Sell me (or not) on an All-Star resort

What was their response? I would have hoped they'd try to make up for it somehow.

They credited the room back, and threw two fast passes at us for "our troubles". They acted like they cared, but you could tell the empathy was fake. How they handled it was fine, at least they did that much, but I would not recommend anyone stay there after that experience. We normally stay at moderate, deluxe, or off site, and we had never experienced anything like this before. The trip advisor reviewers who are giving the resorts recent 1 and 2 star reviews are completely accurate.

They credited the room back, and threw two fast passes at us for "our troubles". They acted like they cared, but you could tell the empathy was fake. How they handled it was fine, at least they did that much, but I would not recommend anyone stay there after that experience. We normally stay at moderate, deluxe, or off site, and we had never experienced anything like this before. The trip advisor reviewers who are giving the resorts recent 1 and 2 star reviews are completely accurate.
That's fair, if I had that experience I wouldn't stay there again either. Still, I'm glad to know they handled it okay even if they weren't empathetic.

Before kids, my husband and I spent a long weekend at Music. It was fine. It was busy with lots of kids, but it was just fine. The interior at the time was awful, but they've redone those rooms since 1999 and they look nice. The only other negative comment I could make was the presence of the cheer squads for a competition that liked to practice on any green space they could find. But they were quiet at night!

The All-Stars also have a "limited" number of King rooms.:)

I believe the King bed rooms are the handicapped accessible rooms. They have roll-in showers, no tubs. I don't think there are any king beds that are not.

We have stayed at ASMo before and loved it! The theming is great & we saved a ton of $$ compared to what we are used to paying at the deluxe resorts.

So we love Disney, but hate crowds. Crazy...right! When we are in the parks we don't mind the crowds and everything that goes along with it, but when we are back in the hotel we prefer to feel like we are a little further away. My only complaint was that it felt very crowded there in several ways 1. Pools were crowded and loud 2. The quick service restaurants were very busy 3. It was harder to get a timely response from the hotel staff. If the cost is a big factor, but you really want to go....well go and enjoy the time with your daughter! I'm sure that you two don't get as much time to run off and have mother/daughter time(which sadly happens to us all), so just enjoy and have a great trip.

I'll give you a quick sell IMO. I leave the resort at daylight and do not return to the resort until it is time to sleep. Since I am gone all day, I only need the room to sleep and shower. While I do prefer a moderate resort, a value is fine if you tour the parks hardcore. Just my 2 pennies :)

How about some pictures from our stay, we must have been the only people to ever stay in this room. :jester::genie::fish:

http://imgur.com/a/HNhba

That's what you can expect at an All Star resort. :crazy2:

Don't just take my word for it, here are some other shining reviews of All Star Sports, All Star Movies, and All Star Music. Pay close attention to the 1 and 2 star reviews, they're spot on.

:D

I don't agree the All Stars are 1 and 2 star resorts. I have stayed at them many times, and not had an experience anywhere near as bad as yours. It sounds like the room they put you in should have been taken out of rotation.

I don't agree the All Stars are 1 and 2 star resorts. I have stayed at them many times, and not had an experience anywhere near as bad as yours. It sounds like the room they put you in should have been taken out of rotation.

Should have been, yet wasn't. It never should have gotten that bad in the first place though and according to the other reviews, it's not happening to just me.

The reviews, and the dates of those reviews speak for themselves...

hjk2aT3.png

JKCHwEW.png

53862bM.png

if you look you will find negative reviews for every Disney resort. Not to mention, a post complaining that the hedges need to be trimmed is pretty laughable. And Disney charges for extra pillows? Simply not true. Over $200 for a value with an old pool? Not possible. Complaining that stairs that are outside get slippery when wet? No kidding. Some people like to complain and see themselves in print, is more what it sounds like. Maybe before you take every review as the absolute truth you should stop and think about what those people are saying.

A shower that backs up and air that doesn't work? Those are issues. Complaining because a request isn't met, and that a resort has hedges that need trimming? That is ridiculous.

And for the record, every Disney value resort has a rating of at least 4 out of 5 on that travel site. Picking out only the reviews that support your point of view proves nothing.

And for the record, every Disney value resort has a rating of at least 4 out of 5 on that travel site. Picking out only the reviews that support your point of view proves nothing.

Hey, if you want to sleep in Disney's bottom of the trash bin resorts because you feel that they're worth their 4 and 5 star reviews, don't let me stop you. I'm just sharing my experience and providing evidence that I'm not alone in that experience. You're always free to do whatever you want. :)

Thanks I will, secure in the knowledge that most of those reviews you quoted seem to be from people who are clueless at best. Me (and most others judging by the rating on the site you provided) are quite happy with our rooms at the values. :)

Funny, the first value I clicked on the 2 most recent reviews were excellent " I Miss it already" and "Still just as good". 5 out of 5 ratings too. I guess it is just as easy to prove the opposite of your point of view as it is to support it, eh??

Thanks I will, secure in the knowledge that most of those reviews you quoted seem to be from people who are clueless at best. Me (and most others judging by the rating on the site you provided) are quite happy with our rooms at the values. :)

Funny, the first value I clicked on the 2 most recent reviews were excellent " I Miss it already" and "Still just as good". 5 out of 5 ratings too. I guess it is just as easy to prove the opposite of your point of view as it is to support it, eh??

Disney's "Army of Moms" is real.

if you look you will find negative reviews for every Disney resort.

So true!Negative reviews are out there for ANY resort ANYWHERE-NO Resort is perfect all the time.:)

If the All-Star Resort was continuously sub-par,it seems to me that I would have experienced sub-par conditions on at least one of my 240 nights there!!!!lol:)

I never hear many good things when i know people stay there. I also heard about the cockroaches as well.

I stayed at Pop Crntury and it was ok. Buses weren't the best to be honest and always long lines.

I ASSURE you-you are just as likely to encounter a Palmetto at the Poly,etc. as you are the All-Stars.:)

I totally agree!

I don't base my opinions off of review sites and use my own judgment. People are quicker to complain and voice their negative opinion on those sites vs voicing a positive one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter