Rude individuals on rides....

We stopped going to the parades because of all the pushing and shoving. You can wait 45 minutes in order to get a good spot but as soon as the parade starts, sure enough someone who is more important than you will shove their way into your space. It's not worth the hassle.
Why is that? (I mean that they think they are more important lol)
The past 2 MSEP parades we witnessed the same thing. Last time it was a large extended family-they arrived about 10 minutes before the start of the parade and attempted to push their way in to the front of the crowd near sleepy hollow (on either side of the walkway) problem was on our side there was no room-I was literally standing on the corner edge of the tape which marks the start of the walkway so the one couple were completely in the walkway on our side-everytime a parade cast member told them they had to be behind the tape lines they attempted to push us out of the way but we stayed put-when the parade was about start this large group tried to converge at the opening along front of the walkway which of course is a big no no at disney. This immediately prompted a supervisor to come over to clear the opening to the walkway-so the couple resumed their position next to me (still in the walkway) and when the supervisor told them they had to return to their original spots they said that they had been waiting there the whole time. The supervisor then asked me if they had been there to which I replied yes they have been waiting here but on the walkway side of the tape
So they were forced to move out of the walkway and my 3 year old was able to enjoy the parade

Have you ever been physically grabbed and held during the drops?

Both I and my DS have.

Apparently, some people will grab a perfect stranger for support in a terrifying situation.

OMG! I was on the TOT several years ago and this woman next to me kept grabbing my leg. At first I thought it was a mistake, but she kept doing it. When the ride ended she was giving me a little smirk, like she knew what she was doing. I grab my husband and ran out of there as fast as I could. Creeped me out!!

OMG! I was on the TOT several years ago and this woman next to me kept grabbing my leg. At first I thought it was a mistake, but she kept doing it. When the ride ended she was giving me a little smirk, like she knew what she was doing. I grab my husband and ran out of there as fast as I could. Creeped me out!!

Oh my goodness! I couldn't handle that! I like my personal space. Years ago when my family was leaving MK after the fireworks a man grabbed my rear end. I screamed so loud! My dh started laughing. He said there was a terrified man standing near me saying I'm sorry but of course I couldn't hear him. Dh said it was definitely mistaken identity (the guy was mortified). I guess I looked like his wife from the back. :rotfl2:

We stopped going to the parades because of all the pushing and shoving. You can wait 45 minutes in order to get a good spot but as soon as the parade starts, sure enough someone who is more important than you will shove their way into your space. It's not worth the hassle.
We just don't let them in...

Yes I been on rides with rude people.IT does not compare to getting finger from rude drivers when you have done nothing wrong.Or the guy or lady in 8 or less lane with forty items and then tries to pay by cashing 2 party check.

Probably the best benefit to the FP+ for parades is not having to deal with people pushing into your space at the last minute. It could probably still happen, because front row of the FP area does fill before the end of the return window, but there are CMs right there monitoring it. We did the MSEP FP last year when it was still in the Hub and we actually had room to spread out and be comfortable, and had a decent view of Wishes from the same spot. This year we're doing the Wishes FP and will just watch what we can see of the parade from that area, so hopefully we have another pleasant experience.

Yes I been on rides with rude people.IT does not compare to getting finger from rude drivers when you have done nothing wrong.Or the guy or lady in 8 or less lane with forty items and then tries to pay by cashing 2 party check.

Not related to topic but to this. Last week I was driving (5 miles or so over the speed limit in a congested area) and some clown tries to pass on the right (the lane was a right turn only lane) and when it was about to end he wasn't going fast enough to pass me so he blasted the horn.

On Soarin, there were about 6 men and women who were 'snowbirds' that came to EPCOT for the day. I heard their conversation while in line. One lady talked the group into going on Soarin, since she had been on it before. Lucky for me, I got in the same row with the 'snowbirds'. The one lady decided to be the narrative and she acted like a idiot, by laughing and screaming extra loudly. She was making a point to draw attention to herself to show how much fun she was having on the ride. When we got off the ride, we asked the CM if we cold have a do-over, since she really wrecked the ride for us. The CM handed us Fastpasses for the late evening-this is when paper fast passes still existed.

But I have a time, where I was rude, I was at Mickey's Philharmonic show, waiting for it to start and I was deleting pictures on my IPad. The show started, and a lady behind me, tapped me on the shoulder and asked me to put my IPad away. KARMA bit me.

If people cut in front of me in line waiting for a ride, I don't say anything, I just give them a dirty look (but they're usually not looking at me anyway).

If someone runs in to me while walking (or if I run into them), I always say excuse me, but so many times they just look at me like I have a lot of nerve being where they wanted to walk, lol.

I was surprised at the number of people at Be Our Guest restaurant that would go stand right in front of the rose in the West Wing as the petal dropped, thus blocking it from everyone's view. This was often accompanied by several flash photos of said rose.

I guess this is more discourteous behavior than rudeness, but still annoying. Sigh. Not much to be done about that.

I would not be surprised - that is the only way anyone else can see it that are not right there at a table in front of it. That's why I would never sit at those few tables. I really do not blame people for wanting to experience the rose falling - the room is relatively small and everyone cannot sit in that one room. It's one of the things that just need to be tolerated - not much remedy for it!

My pet peeve about the parades is when you have been sitting there in your spot for a long time and you are in a spot with the rope and you have some kid down the way that is playing with the rope and pulling it and swinging it as it is hitting all of is in the faces. I tend to either say something or hold the rope...grrr. just an awkward height.

Ran into a rude individual at Cape May Buffet once and saw two people almost fight in line at Sunshine Seasons, ran into a group of rowdy teens at HS, now this has been within our last two trips.(I cannot believe people have been grabbed on rides, omg, I think that would cause me to yell out in shock!)

My actual rudest experience was 14 years ago. This was the old bakery floor plan. I was sitting in a wheel chair at the case. Parade was either going on and about to start and I think this was back when they did not have the traffic patterns in place to help facilitate getting down Main Street. A group of young men decided to cut through the bakery, but it meant cutting through the line that was in the way. They straddled me since I was blocking the path.

Who does that?????

I think more than should. My husband had a temporary problem and needed a wheelchair just two days before we were scheduled to leave for our trip. He could walk but not well and the idea of walking around Disney World for four days was not a good idea so we rented from offsite. It was a manual wheelchair and I pushed him. I'm all of five feet tall and weight over 100 pounds on a good day but we managed. We did everything we were supposed to do but the kicker was at one attraction (I can't remember which one) but we had to go into auditorium setting first and we weren't at the head of the line so we weren't "first" but we made our way to the back of the theatre with the other disabled people. After the show, the announcement came on about needing to leave by the right hand side doors and my husband and I were over there, in the back and were ready to turn to follow the others to the theatre to be directed to where the wheelchairs wold be positioned. No sooner had the announcement gotten to "to the right" and this woman and her four kids came running up to the back and pushed by me, all of them straddled my husband (the woman was with her front to my husband, well, er, something went across his face and it was above her waist and below her face) but she was, um, not proportioned enough to go quickly so she, um, sat down on him and, well, the things in front of her, um, well, were at his mouth. Meanwhile, her kids went behind her and didn't care. She got herself up and ran after the kids while we turned, kind of chuckled and got seated in the back of the theatre where we were going to be. The woman and her kids needed "perfect seats" and they ended up, because they took so long to get situated, in the middle, three rows in front of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter