RUMOR - Jungle Book Alive to close Sept 5th (Mel730 has an update on pg. 5)

I could be totally off base here but there are 4 DVC free events from 9:30pm - 12 midnight in September at AK. What are the chances of them doing soft RoL openings on those 4 nights in September as a test. It is a free event so you don't have to worry about people complaining if things don't go off as expected. DVC members tend to go often so they are less likely to be critical if the show is not perfect. They will see it when it officially opens on a future trip. It is the perfect venue to test it out. Just speculating (and hoping since we are going to the first one in Sept).

31 days!!!

:tigger:
Maybe but I'm sure they know yet if it will be ready for Sepetmeber. They have an idea of course but the show isn't completely fixed and if it was it would've debuted already.

DH and I will be down for 5 nights, Sept. 17-22 for F&W & MNSSHP but I didn't plan any evenings at AK for this trip. We saw the JB show 2x in June. Without a firm opening date for RoL I am not willing to go & change all of my plans for a "maybe open in Sept" or "opening fall" rumor. We will be back in January for a family trip & will just plan to catch it then. I am tired of Disney not releasing dates for openings & the recent delays in updating park hours. Such a pain to plan anymore. :crazy2:

I'm waiting impatiently... :rolleyes1 for the Animal Kingdom park hours update and keeping my fingers crossed Rivers of Light is opened by my November trip!! :hourglass Regardless of RoL opening, I want to go to Animal Kingdom at night!!

Good Job finding the news story so quickly Mel730. I know rteetz will probably start a new thread for it, but I figured I'd give you the credit for reporting it first.

Last edited:

I hate this as without ROL opening, that means earlier closings for our Sept/Oct trip. I was hoping for them to extend the hours further than 7:30pm but looks like that won't happen. I was wanting to run around late night after dark and do the nighttime safari and several Everest rides at night. Now I'll be lucky to be leaving the park at a sunset park close.

I hate this as without ROL opening, that means earlier closings for our Sept/Oct trip. I was hoping for them to extend the hours further than 7:30pm but looks like that won't happen. I was wanting to run around late night after dark and do the nighttime safari and several Everest rides at night. Now I'll be lucky to be leaving the park at a sunset park close.

Maybe the hours won't change that much, because they are still keeping the other late night things like the tree of life show.

Same here! And then we won't be back for another two years! Can't believe we're going to miss this :(

Is still up in the air. I've heard it's likely later than that but it might be possible.

That's disappointing! I was hoping that JB closing on the 5th might have meant they were aiming for an opening at the DVC event on the 6th.

That's disappointing! I was hoping that JB closing on the 5th might have meant they were aiming for an opening at the DVC event on the 6th.
They aren't guaranteeing anything right because they want the show to run at least a few days without any problems. It's too early to say if it will be ready for early to mid September yet.

I'm just open for later evening hours at AK when we go in December. I would love to,spend more time seeing all of the park, shopping, eating, details. There is a LOT I haven't done and seen there because no matter when I have been able to go (March, June & July) it's always been unbearably hot. I understand the needs of the animals and the design of the park, but I'm a wuss in the heat. I want December to be cooler or at least night time hours to explore more!

I was just at the grocery store and was talking to the lady at check out, she has a friend that knows a friend that is a bus driver at WDW and she said Labor Day ROL is opening...

Maybe the hours won't change that much, because they are still keeping the other late night things like the tree of life show.

I'm confused about that though, if the park closes in 7:30 during our stay in October, and sunset is about 6:45...do they start the Tree of Life before it's dark? With sunset that time, last light won't be until right around 7:30...which is park close. How does that work?

I'm confused about that though, if the park closes in 7:30 during our stay in October, and sunset is about 6:45...do they start the Tree of Life before it's dark? With sunset that time, last light won't be until right around 7:30...which is park close. How does that work?
They wouldn't do the tree of life until it's dark. My guess is park hours will get extended until about 9 like Epcot or MK on the fall and winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter