• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sell me (or not) on an All-Star resort

Disney's "Army of Moms" is real.

No. Just showing it is as easy to find support for my position as it is to find support for yours. I probably wouldn't like a resort if I had an experience like yours. So I can't blame you.

I probably wouldn't like a resort if I had an experience like yours. So I can't blame you.

And if enough Guests had such a negative experience the Resort wouldn't survive,which leads me to believe,based on my 240 nights there,that these HORRENDOUS stays at The All-Star Resort are very rare compared to total room-nights per year.:)

We stayed at All Star Music in June 2015 and are booked to stay again in October. My girls loved the theming. Our room seemed like it had been refurbished fairly recently and the food court was just refurbished and looks fantastic.

Last edited:

NOT. The bus situation alone gives Pop a clear advantage.

I find this very curious....because the All Stars are smaller....they have less people to carry than Pop....I haven't had bad service at either, but just in sheer numbers, I would bet on an All Star bus over a Pop bus....

I find this very curious....because the All Stars are smaller....they have less people to carry than Pop....I haven't had bad service at either, but just in sheer numbers, I would bet on an All Star bus over a Pop bus....

I will be interested to find this out in November. I've had great bus service at all three AS's and bad service at AoA. I go with the same theory. So many people at the one AoA stop that long waits and crowded buses were normal. POP is the same lone bus stop, but I think it will be slightly less busy than AoA.

We stayed in All Start Sports in August 14 and enjoyed it. It was a last minute plan and we were on a budget, so we went with a value resort. Obviously, the rooms are smaller. Our one major complaint was having double beds, which is why we'd probably never do value again but it was go or no-go based on AS Sports last year, so we went! We're only in the room to crash for 6-7 hours, then back up again in the morning, so it was worth it. Buses were great and food court was nice. We were really close to all of it and didn't have to walk much, so that really helped.

If you have read past remarks concerning the Value Resorts you know where I am going with this. I am an All Star Music fanatic. Yes, I have stayed at POP among other resorts but we keep returning to ASMu. Like POP, this is a value resort and you really will not find many differences between the two. The food court at Music was updated last year and they have finished the laundry rooms as well. What keeps my wife and I returning to All Star Music is their staff. Look at my picture. That is me with part of the staff in the gift shop. I have NEVER had any problems with my stays at ASMu and we go every year, sometimes twice. Let me rephrase that, if I had a problem, it was taken care of immediately by calling the front desk. I have no expectations that when I stay here that this is a four star resort. Yes, I have found some rooms to have carpeting that was starting to look worn. The walls may have needed a retouch of paint. But they were clean and everything functioned. The pool time we utilize every afternoon is full of music and kids having fun with the staff and the poll time game hour. Yes, there is not a coffee pot in the room, I need to walk up to the restaurant to get my coffee, but what the heck-I use that time to stroll around the resort while my wife gets ready for breakfast and another day in our happiest place on earth. And no microwave either. I guess I can't reheat my food in my room. Oh wait, I don't bring food back to my room. Everyone has their own special needs and wants and for my wife and I, we have everything we need at ASMu. My wife and I travel alone, no kids or grandkids any more. We have found the trip for the two of us is more relaxing and enjoyable without the distractions of family. If you love WDW as much as we do let me tell you, going back without the kids was the best thing we ever did. I wanted to point that out so you understood that it is just the two of us, not a family with the special need of more room. In 198 days we will be back with our friends at ASMu and believe me, we are counting the days.

If you have read past remarks concerning the Value Resorts you know where I am going with this. I am an All Star Music fanatic. Yes, I have stayed at POP among other resorts but we keep returning to ASMu. Like POP, this is a value resort and you really will not find many differences between the two. The food court at Music was updated last year and they have finished the laundry rooms as well. What keeps my wife and I returning to All Star Music is their staff. Look at my picture. That is me with part of the staff in the gift shop. I have NEVER had any problems with my stays at ASMu and we go every year, sometimes twice. Let me rephrase that, if I had a problem, it was taken care of immediately by calling the front desk. I have no expectations that when I stay here that this is a four star resort. Yes, I have found some rooms to have carpeting that was starting to look worn. The walls may have needed a retouch of paint. But they were clean and everything functioned. The pool time we utilize every afternoon is full of music and kids having fun with the staff and the poll time game hour. Yes, there is not a coffee pot in the room, I need to walk up to the restaurant to get my coffee, but what the heck-I use that time to stroll around the resort while my wife gets ready for breakfast and another day in our happiest place on earth. And no microwave either. I guess I can't reheat my food in my room. Oh wait, I don't bring food back to my room. Everyone has their own special needs and wants and for my wife and I, we have everything we need at ASMu. My wife and I travel alone, no kids or grandkids any more. We have found the trip for the two of us is more relaxing and enjoyable without the distractions of family. If you love WDW as much as we do let me tell you, going back without the kids was the best thing we ever did. I wanted to point that out so you understood that it is just the two of us, not a family with the special need of more room. In 198 days we will be back with our friends at ASMu and believe me, we are counting the days.
I love your glowing review for ASMu! DH and I are staying there for one night before our WL stay and I am very excited to try it! While it is only for one night, I'm happy to hear that we'll be well taken care of. :goodvibes

Pop, a number of advantages. Location within the park (had a room with a fireworks view), better bus service and more dining options (including use of Art of Animation food court).

We have stayed at All Star Sports x 3, Pop x2, POR x 3, BC x 4, BWI x 3, WL, BWV, Poly Club Level, GF, and BLT. Since I became a Disney t.a. a couple years ago I've booked clients at all level resorts including many at All Stars. Have never experienced or had someone complain about All Stars. Not the case with a couple other resorts. A bad experience can always happen, but the Op's experience is not the norm IMO.

We have stayed at All Star Sports x 3, Pop x2, POR x 3, BC x 4, BWI x 3, WL, BWV, Poly Club Level, GF, and BLT. Since I became a Disney t.a. a couple years ago I've booked clients at all level resorts including many at All Stars. Have never experienced or had someone complain about All Stars. Not the case with a couple other resorts. A bad experience can always happen, but the Op's experience is not the norm IMO.
Thank you so much for your awesome information!:)

Believe me,I wouldn't have spent 240 nights at the All-Stars if it wasn't "Disney quality"!!!!:)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter