir! There are two locations to pick them up, the fire station at the front of the park, and behind the Xmas store. There is sometimes a line at the fire station, but not usually at the Liberty Square location. My kids love the game. Each kid has all of the free cards and about half of the additional cards, and some party cards. Caleb and Carly have both beat Easy and Medium, and are half way through Hard. Anyway lots of fun or just a free souvenir for the kids :) Or if you see kids at the portals you can let them pick a card they need from your deck as some pixie dust. We do this now that we have all the cards pixiedust:
Thanks for this tip!!! :) Oh I'm so excited :D

Passports: we submitted for the kids on June 9. It still says being processed. Is this normal? We did ours expedited so we had them in a week. I thought we would have had the kids by now or they would say shipped or something.

Castaway Cay 5K: I did a 3 mile run yesterday, and in the last 1/2 mile my foot started hurting. Bad. Turns out its plantar fascitis. Now I'm afraid I might be out of the running (see what I did there?) for the 5k. So bummed.

And, I have a 5K race this Sunday that I'm signed up to run with a friend. It's not looking good for that either.

Last edited:
Passports: we submitted for the kids on June 9. It still says being processed. Is this normal? We did ours expedited so we had them in a week. I thought we would have had the kids by now or they would say shipped or something.

Castaway Cay 5K: I did a 3 mile run yesterday, and in the last 1/2 mile my foot started hurting. Bad. Turns out its plantar fascitis. Now I'm afraid I might be out of the running (see what I did there?) for the 5k. So bummed.

And, I have a 5K race this Sunday that I'm signed up to run with a friend. It's not looking good for that either.

I guess we hit it lucky with the passport thing. Although we waited in line at our post office for over an hour, within a week ours was updated to processing, and we even got an email alert when the status changed. They were shipped in 2 weeks. We got an email alert for that too, and it included tracking numbers. We didn't even expedite them. I am sorry everyone is having such issues!
Melissa, did Jase's ever turn up in the system?

Sorry about your foot :crutches:
You might have to hang with us at the finish line :beach: If this keeps up, we are only going to be able to high five strangers!!

I think I would inquire about them. Please Keep us updated.

When we ordered our passports I was told it could take 6 weeks (we got ours in 5 weeks and 1 day). The status online didn't actually change until we received them. I would give it a little more time, as it's only me 4 weeks.

So sorry about your foot! I'm bummed right now too! My question is could the girls maybe run it together? Or do they need a parent running it with them. Carly wants to do it and I'm disappointed that I may have to let her down :(

Question....is everyone staying at the Disney resorts taking the shuttle or renting a car to the port?

Question....is everyone staying at the Disney resorts taking the shuttle or renting a car to the port?

I decided to do Florida Town Car service. The Disney transport is $70 one way for 2 people, the car is $125 so we decided to splurge (it's my Hubby's birthday that day) and pick our own departure time.

When we ordered our passports I was told it could take 6 weeks (we got ours in 5 weeks and 1 day). The status online didn't actually change until we received them. I would give it a little more time, as it's only me 4 weeks.

So sorry about your foot! I'm bummed right now too! My question is could the girls maybe run it together? Or do they need a parent running it with them. Carly wants to do it and I'm disappointed that I may have to let her down :(
I'm really hoping my foot feels better by then and I can run it. If I can't, Jason can. He is running right now too and plans to run it. Kelsey definitely wants to run it. She has foot problems as well, and had to drop out of soccer recently after playing for 6 years. She had physical therapy and wears orthotics in her shoes, so she is good now and running with me with no problem. So hopefully at least her and Jason will run it, and I really hope I can too. Its hard to imagine at the moment as I'm in so much pain, but we still have 2 months.

We're not staying at a Disney resort but we are renting a car at the airport and turning it in at the port, then getting a car again when we get off the ship.

We are flying into Tampa and renting a vehicle from there through out our vacation.
I can't remember if you mentioned it already, but what are you doing in Tampa? We were thinking of going that way maybe after but it depends on whether we do Universal.

I can't remember if you mentioned it already, but what are you doing in Tampa? We were thinking of going that way maybe after but it depends on whether we do Universal.

We are going to Treasure Island for 2 nights. Just to have more beach time before the flight back

We're not staying at a Disney resort but we are renting a car at the airport and turning it in at the port, then getting a car again when we get off the ship.
We did that in December and it worked really well! DH dropped us off and we checked in while he returned the car. We were through security, normal check in and over in the kids club check in by the time he caught up with us.

We are driving this year. Good thing since I have a suitcase dedicated just for FEs.

Heads up to all first timers...take all the pictures you can in the terminal because when you leave you will not go back through there. I didn't realize this our first time and didn't take a single picture because the process went so quickly. That and I had 2 very unhappy children. They were so less than thrilled at the "surprise we're going on a Disney cruise".

I decided to do Florida Town Car service. The Disney transport is $70 one way for 2 people, the car is $125 so we decided to splurge (it's my Hubby's birthday that day) and pick our own departure time.
Was that round trip to the port? Or one way?

Well I had a scheduled physical today. Mentioned my shin splints to the doc and she said no running or walking for exercise for at a minimum 1 week and preferably 2 weeks :( If the shin splints don't heal, they will get worse. She suggested a recumbent bike or water exercise. I'm not sure if I'll be ready for the 5K or not. I don't want to be in pain the whole day if they cause me problems again.

We'll be the wet ones walking up :boat: with Dole Whips in our hands :banana: Well we get the pineapple and citrus swirl not in float form :goodvibes

I'm sorry :( I definitely understand since I'm disappointed my foot issues may stop me from running as well. I'm staying off of my foot for 1.5 weeks and then starting back with the recumbent bike myself and hopefully I'll feel good enough for the 5k. I hope you'll feel better soon! Positive, happy thoughts :)

Was that round trip to the port? Or one way?

One way because we are renting a car on the way back. The $70 is one way also for 2 people.

We actually decided to skip the Magic Express on the way in and spend the $50 to have FTC pick us up at the airport on arrival too. We get in close to dinner and want to maximize time at the resort in the evening.

I wouldn't worry about the passports. My mom went in to have hers renewed on July 2 and they told her they are running 4-6 weeks right now.

And I'm sorry about your foot :( So many of us in the injured club right now it seems. Hopefully we'll all be feeling better soon!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter