Sell me (or not) on an All-Star resort

We almost always stay at the All Stars resorts in order to save money. As a softball player, we usually stay at sports just because sports play a huge part in our lives. But all three of them are really similar to Pop Century. You may want to find out which one is the first bus stop, though, just in case. Often times the buses end up really full by the time they get to the third hotel.

I think it's pretty rare in general. For all the people on these boards who have stayed at the three All Star resorts over all the years they have been open, there would be more reports like yours if these were common occurrences.

Let's not forget you stayed ONE night, in ONE room, in ONE of three resorts that each have almost 2,000 rooms. You have a very limited experience. I'll put my faith in the hundreds of people who post here who have spent thousands of nights in rooms at the three All Star resorts ahead of one report of a bad time. Again, not saying it didn't happen. Just that your experience is uncommon.

In fact, I stayed in an All Star room for nine nights.

It was:

• Dirty, hair all over the place - My room was clean. I saw no extraneous hair "all over the place."
  • Loud, tour groups love to make noise all night! - During my stay it was very quiet and there were no noisy groups.
  • Full of broken furniture - Everything in my room was in good condition and worked as it should.
  • The power outlets didn't work right - Not sure what you mean "The power outlets didn't work right." Everything I plugged in worked correctly. Either there's electricity or there isn't.
  • The shower backed up - My shower drained just fine.
  • The toilet ran all night - The toilet in my room worked just fine.
  • The beds were uncomfortable, if the floor was cleaner I would have slept on it - I was happy with the bed in my room. I do realize different people have different mattress preferences.
  • Service was awful, almost 5 hours from calling the front desk to the delivery of extra things requested - meaning delivery at 4AM! - Sounds like you called at 11 p.m. Not sure what you requested, but most hotels have limited staffing that late, especially the housekeeping department which usually goes home around 4-5 p.m. You were not staying at the Four Seasons.

My worst ever overnight stay anywhere in the US was at an All Star resort, this year. It was the worst night I have ever had away from home and I would never do that again even if it were free, which it was because it was so bad that it was refunded! Moderates are so much better, and only a few bucks more if you shop them. I would rather stay off property than spend a minute in an All Star. If you're looking for a value stay, I've heard nothing but good things about Pop Century but I've never stayed there.

It was:

• Dirty, hair all over the place
  • Loud, tour groups love to make noise all night!
  • Full of broken furniture
  • The power outlets didn't work right
  • The shower backed up
  • The toilet ran all night
  • The beds were uncomfortable, if the floor was cleaner I would have slept on it
  • Service was awful, almost 5 hours from calling the front desk to the delivery of extra things requested - meaning delivery at 4AM!
Just stay home, you'll enjoy it more than staying at an All Star Resort.
Wow!Sorry about your experience!

Sounds like you had "The Perfect Storm"!

During my 240 nights at the All-Stars over the years,I'v only experienced the second line(and that has gotten a lot better since they brought in the Super Greeters).

Let's not forget you stayed ONE night, in ONE room, in ONE of three resorts that each have almost 2,000 rooms. You have a very limited experience. I'll put my faith in the hundreds of people who post here who have spent thousands of nights in rooms at the three All Star resorts ahead of one report of a bad time.

Hmm, so I should just shut up and not share my experiences then? :firefight

Wow!Sorry about your experience!

Sounds like you had "The Perfect Storm"!

During my 240 nights at the All-Stars over the years,I'v only experienced the second line(and that has gotten a lot better since they brought in the Super Greeters).

I did, I've been told others have had similar experiences, but my experience doesn't seem to be welcome because it's "just one". ;)

We stay in them often when we can find them on orbitz for 110 or under. Often around $85. I wouldnt stay in one for 150 but if you save 100+ a night we think the savings going toward food and experiences outweigh the difference in rooms compared to a moderate.

Yes they are busy, but we have never had a problem staying in one and often do.

(we do tend to drive more when in values to parks because the bus waits can be a little longer)

I've stayed at all the AS, and AoA. I have POP planned in Oct.

As far as basics, yes all the values are pretty much the same except for theme, so pick the one you like. Bus service has pros and cons at all the values so don't let it sway you.

My order:

1 Music- quiet, lush landscaping, great service and wonderful bus service. Seems to have more adults. Had group on my first trip but didn't even realize it (first stay) and no group the second time. The least in your face as far as giant icons. My favorite and once I do POP, I probably will stick to Music.

2. Movies- fun theming, great service, excellent experiences with the food court (allergies). Was there with the South American groups and large dance groups, with no issues what so ever.

3 Sports- not the best experience. Also had a perfect storm where I had construction, two not so great interactions with CMs although not awful just annoying, and a first day snow delays didn't arrive until 1 am with a 5:30 wake up for a tour. However the room and bus service were fine. Was there with cheer groups and sports teams and again no issues with them at all. Best food court service of all the values.

4 AoA Little Mermaid- loud, crowded, and just not fun. Buses were crowded and had long waits. Only time I thought music at pool was too much. Theming was actually very good though it was new and the landscaping was very sparse. I did not like the shower, it was very dark and claustrophobic. I was also in the Ursula building and the huge face icons creep me out so I took the stairs. Food court was fine. No big groups just a sold out resort and hundreds of families so almost more of a hassle than the big groups.

I would go to any of the AS again. I'd even go to AoA again but it would not be my first choice.

Hmm, so I should just shut up and not share my experiences then? :firefight

I did, I've been told others have had similar experiences, but my experience doesn't seem to be welcome because it's "just one". ;)

Wow, play the victim much?

I just was trying to put your experience in perspective with the hundreds and thousands of positive reports. Yes, people have had bad experiences. But it's not the regular experience.

We really enjoyed music. Stayed 7 nights. We will return to all stars!!! Granted, it's been our only disney resort experience thus far, but we really couldn't have asked for more! I will always be a little sentimental about music!! For us, it was clean, all of our needs & wants were met, it was quiet, the food court was nice, we never waited long for busses, the front desk was awesome replacing 2 lost magic bands for us. i would highly recommend!

Wow, play the victim much?

I just was trying to put your experience in perspective with the hundreds and thousands of positive reports. Yes, people have had bad experiences. But it's not the regular experience.

Lol I'm a victim now? Lol

I've stayed at Pop, Movies & Sports. I personally prefer either the Home Run section at Sports or Dalmations & Mighty Ducks at Movies over Pop. None of those 3 sections have traffic except the people staying in them at night. I've not had a problem with noise, even during the Disney marathon weekend & Princess Half marathon weekend with noise. Those weekends have guests up & on buses starting at 330 am & I never heard any of them

I haven't stayed at Pop but I have stayed at Music as well as BW and BC. The value hotels are nothing like the level you get at BW and BC but I also can't afford to go above value. If you're used to value I doubt it will be much of a difference. I personal use the hotels for sleeping. I plan to spend my days in the park and only go back to the hotel at night for a shower and to sleep. The room we stayed in at Music was clean and while it wasn't as nice as some of the other hotels at Disney it was comfortable and fine and was good for the price. I'm staying at Movies in February.

Edit: The sharing buses wasn't much of a problem even though when we went Music was last when leaving the hotel. We also went to the parks early for rope drop or late though so that may have something to do with it. We never had a problem getting seats on the way there and only had issues on the way back if we were at the end of the line which could happen at any resort. We also didn't heavily use the pools and I've never stayed in Pop so for the times I used Music's pool it was fine but can't say it was amazing.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter