Sell me (or not) on an All-Star resort

disneyfanatic60

DIS Veteran
Hoping for a quick trip this fall and having trouble getting rooms on the dates I need at POP. We have been staying there lately and it's become a favorite. Trying to keep costs down since we were just there in March.

I have stayed in many resorts from value to deluxe but never in one of the All-Star resorts. It just never interested me to want to try it. I am worried since I really enjoy POP that I will be disappointed. This is a quick trip with only my married daughter who is 28. Just 3 or 4 nights. Goal of the trip is R&R at the pool, MVMCP, and a day in the parks. I have free airfare but I need to keep costs low on the rest of the trip.

So go ahead and sell me on an All-Star resort (and be specific which one) or deter me!

well, if cost is the factor,then go for it...it's a disney hotel,and therefore pleasant. I did it myself last winter to save some $$$.... that said, I don't like it much. I don't like the layout,the rooms,or the pool area much. (music) the buses were fine, the food court like others, and it was cheap and onsite. I like Pop much better out back where it's quiet. I like Mods even better. I'd do it again to save $$, but I don't love them.

I've done AllStars twice now, and I'm going again in the fall. I really like them. They're not deluxe, obviously, but I think they're still a great option for a budget room. I have never had a problem there!

Having stayed several times at Pop and all 3 All Stars, I find the AS much less hectic and quieter. They are smaller resorts than Pop, so the buses and food courts are not as packed.

You will see people say the shared buses are a con to these resorts. The AS only share buses during the slower times of the day. During the morning and evening rush, they will have dedicated buses. I have been on a bus during the middle of the day that is dedicated to one of the AS resorts as well. :)

Actually, for me, it seems like Pop is actually larger, and you have more chances to be farther away from everything.....my parents and I usually stay Pop cuz they like it, but me and m college roommate stayed at Sports last September, and it was so sufficient for our needs, we are going back this September! Didn't hurt that I got a $74 rate :-D

Since they are basically the same, I would go for the cheapest.....I also like the all stars cuz of the size.....I would probably request a high floor, just to keep the chances of random noise down (though it totally depends on your neighbors) but its wonderful for my needs....

So I too have stayed at every level resort and we liked ASMo. My kids LOVED it. Our DD5 kept thanking and thanking us for being able to stay there, mind you she had just stayed a week on CL at WL just a couple of months prior to that. However my adult friends stayed at ASsp this past February and hated it. They said they couldn't sleep because there was tons of kids running and screaming all night. Plus they swore an elephant was in the room above them. So I guess it just depends.

Hoping for a quick trip this fall and having trouble getting rooms on the dates I need at POP. We have been staying there lately and it's become a favorite. Trying to keep costs down since we were just there in March.

I have stayed in many resorts from value to deluxe but never in one of the All-Star resorts. It just never interested me to want to try it. I am worried since I really enjoy POP that I will be disappointed. This is a quick trip with only my married daughter who is 28. Just 3 or 4 nights. Goal of the trip is R&R at the pool, MVMCP, and a day in the parks. I have free airfare but I need to keep costs low on the rest of the trip.

So go ahead and sell me on an All-Star resort (and be specific which one) or deter me!

You just said it..For A QUICK trip , and not relying staying at the resort much these are a perfect way to keep the budget down...

Our vacays, have changed over the years, so staying at a value, isn't in the cards anymore. We enjoy a lot of resort & downtime, and so many of the mods, & now DVC resorts offer a lot more for us.

I personally love the ASMu though out of all..

In March 2014 we planned a trip to Savannah with 4 days in Myrtle Beach on the way home. Six days out the long range forecast was horrible so we booked a WDW trip instead, all Star Music was the only Value or Mod with rooms so we took it. BTW, ASMu was our first resort on our first WDW trip in 1999 so we knew what to expect. Since then we've become Board Walk/S/D folks but a Value is still 'on site' so we're there if circumstances dictate.

Bill From PA

DH and I spent about 11 days at Sports for our wedding/disneymoon and we didn't have any problems! It was pretty quiet. We were in the Home Run section and it was a quick and easy walk to the food court and buses. We didn't spend much time in the room so it was great for a place to just sleep after a long day at the parks.

This will give you an idea of how often the All-Stars share buses.:)

During my April visit to All-Star Sports,I decided to keep a record of my Bus travels.:)

It takes the Buses about 2 minutes to travel from Sports to Music and about 2 minutes from Music to Movies.

I also did some Park Hopping:
Monorail from TTC to Epcot----9 minutes.
Monorail from Epcot to TTC----7 minutes.
Express Monorail----4 minutes
Friendship between Epcot and DHD----20-30 minutes(We actually did make it in 20 minutes one day!)

Saturday April 18----Sports to Epcot----8:23AM to 8:33AM----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----4:46PM to 4:58PM----12 minutes----Share

Sunday April 19----Sports to DAK(EMH)----7:44AM to 7:52AM----8 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:51PM to 12:57PM----6 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----5:37PM to 5:57PM----20 minutes----Share
MK to Music----10:31PM to 10:52PM----21 minutes----Direct
(Hopped on a waiting Music Bus and then walked back to Sports.)

Monday April 20----Sports to MK----6:49AM to 7:04AM----15 minutes----Direct
(BOG Breakfast!)
Epcot to Sports----12:31PM to 12:42PM----11 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----2:44PM to 3:04PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----7:00PM to 7:12PM----12 minutes----Share

Tuesday April 21----Sports to DHS----7:58AM to 8:10AM----12 minutes----Direct
DHS to Sports----11:01AM to 11:15AM----14 minutes----Direct
Sports to DTD----2:23PM to 2:50PM----27 minutes----Share
DHS to Sports----9:57PM to 10:09PM----12 minutes----Share

Wednesday April 22----Sports to DAK----7:33AM to 7:44AM(EMH)----11 minutes----Direct
DAK to Sports----12:29PM to 12:37PM----8 minutes----Share
Sports to DHS----1:30PM to 1:49PM----19 minutes----Share
MK to Music----9:25PM to 9:40PM----15 minutes----Direct

Thursday April 23----Sports to Epcot----11:10AM to 11:19AM----9 minutes----Share
DTD to Sports----5:18PM to 5:37PM-----19 minutes----Share

Friday April 24----Sports to Epcot----8:06AM to 8:17AM-----11 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----10:27AM to 10:43AM----16 minutes----Share
Sports to Epcot----12:23PM to 12:43PM----20 minutes----Share
Epcot to Sports----9:14PM to 9:30PM----16 minutes----Direct

Saturday April 25----Sports to DHS(EMH)----7:20AM to 7:30AM-----10 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports-----4:16PM to 4:30PM----14 minutes----Share

Sunday April 26----Sports to MK----9:15AM to 9:30AM----15 minutes----Direct
Epcot to Sports----12:20PM to 12:32PM-----12 minutes-----Share
Time to board THE SAD BUS!!!!BOOOOOOOO!!!!:):):):)

Our only "value" experience was at All Star Sports, we didn't care for it at all. But if it comes down to a value or not going, definitely go for it. :earsboy:

I love the All Stars (see my signature!).

With 1,000 fewer rooms than Pop, fewer guest and less chaos at the food court. I Like eth food court layout better that you do not have to walk through the gift shop mayhem to get to the food.

My favorite is Music. It attracts more adults and seems to be the quietest. CMs have always been great. Love the theming. I'll be back in 8 days! I will take Music any day over 3, very disappointing stays at AKL.

In ANY value if you want quiet, request TOP floor NOT facing a pool.

We love All Star Movies and Hate Pop. Pop feels too hectic, crazy and spread out while ASM feels smaller quieter and calmer. We did a split stay and Pop busses were TERRIBLE (so bad that we said we'd never stay at Pop again. The line was always the longest (of any other resort on return from park) and took multiple busses showing up before we got to board) and when we switched to ASM the buses were quick and great and we never had to wait for the "next bus"!

I say stay ASM you might find you like it better!

We also like that ASM is completely Disney themed. (Pop has terrible theming imo) it really immerses you in the Disney experience!

All Star Music made us very happy a few years ago when we were doing a more budget-y trip, and we seriously considered staying at Movies for Christmas this year. My DD was very interested in the giant icons and liked them a lot at Music. We thought the walking was a little difficult after a long day at the parks, but the pool and food court and everything were just fine. However, for the whole trip we're taking in December, POFQ was only about $900 more so we decided to go with that. Money isn't really an issue like it was last time. We haven't stayed at POFQ before and DD and I will see how we like it when we go in September, then may change our December plans based on that. Might find us at Movies for Christmas yet!

Thanks for the quick reply. I would love to stay in All Stars to save the money. I have stayed at Pop twice now, and I really liked that a lot. I am a big baseball fan, so All Star Sports looks really nice. I have read comments over the years, about how these resorts have gotten run down. I wonder when was the last time they were refurbished. I also really liked the Food Court at Pop. Is the food court options at the All Stars similar?

Thanks for the quick reply. I would love to stay in All Stars to save the money. I have stayed at Pop twice now, and I really liked that a lot. I am a big baseball fan, so All Star Sports looks really nice. I have read comments over the years, about how these resorts have gotten run down. I wonder when was the last time they were refurbished. I also really liked the Food Court at Pop. Is the food court options at the All Stars similar?
Then rooms at Sports received a Soft Goods Refurb a couple of years ago.

End Zone Food Court was rebuilt in 2013,but it does not have all the options Everything Pop has.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter