Rumors of Light (ROL discussion thread)

Way, way :offtopic: I'm trying to decide between 2 hotels for our stay near Kennedy. One has a suite, very nice, just off the beach but no pool, the other a very nice room with an excellent pool. The place with just a room might be a slightly and I mean very slightly nicer. Decision, decisions. The extra room might be nice with our 2 boys but they love pools.

Way, way :offtopic: I'm trying to decide between 2 hotels for our stay near Kennedy. One has a suite, very nice, just off the beach but no pool, the other a very nice room with an excellent pool. The place with just a room might be a slightly and I mean very slightly nicer. Decision, decisions. The extra room might be nice with our 2 boys but they love pools.

What time of year? Summer half I would say go for the pool hands down (even with a beach close by ... pools are great for early morning and later evening dips!)

As for the latest RoL rumours ... that 1% flicker of hope I've kept that it would someone be ready for our trip (insert single digit dance) has now grown to at least 1.5% :) ... enough to make me glad we opted to get FPs after dropping Tusker ... wishful thinking I know.

YOU GUYS. :sad::sad::sad:

Flight delayed, delayed again, and finally canceled. No more flights available from the area to MCO tonight. I might be able to get on a flight from a less local airport tomorrow night - Saturday if I want the airport I'm in now.

I am SO disappointed that my ultimate day of Disney just isn't in the cards for me tomorrow. The bright side is that Disney was AMAZINGLY accommodating given the circumstances with Southwest this week. They are refunding my resort cost even though I'm technically checked in (I did online at 60 days). Refunding my KTTK tour because I have no room to reschedule during my conference. Refunding the SW dessert party because there's no more availability during my conference. Re-booked Savor the Savanna for Wednesday (at least one is salvaged!).

Southwest: 0, Disney: 1.
OH that stinks! Hope things start looking up!

I would go for the pool for your boys.

What time of year? Summer half I would say go for the pool hands down (even with a beach close by ... pools are great for early morning and later evening dips!)

I would go for the pool for your boys.
Update. We did get a place with a pool, but it's in Orlando but near UNI. What? I get an extra Orlando day. Check out morning at the condo is always a bit hectic with having to check all the bedrooms, kitchen, bathrooms etcetera. We did that before heading to KSC last trip and felt rushed. Where as getting out of just a hotel room is easy.

I finally made it to Orlando last night! No issues with my flight this time. I had to get some Disney time in, so I headed over to DHS for about an hour and a half. Got in TSMM, Star Tours, and Muppets. My conference starts today and I'm a little tired after being out so late, but it was worth it!

I read on the Star Wars thread that they just increased the capacity of the Dessert Party from 125 people to 140 people so definitely keep checking -- there could be openings.

Thanks for the info! So far it doesn't look like the availability has changed for Wednesday, but I'm going to keep checking until then!

Trying to catch up a bit.

Our June trip was the most stressful Disney trip ever as far as planning. Everything fell into place by the time we traveled but it was a stressful few months leading up to it. We didn't get ROL, but at least we got new Soarin', FEA, new Star Wars show, night time stuff at AK, and a few other odds and ends. I need to take a year off from Disney planning to recover.

I felt the same way about our June trip. Sent an email to Disney and told them I've been planning trips to WDW for almost 20 years and this one was the most frustrating. Even though a lot happened in Orlando and at WDW while we were there, we had a great trip.

I really wonder how some of the high end stores are going to turn a profit. I was in Lily Pulitzer for about 30 minutes (Grayson was thrilled...) and no one else even came in. I bought a couple of things and I got the impression I was one of very few who had actually bought something that day. I can imagine the rent is quite high, and I'm just not sure the clientele is there. It'll be interesting to see if that area is a success.

I agree about the high end stores. We were there in June and walked through that area 3 times and didn't see a whole lot of activity in the stores.

YOU GUYS. :sad::sad::sad:

Flight delayed, delayed again, and finally canceled. No more flights available from the area to MCO tonight. I might be able to get on a flight from a less local airport tomorrow night - Saturday if I want the airport I'm in now.

I am SO disappointed that my ultimate day of Disney just isn't in the cards for me tomorrow. The bright side is that Disney was AMAZINGLY accommodating given the circumstances with Southwest this week. They are refunding my resort cost even though I'm technically checked in (I did online at 60 days). Refunding my KTTK tour because I have no room to reschedule during my conference. Refunding the SW dessert party because there's no more availability during my conference. Re-booked Savor the Savanna for Wednesday (at least one is salvaged!).

Southwest: 0, Disney: 1.

So sorry about your flight and your ultimate day at Disney, but glad you finally made it.

One week from today, I will be back at Disney!!!!

3 days at BWV with my DD and her boyfriend and then 4 days at BLT with my friend, her DD, and DGD who are staying at the GF. Doing the princess thing with my friend and her granddaughter - haven't done that in over 10 years so planning for this trip was a little different. LOL Good practice for when the grandkids come along!

I felt the same way about our June trip. Sent an email to Disney and told them I've been planning trips to WDW for almost 20 years and this one was the most frustrating. Even though a lot happened in Orlando and at WDW while we were there, we had a great trip.

We had a great time, too. Honestly, once we had the FPs for FEA and Jungle Book (which happened a few weeks before our trip), I finally felt calm and could just enjoy the anticipation of the upcoming trip. But between the 180 mark and that point was just torture. And we had a lot of little "pixie dust" moments on our trip, so the torture was worth it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter