ROFR Thread September-December 2015 *PLEASE USE NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I get added to the waiting list?

jbinder95---$76-$17,100-225-AKV-Oct-0/'15, 5/'16, 225/'17 -- Sent 9/24

I'm so nervous because it's a lot of points. Think they will pass? It's our first DVC attempt. Soooo nervous!
Added!

Yep, I don't think you have anything to worry about. AKL is pretty much guaranteed to pass :)

I'm totally about to throw off Robb's statistics. I passed before I even made it to his "should hear this week" list. I'm still in shock that we passed so quickly on a OKW contract with that price/point.

AmyKat---$67-$15,106-218-OKW-Feb-0/'15, 256/'16, 218/'17, seller pays '15 MF- sent 9/8 (ROFR) Passed 9/25
Crazy price and speed to get through! CONGRATS!!!!!

I'm totally about to throw off Robb's statistics. I passed before I even made it to his "should hear this week" list. I'm still in shock that we passed so quickly on a OKW contract with that price/point.

AmyKat---$67-$15,106-218-OKW-Feb-0/'15, 256/'16, 218/'17, seller pays '15 MF- sent 9/8 (ROFR) Passed 9/25

Always happy to have my stats skewed, especially when skewed in a happy direction!

Anyway, since it's the beginning of a brand new workweek, I figured I'd distract everyone's Monday morning-ness with this week's list of buyers who should hear about ROFR within the next week:

ROFR%20Waiting_Next%20Week%202015-09-28-XL.jpg

EEGRAM---$84-$13,440-160-AKV-Jun-62(8 in holding)/'15, 160/'16, 160/'17, sent 8/21
Sorry forgot to post that I passed on 9/16. Anxiously awaiting closing documents. Broker said approximately 3 weeks so maybe 10/7?

If anyone can clue me in to how Disney chooses which contracts to take and which to leave, I'm all ears.. Nothing makes any sense...

Big congratulations to all who passed! I hope to join you soon.

If anyone can clue me in to how Disney chooses which contracts to take and which to leave, I'm all ears.. Nothing makes any sense...

Big congratulations to all who passed! I hope to join you soon.

Well, obviously price is a consideration, so if you're trying to sneak a $65 Boardwalk Villas past them, they are going to gladly take those points back to resell them to someone on the waiting list for more than double. Then they are trying to fill those same waiting lists all the time, so if your contract matches the same UY as one on their list and the spread is large enough that they will turn a profit when they resell them, they are much more likely to take it back.

Then, there is the issue of unit numbers. Basically, Disney can't combine points from different unit numbers into one contract for selling that new contract (or new to the buyer, anyway).

So, one contract that has stripped points and a higher price may be bought back solely to complete the required amount that matches the unit number they already have available for sale. Say you want 250 BWV points. Say Disney already has 100 points available that are, I don't know, 0.1% in unit 61A of BWV. Assume two contracts are up for ROFR- one is 150 points in unit 17A and the other is in unit 61A. They are going to buy back the second one because it's like the missing piece of the puzzle they need to sell the same unit number for the requested amount of points. This is why you see so many weird buybacks of ones that are stripped and at higher prices at the same time that the same resort, same UY, and same amount of points goes through, loaded and at a lower price per point.

EEGRAM---$84-$13,440-160-AKV-Jun-62(8 in holding)/'15, 160/'16, 160/'17, sent 8/21
Sorry forgot to post that I passed on 9/16. Anxiously awaiting closing documents. Broker said approximately 3 weeks so maybe 10/7?
YAYYYY!!!! Congratulations!!!

Three weeks is extremely optimistic ;).

mab2012---$84-$8400-100-SSR-Oct-91/'15, 100/'16, 100/'17 -sent 9/29
Buyer pays closing and MF on the remaining 2015 points.

Formatted per the majority of the other listings in the thread. Which, incidentally, is not the same order as the instructions in post 1. :rolleyes1

This thread was exceptionally helpful when I was submitting my offer, so thanks to all who have contributed.

Formatted per the majority of the other listings in the thread. Which, incidentally, is not the same order as the instructions in post 1. :rolleyes1

This thread was exceptionally helpful when I was submitting my offer, so thanks to all who have contributed.

Similar to my contract which is in ROFR at the moment.

Ton80--SSR--100 Oct $84--$8400 100/2015, 100/2016, 100/2017.... Sent 9/11 Seller pays MF/15 Buyer pays CC.

Good Luck.

You're right, I've been noticing that too. Alright, you guys wore me down, I've changed the formatting request on Page One to go with the majority rules :P

Good luck on your contract!!!

Similar to my contract which is in ROFR at the moment.

Ton80--SSR--100 Oct $84--$8400 100/2015, 100/2016, 100/2017.... Sent 9/11 Seller pays MF/15 Buyer pays CC.

Good Luck.
Another one! Good luck :)!!!

Hi everyone!

This thread can be an invaluable tool for buyers looking for some help when researching the most up-to-date prices for DVC contracts on the resale market, so I encourage everyone to post their contracts when they are sent to Disney, no matter if they are big, small, or in-between :)!
Thank you for taking over. After our trip we ended up with family emergency that kept us on our toes. I was coming to update the other thread tonight but noticed you started this one. thank you!

Thank you for taking over. After our trip we ended up with family emergency that kept us on our toes. I was coming to update the other thread tonight but noticed you started this one. thank you!

Oh no! Hope all is ok.
Welcome back to the forum.

So, one contract that has stripped points and a higher price may be bought back solely to complete the required amount that matches the unit number they already have available for sale. Say you want 250 BWV points. Say Disney already has 100 points available that are, I don't know, 0.1% in unit 61A of BWV. Assume two contracts are up for ROFR- one is 150 points in unit 17A and the other is in unit 61A. They are going to buy back the second one because it's like the missing piece of the puzzle they need to sell the same unit number for the requested amount of points. This is why you see so many weird buybacks of ones that are stripped and at higher prices at the same time that the same resort, same UY, and same amount of points goes through, loaded and at a lower price per point.

Wow, I did not know contracts could be combined by Disney this way. I guess timing plays a greater role then.. Thanks for the info!

Oh my goodness, I hope everything is okay! It's my pleasure, so just sit back and relax after your stress :).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter