• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

I've been following this thread off and on since March keeping my fingers crossed that it would open for everyone's spring/summer trips. Can't believe we're getting close to my Oct trip and I'm in the same boat you all were!
Sympathy like. I wouldn't wish what we've been through on anybody, good luck and thank you!

I've been following this thread off and on since March keeping my fingers crossed that it would open for everyone's spring/summer trips. Can't believe we're getting close to my Oct trip and I'm in the same boat you all were!

I bet you thought by time you went you would be reading all the wonderful reviews of the show and excited for it ................. and now you are in the same boat, hoping you get lucky. So many impacted plans, changed plans, cancelled plans. Welcome to our Nightmare. o_O

I bet you thought by time you went you would be reading all the wonderful reviews of the show and excited for it ................. and now you are in the same boat, hoping you get lucky. So many impacted plans, changed plans, cancelled plans. Welcome to our Nightmare. o_O

Yeah except we only go every two years and the kids are getting older so this might be our last trip...who knows....

Yeah except we only go every two years and the kids are getting older so this might be our last trip...who knows....

LOTS of folks in the same boat for something they might have been looking forward to. Many couldn't change their trips and missed out on ROL. I think about Club Villain, AWESOME event that I booked a trip around but most can not do that. They run it the slower months and many who want to see, but can only travel school holidays are shut out. The best fireworks shows are July 4 and NYE, both times so crowded that some of us can not go. Always something down for refurb, some the same time every year - like Splash that we missed winter after winter trip. ROL might be open by trip, if not I'd focus on something else being a special event for you.

Glad my kids, all adults, still want to go to Disney - even if they didn't - I'd still be going. I think it's way better as adults than it was when the kids were younger. :cool1:

LOTS of folks in the same boat for something they might have been looking forward to. Many couldn't change their trips and missed out on ROL. I think about Club Villain, AWESOME event that I booked a trip around but most can not do that. They run it the slower months and many who want to see, but can only travel school holidays are shut out. The best fireworks shows are July 4 and NYE, both times so crowded that some of us can not go. Always something down for refurb, some the same time every year - like Splash that we missed winter after winter trip. ROL might be open by trip, if not I'd focus on something else being a special event for you.

Glad my kids, all adults, still want to go to Disney - even if they didn't - I'd still be going. I think it's way better as adults than it was when the kids were younger. :cool1:

I have 3 young girls so FEA is our special thing for sure....I've secured 3 FP+ for it. ;)

I can remember thinking our trip in 2009 would probably be our last....older kids were in college, younger kids had each been to Disney 2 or 3 times....just seemed logical. And then I thought our trip in 2011 would be the last. And then again in 2013...and then 2015....2016.... You get the picture. In fact, our adult kids (married and/or living on their own who had each taken trips to Disney in 2014 *without US*) were upset when we didn't ask if they wanted to go with DH & I and the "younger" kids (all under the age of 16) in 2015. :confused3 Hence the trip this year that includes *EVERYONE*. I don't think we'll ever have a "last trip" to Disney. :laughing:

Last edited:
Well floating floats is better than sinking floats. Unless the floats are as fed up as we are and are perhaps trying to make a break for freedom.

I vote they are making a break for it, I would. Born captive, live free!!! :laughing:

When have we heard things like that before:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Been here, done this .............. seriously if this thing rolls in September then I really don't believe they had all these MAJOR technical issues. I think they decided they needed to delay because EVERYTHING new was suddenly happening at the same time. Who knows if Avatarland will open in 2017 so why not spread the new stuff a little. And changing the show because some is boring .......... maybe that was decided by April too and part of the delay.

But you got to love WDWT commitment to September ..... or November ....... or December ...... or none of the above. Poor October must feel left out to not be part of the rumor mill.

Last edited:

Well, I'm a little concerned about this part....

"...the time down has also been used to rewrite large portions of the show that management may have deemed “too boring”

So...are the same people who brought us JB doing the rewrites????? I sure hope not -- or if it is the same group, then I hope they learned from their mistakes! Did management decide parts of the show were "boring" before or after they saw the JB show...or did they just read reviews????? Now I'm wondering if there were more elements/acts from ROL in the JB show than we originally thought. I guess we'll never see what ROL would have looked like in it's original form...we're just going to see a show that was rewritten/modified based on the reaction to JB. Maybe the technical issues were a blessing in disguise. Can you imagine how furious people would be if ROL finally debuted and was as boring/uninteresting as JB????? I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to have the opportunity to see this show....

Well, I'm a little concerned about this part....

"...the time down has also been used to rewrite large portions of the show that management may have deemed “too boring”

So...are the same people who brought us JB doing the rewrites????? I sure hope not -- or if it is the same group, then I hope they learned from their mistakes! Did management decide parts of the show were "boring" before or after they saw the JB show...or did they just read reviews????? Now I'm wondering if there were more elements/acts from ROL in the JB show than we originally thought. I guess we'll never see what ROL would have looked like in it's original form...we're just going to see a show that was rewritten/modified based on the reaction to JB. Maybe the technical issues were a blessing in disguise. Can you imagine how furious people would be if ROL finally debuted and was as boring/uninteresting as JB????? I'm starting to wonder if I'm ever going to have the opportunity to see this show....

First thing that came to mind and I was so afraid to say it out loud. Glad I'm not the only one. ON hope, I did watch a "special" on the JB show and the woman they interviewed that said she was being charged with creating this new show (and it sounded like her first in that role) and she was so excited to bring her cultural to the stage. It didn't seem as though she was involved in the other but who knows it was probably very scripted since this was a backup plan.

A connect I see is that both hired many dancers/story tellers so maybe they both have similar human elements that they now are adjusting.

First thing that came to mind and I was so afraid to say it out loud. Glad I'm not the only one. ON hope, I did watch a "special" on the JB show and the woman they interviewed that said she was being charged with creating this new show (and it sounded like her first in that role) and she was so excited to bring her cultural to the stage. It didn't seem as though she was involved in the other but who knows it was probably very scripted since this was a backup plan.

A connect I see is that both hired many dancers/story tellers so maybe they both have similar human elements that they now are adjusting.

Some days I have no filter. :D

Been here, done this .............. seriously if this thing rolls in September then I really don't believe they had all these MAJOR technical issues.
This just seems like arbitrary cynicism. What's so hard to believe about a technical problem that takes four or five months to resolve?

This just seems like arbitrary cynicism. What's so hard to believe about a technical problem that takes four or five months to resolve?

Not arbitrary, I've stated this over and over.
Cynicism, you could call it that. Based on recent events .... I have no reason to believe the excuse after excuse.

This technical problem should have been identified months before the opening date, not the week of ........ seriously not buying the oh, we never tried to run the show back to back before, it won't reset that fast. Would you run a new ride just once and assume it's good to go? ............. If it was indeed a technical glitch, they have the capacity, subcontractors and in house ability to fix that in a reasonable time, and that should have been happening way before April. If it was a major glitch and truly still being worked on ........ I would expect a cleaning house for this failure.

I am entitled to my opinion and my lack of believing the stories being told. 2016 has been a year of dropped balls .... am a huge WDW fan, been on this "ride" since 1970, a stockholder and will generally have their back; but even I am tiring of this ask forgiveness routine.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter