Rude individuals on rides....

pclvnmcky88

Mouseketeer
We've been to WDW many times over the past four years and experience different behaviors from the people around us on rides, buses, etc. I can't tell you how irritating it is to be sitting in a DoomBuggy on Haunted Mansion trying to listen but instead hearing people yelling back and forth to one another so loudly that it takes your attention away from the ride. Now, we are all for having fun on rides, but this? Another very irritating behavior is taking pictures while on a ride with flash, especially dark rides. It really takes away from the ambiance. The first time it happened on Haunted Mansion, the group was very loud and yelling at one another all throughout the ride. DH was fed up and confronted them after we got off and was just laughed at. The second time we didn't say anything, but how do you not notice that your flash is taking away from the ride experience for everyone else? Sigh, end rant.

Has anyone experienced anything like this?

When DH and I were riding on POTC, we were sitting behind a family who took up the two rows in front of us. The husband and kid were in front of us and the mother was in front of them. She would turn around and take flash pictures of her kids with her phone. It hurt our eyes and were not shy in saying, "Hey! What the heck!?" It was really frustrating. The flash pictures never turn out right anyways. We try not to let these things bother us because we're on vacation. It should be fun!

We had a HM junkie that just wasn't all there, if you catch my drift, that was in our group. We tried to stay behind after the stretching room to hear the gargoyles whisper, but he kept blabbing. Well, lucky us, he wound up in the buggy behind us. Throughout the ride he kept reciting the ride and banging on the buggy around Leota and stuff... I was ready to deck him...

Now my flash photo story comes on the Little Mermaid. We had a guy in the shell behind us who thought flash would be great, like 4 pictures in the first 15 seconds of the ride... well, the ride stopped and he did it again... let's just say I've got a decent flash on my camera... Since the ride was stopped, the camera went right up over the top of the shell and I hit him in the eyes... Didn't see another flash the rest of the ride after that.

When DH and I were riding on POTC, we were sitting behind a family who took up the two rows in front of us. The husband and kid were in front of us and the mother was in front of them. She would turn around and take flash pictures of her kids with her phone. It hurt our eyes and were not shy in saying, "Hey! What the heck!?" It was really frustrating. The flash pictures never turn out right anyways. We try not to let these things bother us because we're on vacation. It should be fun!

That would be incredibly annoying...I'm not sure why people think that they are the only ones on the ride!

We had a HM junkie that just wasn't all there, if you catch my drift, that was in our group. We tried to stay behind after the stretching room to hear the gargoyles whisper, but he kept blabbing. Well, lucky us, he wound up in the buggy behind us. Throughout the ride he kept reciting the ride and banging on the buggy around Leota and stuff... I was ready to deck him...

Now my flash photo story comes on the Little Mermaid. We had a guy in the shell behind us who thought flash would be great, like 4 pictures in the first 15 seconds of the ride... well, the ride stopped and he did it again... let's just say I've got a decent flash on my camera... Since the ride was stopped, the camera went right up over the top of the shell and I hit him in the eyes... Didn't see another flash the rest of the ride after that.

:worship::rotfl2:That is hilarious! He got the 'picture' real quick!

It seems like every time we've been to WDW we experienced some form of rudeness from someone or even a group of people. We just try to ignore them as much as possible and not let it ruin our vacation!!

Love this so much

I was surprised at the number of people at Be Our Guest restaurant that would go stand right in front of the rose in the West Wing as the petal dropped, thus blocking it from everyone's view. This was often accompanied by several flash photos of said rose.

I guess this is more discourteous behavior than rudeness, but still annoying. Sigh. Not much to be done about that.

The flash thing on rides is rude. There are announcements and signs everywhere. Also I don't want to see your stupid iPad screen in front of me on a dark ride so you can film the whole thing.

I can't say I've encountered any real rudeness on rides before...flash photography, but I consider that more of a nuisance than anything to get upset about. Rudeness in the lines though, yes!

only every single time i ride TOT.

its so annoying!

i've been on countless times since 1994 and know the script by heart but that doens't mean i don't want to hear it.

i find that in the library and on the ride teens that have obviously been on it before and know whats coming will yell and scream things like "oh my god we're gonna die".

if not that then i find that people that have never been on it have no concept of the ride at all.
in the library kids especially start screaming and crying that they are in the elevator already and want to know when its gonna fall.
on the ride the parents are trying to explain whats gonna happen instead of just letting the kid experience it.
if its an adult that has never been on they are freaking out yelling "i'm scared! omg when it is coming?! now?!?!?! no???? when?!?!?!"

i'm all for people yelling and screaming during the drop but prior to is just irritating.

I will come across at least one rude person.
6ce11.jpg

I would have been tempted to tell her rather sweetly that if it went off again it would be going for a swim

I have yet to ride Spaceship Earth without the carriage in front of me taking flash photographs all the way round. First time it was annoying. It happening on subsequent rides, and I was not a happy bunny at all!

Flash photography everywhere. That is rude you're clearly asked not to do it. But my pet hate is people in shared vehicles talking so loudly you can't hear anything else. Also enormous people squeezing into spaces they are too big for in parade viewing areas thus effectively pushing others around them into a poorer spot. I've had this a few times. Last time it was a couple who literally squashed my 13 year old out of her space where she had been patiently waiting for 20 minutes. Get in a space earlier people where you can be comfortable.

I've lost count of how many times I've found a parade spot early and sat patiently for the parade, just to have someone squish into me at the last minute. I've gotten pretty good and just being more annoying so that they don't want to be so close to me. Sad, but it works.

I've lost count of how many times I've found a parade spot early and sat patiently for the parade, just to have someone squish into me at the last minute. I've gotten pretty good and just being more annoying so that they don't want to be so close to me. Sad, but it works.

Yes sounds like my wife last trip .. She got so annoyed as we waited 45 mins and had a mother shove her kids in front of her.. where there was no room..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter