RUMOR - Jungle Book Alive to close Sept 5th (Mel730 has an update on pg. 5)

After the debacle earlier this year, I'm sure they won't announce anything until they are 125% sure it's ready to open. Having said that, if it's getting g close I bet they hope those DVC events could be previews, but won't announce that till it's working beyond a doubt...then again I'm just hoping that is the case because I want it to be open by mid-October!

At the same time of the extension announcement MDE fastpass started showing Jungle Book as an attraction, but no fastpasses are available to book! The mystery continues.
From what I can tell, Disney's programmers did the addition both ADRs and FPs as two steps. First make the attraction/restaurant available on the given day. Then a separate step is to make the individual time slots available. So this behavior is no surprise.

I wouldn't read into it. It's possible it happened because a decision has been made. It's also possible that someone decided to get step one done, tested, and out of the way before the final decision was made, figuring that it takes less time to take it down than to put it up in the first place.

All I ask is this - please no fast passes for ROL until my offsite stay fp window opens in 6 days!! How I would love to see this!

I think places are making too big a deal out of this. Epcot closes at 9 most times in the winter. I see hours for AK being extended for October and November to 9 as well.

It remains to be seen...

But bare this in mind:

1. September is still the most dead month...so early closures save overhead dollars

2. The only"nighttime" thing going at AK right now seems to be the tree lighting and safaris...I haven't seen great reviews of the safaris...so they can probably wait.

3. CTX is down...so one less draw than normal

4. They are pouring money into development of two sides of the park that are likely, officially, way over budget...

Wouldn't it make sense to pull the plug on the nighttime ak now temporarily and then try to "relaunch" it next year?

Seriously...just sayin'

It remains to be seen...

But bare this in mind:

1. September is still the most dead month...so early closures save overhead dollars

2. The only"nighttime" thing going at AK right now seems to be the tree lighting and safaris...I haven't seen great reviews of the safaris...so they can probably wait.

3. CTX is down...so one less draw than normal

4. They are pouring money into development of two sides of the park that are likely, officially, way over budget...

Wouldn't it make sense to pull the plug on the nighttime ak now temporarily and then try to "relaunch" it next year?

Seriously...just sayin'
If Rivers of light is ready to debut this fall than why would they pull the plug. They've invested too much into it and people are starting to plan to see AK at night. I see 9PM closings in the fall and winter rather than 11PM but they won't revert back to the 5PM closings of old. I will stand by that unless they prove me wrong.

If Rivers of light is ready to debut this fall than why would they pull the plug. They've invested too much into it and people are starting to plan to see AK at night. I see 9PM closings in the fall and winter rather than 11PM but they won't revert back to the 5PM closings of old. I will stand by that unless they prove me wrong.

I agree...if it's ready...

If not...if they have to go to a major drawing board revisit...there's no reason to have the park open till 2017 at the earliest..it's the same as before in essence.

Magic kingdom is stronger than ever...people can go there...what the problem?...

And Epcot and MGM are at full, operational capaci....

...oh dear...might see a problem ;)

Last edited:
They are sourcing the motley fool article. Disney has been slow to update the AK calendar people are reading too much into it.

Maybe articles like these will push them to update their calendars a little more quickly? Nah... probably not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter