Disney's PORT ORLEANS FRENCH QUARTER RESORT Information & Questions

Came home yesterday from 11 mights at POFQ, boats are not running. One of the boat captains told me the water level is down by 1 1/2 feet. Also the kids water area was closed for the last few days of my trip.

Came home yesterday from 11 mights at POFQ, boats are not running. One of the boat captains told me the water level is down by 1 1/2 feet. Also the kids water area was closed for the last few days of my trip.
And it is only going to get worse, with no rain predicted for maybe a couple of more weeks. We use to live in the Orlando area and we just talked to one of our friends there and they said it has consistently been in the 90's all of May and the heat index has reached 100+ a few times and they are expecting the heat index to be over 100 again this weekend.:eek: They said that every year it seems to be a little bit hotter and for longer. This was one of the main reasons we moved away from central Florida.

Can someone who is at the French Quarter now tell me if they still carry distilled water in the gift shop. I know they did a few years back.

We wanted to see the jazz band at Scat Cat's but we don't care for the menu. Can we bring food over from the quick service?

We wanted to see the jazz band at Scat Cat's but we don't care for the menu. Can we bring food over from the quick service?
I have seen people do it at Riverside when seeing Yeeha Bob' s show. May want ask before hand though.

Remember the staff at the bar are paid based on tips, so make sure you order at least some drinks from them and tip well.

There is a sign saying no outside food or drink to be brought into the Lounge, but I have seen people taking other resort-purchased items (e.g. food court) in with them, but it could be considered a bit rude to just sit there all night with a food court burger and a refillable mug.

Andre

Has there been any rain? Checking in in 1 week & hoping the boats will be back.
Weather apps are your friend! Granted, it won’t tell you if the boats are running but it will definitely tell you about rain in the forecast! I periodically check the weather at WDW, even when I don’t have a trip planned.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter