Rude individuals on rides....

Not on a ride, but just in Epcot in general. We were walking towards WS and ended up behind a man arguing loudly on the phone, and presumably his wife and child. The wife asked him to put the phone down for a bit, and he SCREAMED a string of swear words at her.

I made a *somewhat loud* comment about how rude people can be in a place with children present. He glanced back and stormed away. Abadoning his family as well and still on the phone.

We passed him later at the entrance to WS looking around confused. I guess he realized he'd ran off from his family.

We've been to WDW many times over the past four years and experience different behaviors from the people around us on rides, buses, etc. I can't tell you how irritating it is to be sitting in a DoomBuggy on Haunted Mansion trying to listen but instead hearing people yelling back and forth to one another so loudly that it takes your attention away from the ride. Now, we are all for having fun on rides, but this? Another very irritating behavior is taking pictures while on a ride with flash, especially dark rides. It really takes away from the ambiance. The first time it happened on Haunted Mansion, the group was very loud and yelling at one another all throughout the ride. DH was fed up and confronted them after we got off and was just laughed at. The second time we didn't say anything, but how do you not notice that your flash is taking away from the ride experience for everyone else? Sigh, end rant.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?
Annoying? Yes.

Worth a physical confrontation after a ride is already over? Nope.

only every single time i ride TOT.

its so annoying!

i've been on countless times since 1994 and know the script by heart but that doens't mean i don't want to hear it.

i find that in the library and on the ride teens that have obviously been on it before and know whats coming will yell and scream things like "oh my god we're gonna die".

if not that then i find that people that have never been on it have no concept of the ride at all.
in the library kids especially start screaming and crying that they are in the elevator already and want to know when its gonna fall.
on the ride the parents are trying to explain whats gonna happen instead of just letting the kid experience it.
if its an adult that has never been on they are freaking out yelling "i'm scared! omg when it is coming?! now?!?!?! no???? when?!?!?!"

i'm all for people yelling and screaming during the drop but prior to is just irritating.

If they would just repair that elevator, it would be a non-issue. :-)

We've been to WDW many times over the past four years and experience different behaviors from the people around us on rides, buses, etc. I can't tell you how irritating it is to be sitting in a DoomBuggy on Haunted Mansion trying to listen but instead hearing people yelling back and forth to one another so loudly that it takes your attention away from the ride. Now, we are all for having fun on rides, but this? Another very irritating behavior is taking pictures while on a ride with flash, especially dark rides. It really takes away from the ambiance. The first time it happened on Haunted Mansion, the group was very loud and yelling at one another all throughout the ride. DH was fed up and confronted them after we got off and was just laughed at. The second time we didn't say anything, but how do you not notice that your flash is taking away from the ride experience for everyone else? Sigh, end rant.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

Yes, we've managed to experience it several times on each trip down to our happy place but we don't let it ruin our magical time. We only get 9 days a year to be a WDW we don't let it ruin our experience! If it is that bad that it ruined our ride we would ask a CM if we could ride again explaining the situation that made us feel like it ruined our experience.

Splash Mountain is my favourite ride and Fiancé had never been on it so I was excited to ride it on our last trip. The two teens behind us kept yelling out in Spanish and from the tone and laughs it was not anything nice and it was for the whole ride. It definitely was distracting and bit upsetting. Finally it was over and when we check out our photo they were giving the finger! Argh. Now I know Disney will remove inappropriate ride photos sometimes so I went and spoke to a lovely women at the photo counter who looked at the pic and she agreed and said it most likely would disappear from our Memory Maker. Then some pixie dust happened and she offered to put us back on the ride so we could get a new photo!!

Once on POTC we sat behind a couple of ladies that talked about another family member's health issues the entire ride. They had to talk loudly to hear one another, so we were treated to the conversation as well. For the life of me I can't imagine why they even got on the ride because they couldn't have been paying enough attention to actually see any of it. It was more like they were taking a bus ride somewhere than on a treasured Disney attraction. It was just bizarre, lol. We just laughed about it and got back in line, no reason to let them ruin our time.

I also take issue with people who think that they have the right to shove their children in front of me at the parade. I get there early and wait, I'm not moving over or back. Guess to the guests who is not getting my spot, I'm probably the rude one...

I don't let it bother me anymore, but DH has other issues with it so I have to calm him down. I've experienced it on some of the other dark rides, but nothing that compares to what I've seen on HM, it's ridiculous. If you want to talk over the ride to someone else then don't ride the ride at all or wait until it is over, simple courtesy.

I've come across the yelling at your family in the park, very un-magical indeed.

We were on a bus from HS to MK in May and a young boy got sick all over the floor towards the back of the bus. This group of teenager boys began to laugh and make snide comments to the kid (who was much younger and probably very embarrassed already). It was to the point where DH turned around and sternly lectured them like children. Didn't hear a peep after that haha. I felt so bad for the boy. I just called them a bunch of idiots under my breath the rest of the ride and went along my way into MK.

I've come across the yelling at your family in the park, very un-magical indeed.

I haven't experienced that at WDW, thankfully, but did when visiting a theme park over here in the UK. I was with a group of colleagues, and as we all worked with young people and children, we have to be pretty hot on safeguarding and child protection. We witnessed a father verbally abusing his daughter because she was too scared to get on a ride he wanted to go on (she was sobbing and shaking with terror, poor girl), and the encounter ended with him forcibly dragging her onto the ride. I have no idea what happened when they got to the loading area, but we all turned to each other and said that if we'd seen that encounter in any of the schools we worked in, we'd be legally obliged to report it to their safeguarding officer, and it would likely have to be passed on to the police. Horrible, horrible situation. :(

My worst ride experience ever was on Star Tours with my family in 2000. It was our first Disney trip, so we didn't realize that if you get motion sickness, Star Tours isn't the best ride. So me, my dad, and sister are all closing our eyes, trying not to puke, and these German tourists sitting behind us are just screaming. I mean, screaming so loud it actually hurt to hear. No one else on the ride was going crazy, just these idiots. They were screaming like this was the scariest, craziest ride they'd ever been on. As they walked off they were straining to talk- that's how loud they were screaming.

I guess they weren't rude necessarily, but it was just overkill. And I was sick so low tolerance for stuff!

The rudest people I've ever encountered was during the MVMCP parade. We got there at 6pm to save our spots for the 8pm parade. 20 minutes before the parade starts, people are telling us to sit- we were in the second row and couldn't see if we were sitting, and trying to push their kids in front.

I told people that I'd been waiting there for 2 hours and that if they wanted a better spot, they should've done the same. Fortunately everyone else around me who had been there for hours too felt the same way, so we held our spots. But it was amazing- some woman called me a bit*h bc I wouldn't let her cram her kid down in front of my own child when she showed up 10 minutes prior to the start of the parade. There wasn't even room.

I don't know, maybe I'm the rude one, but I just feel like we got there early so our daughter could see. Not my fault you didn't. I also feel like I deserve to see just as much as your child, even though I'm an adult. I love Disney just as much as the next kid.

When DH and I were riding on POTC, we were sitting behind a family who took up the two rows in front of us. The husband and kid were in front of us and the mother was in front of them. She would turn around and take flash pictures of her kids with her phone. It hurt our eyes and were not shy in saying, "Hey! What the heck!?" It was really frustrating. The flash pictures never turn out right anyways. We try not to let these things bother us because we're on vacation. It should be fun!

Sounds like perfect timing for a photo bomb. ;)

I was surprised at the number of people at Be Our Guest restaurant that would go stand right in front of the rose in the West Wing as the petal dropped, thus blocking it from everyone's view. This was often accompanied by several flash photos of said rose.

I guess this is more discourteous behavior than rudeness, but still annoying. Sigh. Not much to be done about that.

The flash thing on rides is rude. There are announcements and signs everywhere. Also I don't want to see your stupid iPad screen in front of me on a dark ride so you can film the whole thing.

We had the table RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE ROSE and man were those people annoying!! Group after group came up to take their flash photo next to the rose, and every single group bumped/knocked into at least 2 of us while we were trying to eat our dinner. Not to mention the fact that room is so dark you could barely see anything!!

Have witnessed the loud "trying to be funny" people on HM many times. Can usually tell before the doom buggy who the cluprits are and I try to hang back so they get way ahead of me but sometimes they wind up right behind or in front of me. I will never understand how these people think they are being funny or don't realize they are ruining the ride for others :confused3- I have other words for these people but they are not Disboard friendly :rolleyes1

I love HM and admit in the stretching room I will whisper the words to whoever I'm with. Definitely not loud enough for everyone to hear though. The worst rider I've come across was a guy sitting by himself behind us on Small World talking on his phone the entire time! If your phone call is that important maybe you should have waited to ride.

I had an EXTREMELY rude guest on the Haunted Mansion literally take my head, blow it up like a balloon, and release it. How he got into my Doom Buggy I'll never know, but it was amazing that the CMs didn't seem to care.

I had an EXTREMELY rude guest on the Haunted Mansion literally take my head, blow it up like a balloon, and release it. How he got into my Doom Buggy I'll never know, but it was amazing that the CMs didn't seem to care.
I once had a guy take off his nasty fake-looking beard and literally stick it to my chin. I don't know how he got away with it.

I once had a guy take off his nasty fake-looking beard and literally stick it to my chin. I don't know how he got away with it.

Really? That happened to me, too! I can't believe Disney just allows this to continue.

Don't even get me started on the vandalism to the track at Expedition Everest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter