RUMOR - Jungle Book Alive to close Sept 5th (Mel730 has an update on pg. 5)

1) By CM's involved, still looking like 2017, but no one can tell right now.
2) The OFFICAL spiel we are to give guests is

We have been happy to host “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” this summer and will be saying a fond farewell to this limited engagement show on September 5. We thank the talented Cast who brought it to life along Discovery River.

As we approach fall, park hours will fluctuate with the season but we are excited to continue to offer Kilimanjaro Safaris from park open to park close, Harambe Wildlife Parti and Discovery Island Carnivale and the awakening of the Tree of Life.

Frequently Asked Questions (For Reactive Use)

What’s happening with Rivers of Light?
We’ll have more information soon. Stay tuned.

I will most likely cancel my Dec trip if ROL isn't running.

Looking like 10 days at Universal again this year instead.

I've lost all hope for our trip, but it looks like they are getting close:

https://twitter.com/jamboeveryone/status/769530193019072512

I saw that earlier, but Rusty is usually in the know and his post is very discouraging.

We're not basing our whole trip on ROL. However a large part is based on AK at night. It's our favourite park. I realize it won't be open until 11pm in December, but I was expecting 8pm which would give about 2 1/2 hours after dark. ROL was to be a big part of that. Delays don't suprise me at WDW, but when something is supposed to be ready in May, it should be safe to assume it will be available in December.

Also really annoying they don't update their hours for the rest of the year. Can't plan for Star Wars fireworks either.

We really enjoyed our 12 days at UO last year and if WDW can't get it together we have no problem going there again. It's also cheaper to go to UO even when factoring in FD.

Not booking flights for a while yet, so we'll see.

I saw that earlier, but Rusty is usually in the know and his post is very discouraging.

We're not basing our whole trip on ROL. However a large part is based on AK at night. It's our favourite park. I realize it won't be open until 11pm in December, but I was expecting 8pm which would give about 2 1/2 hours after dark. ROL was to be a big part of that. Delays don't suprise me at WDW, but when something is supposed to be ready in May, it should be safe to assume it will be available in December.

Also really annoying they don't update their hours for the rest of the year. Can't plan for Star Wars fireworks either.

We really enjoyed our 12 days at UO last year and if WDW can't get it together we have no problem going there again. It's also cheaper to go to UO even when factoring in FD.

Not booking flights for a while yet, so we'll see.
I've seen that things are progressing but likely won't be ready for September but it should be open in the next couple months.

I will most likely cancel my Dec trip if ROL isn't running.

Looking like 10 days at Universal again this year instead.

Just curious, but what does one even do at Universal for 10 days? Granted, I haven't been since before Harry Potter stuff opened, but we did two days and it was enough. 10 days for two parks seems like it would get really old past about day 4 (did Disneyland for 4 days earlier this year and that was plenty).

When I heard what Craig was saying on the podcast that it was looking like winter opening for ROL, I was not pleased. The main reason I booked our trip this year was because of ROL and particularly the later opening for DAK but when he read the hours for DAK come October on, my heart sank. It's not what I wanted to hear as I keep thinking the DAK hours would change for the better. Even if DAK is open 1 or 2 nights until 8 or 9 during our 12 day trip in December, I would be pretty happy with that. ::yes:: Add ROL into that and I would be over the moon! :dance3:Right now, not so much. If I didn't already have the airfare I would even consider cancelling and planning something else and just waiting to go when things are ready.

When I heard what Craig was saying on the podcast that it was looking like winter opening for ROL, I was not pleased. The main reason I booked our trip this year was because of ROL and particularly the later opening for DAK but when he read the hours for DAK come October on, my heart sank. It's not what I wanted to hear as I keep thinking the DAK hours would change for the better. Even if DAK is open 1 or 2 nights until 8 or 9 during our 12 day trip in December, I would be pretty happy with that. ::yes:: Add ROL into that and I would be over the moon! :dance3:Right now, not so much. If I didn't already have the airfare I would even consider cancelling and planning something else and just waiting to go when things are ready.
Hours are always changing. I still expect October hours to be extended to 9PM.

Man, I'm holding multiple dining reservations right now waiting to see if there's a night show at AK or if I should hang on to our Fantasmic dinner package. :X

I'm going in late October and I'd really just like some concrete info from Disney. If ROL isn't going to happen by late October, then fine! Just let us know so we can plan alternatives. I'd be happy to just be in AK at night, I love the park, but as of right now, hours posted only go to 7PM. I get that Disney has been updating hours slowly, but really, what's the hold up? It would make planning so much easier if the hours could be up to date at the 60-day mark for FP+ selections.

Just curious, but what does one even do at Universal for 10 days? Granted, I haven't been since before Harry Potter stuff opened, but we did two days and it was enough. 10 days for two parks seems like it would get really old past about day 4 (did Disneyland for 4 days earlier this year and that was plenty).

We actually did 12 days last December.

It depends what you want out of your vacation?

If your idea of a vacation is to commando through the parks like a team of Navy Seals and once you've done everything once you are board than 3-4 days at UO would be plenty.

We come from fridgid western Canada to Orlando every December. This amounts to a tropical vacation for us. It's usually somewhere between -15 to -35 when we leave home. We've had outstanding luck with Dec weather on our trips, last year highs were 75-85 most days. This is lay by the pool weather for us.

The average day on this vacation for me looked like this:

We stayed at Royal Pacific Resort

9am roll out of bed.
9:30am eat breakfast in the room (ordered breakfast supplies from GG)
11am workout at the fitness center.
12:30pm shower, eat lunch
1:30pm lay by pool for 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
3:30pm head to parks until 6pm-7pm. Parks closed at 7pm-8pm early Dec.

7pm head to Citywalk for supper and evening entertainment.

We are never in the parks for more than 3-4 hours. We enjoy things at a leasurely pace. Onsite Express pass makes this very possible. We went to Seaworld one day and I-Drive one day. We had a great time. We were never board and came home very refreshed. This is the 3rd time at UO like this.

Our WDW vacations go the same way. Never in the parks for more than 3-4 hours a day.

We actually did 12 days last December.

It depends what you want out of your vacation?

If your idea of a vacation is to commando through the parks like a team of Navy Seals and once you've done everything once you are board than 3-4 days at UO would be plenty.

Our WDW vacations go the same way. Never in the parks for more than 3-4 hours a day.

I'm the Navy Seal type. In the parks in the morning and don't come back to the hotel until after fireworks. I'm not bored after doing everything in the parks once, I just want to get the most out of my trip (9 days this coming trip, all WDW). I don't do relaxing vacations (Disney or otherwise).

I'm going to be at WDW September 10-18 and all this waiting and uncertainty about ROL is driving me nuts! I'm 12 days out, I want to know if I'm going to have to change some plans around.

I'm the Navy Seal type. In the parks in the morning and don't come back to the hotel until after fireworks. I'm not bored after doing everything in the parks once, I just want to get the most out of my trip (9 days this coming trip, all WDW). I don't do relaxing vacations (Disney or otherwise).

I'm going to be at WDW September 10-18 and all this waiting and uncertainty about ROL is driving me nuts! I'm 12 days out, I want to know if I'm going to have to change some plans around.
You and I think alike. I like to be in the parks all day everyday. Periodically I will go and check out some resorts or something but really that's only if I have an ADR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter