RUMOR - Jungle Book Alive to close Sept 5th (Mel730 has an update on pg. 5)

I'd like to see the source too...

But logic states it's not opening soon. They don't "quietly" just throw the doors open like the did in the past.

It's pomp, circumstance, and milking.

I'd think we'd know if September was possible by now

I'd like to see the source too...

But logic states it's not opening soon. They don't "quietly" just throw the doors open like the did in the past.

It's pomp, circumstance, and milking.

I'd think we'd know if September was possible by now
This new poster is in the "know" it seems in things and has sources much like people I follow on wdwmagic. I know what you think of sources though...

As for rivers of light it's not unexpected that it won't be ready in September but I don't think would know by now if it was or not. Disney wants to wait until the last possible minute before announcing its ready.

Now what?

Well I don't know what could possibly go wrong now, I'm pretty sure every single thing has gone wrong with the show. Maybe it's just me but I see it opening in October, that's a month and a half at least and I think that would be enough time.

This new poster is in the "know" it seems in things and has sources much like people I follow on wdwmagic. I know what you think of sources though...

As for rivers of light it's not unexpected that it won't be ready in September but I don't think would know by now if it was or not. Disney wants to wait until the last possible minute before announcing its ready.

Yeah...you caught me...

I couldn't give two doodies about "sources"...

...I just think that we would know by now if a month was realistic.

They'd be pumping it to try and lure in zealots and Florida residents to show in September

Yeah...you caught me...

They'd be pumping it to try and lure in zealots and Florida residents to show in September

Perhaps...but they also don't want a replay of what happened in the spring...where they lured in all the zealots and Florida residents only to have the show not be ready in time...they aren't going to want to re-live that experience! I'm choosing to remain cautiously optimistic...and keep putting out positive RoL vibes for it to be open when we're there in October :hippie:

Yeah...you caught me...

No Disney wants this show running for around two weeks before they make an official announcement. They don't want this screwed up again.

Perhaps...but they also don't want a replay of what happened in the spring...where they lured in all the zealots and Florida residents only to have the show not be ready in time...they aren't going to want to re-live that experience! I'm choosing to remain cautiously optimistic...and keep putting out positive RoL vibes for it to be open when we're there in October :hippie:

You mean where people showed up...spent a lot of money...and went home?

You mean where people showed up...spent a lot of money...and went home?

LOL! Right!

I think the slow updating of hours is an indication of what is to come. Honestly, unless ROL is ready to go without a hitch, I see no point in keeping DAK open late. The safari has been a let down, and I doubt JB brought enough peole in to justify the expense that late hours added.

I think that Disney has decided that later hours at DAK and DHS will be a waste of money, so I plan on seeing higher crowds in MK and Epcot.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed it, but they changed the park closing time for September after they made the announcement for JB ending. Initially they had hours listed 9-8, but changed them to 9-9. We have our first trip planned for the second full week in September. It was still listed as 9-8 when I made our fastpass selections early last week, but changed after the announcement. Is it common for them to do that a month out? I'm not trying to read too much into it, but if they're trying to cut back I don't understand why they're keeping it open another hour instead of leaving it at an 8 pm close like they had.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one who noticed it, but they changed the park closing time for September after they made the announcement for JB ending. Initially they had hours listed 9-8, but changed them to 9-9. We have our first trip planned for the second full week in September. It was still listed as 9-8 when I made our fastpass selections early last week, but changed after the announcement. Is it common for them to do that a month out? I'm not trying to read too much into it, but if they're trying to cut back I don't understand why they're keeping it open another hour instead of leaving it at an 8 pm close like they had.

Yes they have been doing it all summer. I don't think that article is based on any actual information. There is also the simple fact that it gets darker earlier in the fall and winter months.

They did some tests for ROL recently. Thank God, maybe they'll get ride that horrible show soon.

1) By CM's involved, still looking like 2017, but no one can tell right now.
2) The OFFICAL spiel we are to give guests is

We have been happy to host “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” this summer and will be saying a fond farewell to this limited engagement show on September 5. We thank the talented Cast who brought it to life along Discovery River.

As we approach fall, park hours will fluctuate with the season but we are excited to continue to offer Kilimanjaro Safaris from park open to park close, Harambe Wildlife Parti and Discovery Island Carnivale and the awakening of the Tree of Life.

Frequently Asked Questions (For Reactive Use)

What’s happening with Rivers of Light?
We’ll have more information soon. Stay tuned.

1) By CM's involved, still looking like 2017, but no one can tell right now.
2) The OFFICAL spiel we are to give guests is

We have been happy to host “The Jungle Book: Alive with Magic” this summer and will be saying a fond farewell to this limited engagement show on September 5. We thank the talented Cast who brought it to life along Discovery River.

As we approach fall, park hours will fluctuate with the season but we are excited to continue to offer Kilimanjaro Safaris from park open to park close, Harambe Wildlife Parti and Discovery Island Carnivale and the awakening of the Tree of Life.

Frequently Asked Questions (For Reactive Use)

What’s happening with Rivers of Light?
We’ll have more information soon. Stay tuned.
I've seen that same quote from Disney in the Orlando sentinel. My question is doesn't the awakening of the tree of life require darkness? We are going in mid October and AK is set to close at 7 every night. However sunset isn't until 6:50-6:55 when we are there. Doesn't seem like we'd be able to experience any "nighttime" attractions there regardless of if Jungle book or ROL is running.

I've seen that same quote from Disney in the Orlando sentinel. My question is doesn't the awakening of the tree of life require darkness? We are going in mid October and AK is set to close at 7 every night. However sunset isn't until 6:50-6:55 when we are there. Doesn't seem like we'd be able to experience any "nighttime" attractions there regardless of if Jungle book or ROL is running.

They have been changing the AK hours with only a months notice or so - I expect they would move it to a 9pm close

Len posted that back on 8/17. Never replied never confirmed only source. Assuming it's a joke. It was same day all the news rags ran with the short Fall hours.

I was hoping that it was! Just got back from vacation and saw it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter