DVC Retirement

What is that? Unofficial tour guide stuff?
Yes, exactly that. Disney banned quite a few people who had Disney private tour businesses last year because it directly interfered with their own private tour offerings. Here With Ears may have been the most famous because of their YouTube channel. I believe they were (are?) in legal talks with Disney to maybe get that revoked but I’m not sure what’s happened since they posted the video about the ban.

Yes, exactly that. Disney banned quite a few people who had Disney private tour businesses last year because it directly interfered with their own private tour offerings. Here With Ears may have been the most famous because of their YouTube channel. I believe they were (are?) in legal talks with Disney to maybe get that revoked but I’m not sure what’s happened since they posted the video about the ban.
So they were doing pay for tour services? Don’t many groups have your leads? Especially foreign visitors. I have seen people holding a flag for a group and they definitely aren’t Disney employees. I guess I don’t understand.

So they were doing pay for tour services? Don’t many groups have your leads? Especially foreign visitors. I have seen people holding a flag for a group and they definitely aren’t Disney employees. I guess I don’t understand.
I’m not sure exactly. But I don’t think those international groups are lead by people who are specially being paid for being a tour guide. More like a field trip group leader?

I guess Disney is saying that those doing private paid tours are actively taking away potential paying clients from Disney since they offer that exact service with their VIP tours and such. Disney’s sandbox, we just get to play in it? 🤷🏼‍♀️

The foreign tour groups have licensed with Disney to be allowed to operate there. Especially the South American ones - Brazil ia a massive market for Disney World, so there are a half-dozen officially licensed tour operators that can run paying groups through the parks with the flags.

I’m not sure exactly. But I don’t think those international groups are lead by people who are specially being paid for being a tour guide. More like a field trip group leader?

I guess Disney is saying that those doing private paid tours are actively taking away potential paying clients from Disney since they offer that exact service with their VIP tours and such. Disney’s sandbox, we just get to play in it? 🤷🏼‍♀️
I do not know exactly either, but I think some of the banned guides also exploited the DAS to let their groups skip the lines. (I have no idea who the people in previous posts are, I'm not referring to anyone in particular, just a rumor I caught reading other blogs).

Latest posts

facebook twitter