Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

I'm 99% sure that we won't get to Disney next summer (darn college tuition is sucking up my fun money, lol.) but I'm secretly planning to get there in the spring/summer of 2018. I sure hope *something* new (Avatarland, ROL, *whatever*) is open by then. Of course, I guess that means I'll actually have to watch Avatar by then so I know what's going on there.
I have a quick trip in Aug, and then it will be dh and me in 2018. I am hoping with you! It would be awesome if something(s) new were open! party:

To aid the quest to 700 ... I've never seen Avatar either ... and don't have plans to ... but still excited to see the finished Pandora in AK.
I felt like this too but then I watched avatar and now I'm really excited about avatar land. I was actually a bit touched by the movie and it's messages, surprisingly.

It just doesn't appeal to me at all....kind of like Star Wars....which leads me to....

...maybe I won't really need to watch the movie. Maybe I can just appreciate the visuals for what they are. Kind of like the Star Wars night time show at DHS. Never saw those movies but totally appreciated (and loved!) the show even though I had no idea if there was a story line going on in front of me.

I guess the good thing is that Avatarland will be open for at least several months before I manage to get there, so I'll be able to read a lot of reviews and opinions and maybe I'll find out it's not necessary to see the movie in order to appreciate that area of AK. Then I can spare myself having to watch a movie that I really have no interest in.
The bold part makes me think of some thing my sister and I were just discussing today... we think that if we had to see Avatar again, we'd rather see it on mute! :rotfl:

I really did think it was beautiful visually. I didn't at all care for the story, the characters, the dialogue... Well, you get the picture! ;)

I'm sure there are those who loved it. Vive la différence, as they say!! :)

Well I missed a few pages. For one, I started playing Disney Emoji Blitz! I'm not one to usually play games like that but its fun and my 4 year old plays with me, so I've been more obsessed with it than the Dis the last couple days. Another, I've just had lots going on. I go back to work in one week. Blech! But I guess that means the time to the next trip is passing!

I, too, have heard some of the rumors and heard of the testing. I have quite a few days until I go back...313 to be exact...lol. So let's HOPE they have ROL up and running by then!

I've seen Avatar once. It was visually stunning and so that part would seem to totally fit into AK. I seriously doubt its up and running in 313 days, though.

Yay to 700!!

Just popping in and I see we made it to 700! :cool1:

Well I missed a few pages. For one, I started playing Disney Emoji Blitz! I'm not one to usually play games like that but its fun and my 4 year old plays with me, so I've been more obsessed with it than the Dis the last couple days. Another, I've just had lots going on. I go back to work in one week. Blech! But I guess that means the time to the next trip is passing!

I, too, have heard some of the rumors and heard of the testing. I have quite a few days until I go back...313 to be exact...lol. So let's HOPE they have ROL up and running by then!

I've seen Avatar once. It was visually stunning and so that part would seem to totally fit into AK. I seriously doubt its up and running in 313 days, though.

Yay to 700!!

I've been playing Emoji Blitz, too! It is cute and I've enjoyed taking turns playing it with my daughter as well.

Lotus flowers don't count ........................ how many boats does it take to move a lotus flower?

Mike @ Blog Mickey ‏@Blog_Mickey 3h3 hours ago
Looks like our first look at the RoL centerpiece......

CoSzqEiWcAAhj3I.jpg

Random guest posted this .................. if current, there are some animals lurking ................

ate Alexander‏@KateA535
Rivers of light floats spotted out at animal kingdom. #riversoflight #animalkingdom #WDW

Cn-PUKLWEAEFFbH.jpg

Cn-PUKcXYAE3aGt.jpg

i can't believe I'm excited to see testing next week:crazy: I'm still holding out hope for a miracle for 2 weeks from now even crazier:crazy::crazy::crazy::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Well ................. don't get too excited ............. we know what that leads to ..................

I think we are safe in knowing it won't happen until after Jungle Book ends since they have all those folks who are so excited to see it already booked ............ (insert crickets). I find it hard to believe it will start in September ............ traditionally "slower" but then if it's still glitchy or can't go more than one go round, that would be the best time.

At this point I'd almost be happy if they were just lit up floating around out there.

I've been following this thread off and on since March keeping my fingers crossed that it would open for everyone's spring/summer trips. Can't believe we're getting close to my Oct trip and I'm in the same boat you all were!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter