ROFR Thread July to Sept 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Disney bought back this one today. Man this stinks

z28wiz---$115-$19113-160-BLT-Aug-0/15, 111/16, 160/17-Seller pays MF 16- sent 7/13

z28wiz---$115-$19113-160-BLT-Aug-0/15, 111/16, 160/17-Seller pays MF 16- sent 7/13
Wow I'm surprised! $115 pp isn't that low....makes me wonder if they will take back ours too-$110 pp and full 2016 points with seller paid MF (but diff UY). I'm so sorry to hear about your contract getring taken.

Sorry to hear that, makes me wonder if my contract for BLT will pass at 105$

Regards

I know that there really is no rhyme or reason to the way Disney decides to take some contracts and not others. But are some resorts more likely to be taken over others? And are they more likely (historically) to take back a contract with points available or still to come.

Last edited:

That's surprising. I've seen loaded contracts that were cheaper pass ROFR.

Good luck with your quest!

What the what?! I can't believe they took this one back! Boo hiss! Mine was fully loaded, for $110 send on the 19th. I think they took more contracts back this past week than they typically do. Such a bummer!

I know that there really is no rhyme or reason to the way Disney decides to take some contracts and not others. But are some resorts more likely to be taken over others? And our they more likely (historically) to take back a contract with points available or still to come.
I wonder about this too. Also, if they have a tendency to hijack a certain point level?

I know that there really is no rhyme or reason to the way Disney decides to take some contracts and not others. But are some resorts more likely to be taken over others? And our they more likely (historically) to take back a contract with points available or still to come.

When I researched this a few months ago -- there does not appear to be any one determining factor. It certainly isn't price. I saw two contracts that were at same resort, same UY and same points. The cheaper one went through, while the more expensive option was taken. Some people have speculated that the actual housing unit in the contract might make a difference.

With respect to resorts -- yes, some are purchased much more than others. Right now, BWV, SSR, BLT seem to be in the cross hairs. I have not heard of VGF, VGC, or PVB ever being taken. AKL also has a low chance of being taken right now.

Also -- you never know why they took a contract. For all we know, they might have a potential buyer sitting in the SSR offices, wanting BLT and want to buy direct that day. The sales guy makes a call and as luck would have it, a contract that meets their needs is sitting in the ROFR cue. Boom -- taken.

I also have a theory that if a buyer is (1) adamant that they want a certain property, (2) sitting there in the offices, and (3) willing to finance at the 20% rate, then Disney will do whatever they can to make the deal happen. In addition to an easy $40+ profit per point, the profit on the financing alone would be huge for Disney.

When I researched this a few months ago -- there does not appear to be any one determining factor. It certainly isn't price. I saw two contracts that were at same resort, same UY and same points. The cheaper one went through, while the more expensive option was taken. Some people have speculated that the actual housing unit in the contract might make a difference.

With respect to resorts -- yes, some are purchased much more than others. Right now, BWV, SSR, BLT seem to be in the cross hairs. I have not heard of VGF, VGC, or PVB ever being taken. AKL also has a low chance of being taken right now.

Also -- you never know why they took a contract. For all we know, they might have a potential buyer sitting in the SSR offices, wanting BLT and want to buy direct that day. The sales guy makes a call and as luck would have it, a contract that meets their needs is sitting in the ROFR cue. Boom -- taken.

I also have a theory that if a buyer is (1) adamant that they want a certain property, (2) sitting there in the offices, and (3) willing to finance at the 20% rate, then Disney will do whatever they can to make the deal happen. In addition to an easy $40+ profit per point, the profit on the financing alone would be huge for Disney.

Crazy that it's not price!! I wonder how long the waiting lists are for BWV, SSR and BLT.

I don't believe there really is a waitlist. When I called about BCV a couple weeks ago -- the guide told me he could get BWV pretty much right away.
Well that's interesting. I wonder if they just like to have some on hand in case someone contacts them, or if they just check the ROFR contracts and grab one of those. I wonder if they are seeing an increase in direct purchase interest since the 4/4 change, which would explain the apparently higher number of ROFR options being exercised.

Looptyloo---$86-$14441-160-SSR-Sep-0/15, 320/16, 160/17-seller pays MF'16- sent 7/7

I've been watching my email like a hawk but somehow missed my notice this morning!

Looptyloo---$86-$14441-160-SSR-Sep-0/15, 320/16, 160/17-seller pays MF'16- sent 7/7- passed 8/3

Hooray!

I don't believe there really is a waitlist. When I called about BCV a couple weeks ago -- the guide told me he could get BWV pretty much right away.
When I first looked into Purchasing DVC in March, I contacted Disney. the guide told me that they had PVC , Aulani, AKV, SSR,OKW ,WL AND BLT available for direct purchase. I told the guide I was interested in purchasing an Epcot resort.
I was asked how many points I wished to purchase and the UY I wanted. She said she would put me on a waitlist. Approx 3 days later I received a packet with costs and financing options.
Meanwhile I had been checking the resales and decided to purchase 2 resale contracts. One for AKV and another for BWV.
My AK contract passed but I had 3 BWV contracts taken by Disney.

Speaking with several brokers and watching this board most contracts passed ROFR after the gator incident. Now that things have calmed down a bit I think that DVD will get back to the regular business of restocking inventory.

I am watching and looking to add on now that I have finally received my closing documents on my BW contract.
Now I am looking to add on as one can never have too many points.

When I first looked into Purchasing DVC in March, I contacted Disney. the guide told me that they had PVC , Aulani, AKV, SSR,OKW ,WL AND BLT available for direct purchase. I told the guide I was interested in purchasing an Epcot resort.
I was asked how many points I wished to purchase and the UY I wanted. She said she would put me on a waitlist. Approx 3 days later I received a packet with costs and financing options.
Meanwhile I had been checking the resales and decided to purchase 2 resale contracts. One for AKV and another for BWV.
My AK contract passed but I had 3 BWV contracts taken by Disney.

Speaking with several brokers and watching this board most contracts passed ROFR after the gator incident. Now that things have calmed down a bit I think that DVD will get back to the regular business of restocking inventory.

I am watching and looking to add on now that I have finally received my closing documents on my BW contract.
Now I am looking to add on as one can never have too many points.

You had THREE taken?! That had to get old!

mana_liz---$83-$13106-150-SSR-Sep-8/15, 150/16, 150/17-Seller pays MF'16- sent 8/2

Try #2....fingers crossed this one goes through. It's our 4th try to buy a contract but only the 2nd to go to Disney.
Best of luck with this one :)

I was about to say "You have gotten out of control!!! Didn't you just buy two other contracts???" Then I realized you were updating the listings to having passed!

I'm guessing you've got some big trips coming up the next couple years!!! :worship:
He he he. We actually just want to rent out all of the 2000+ points and cover our MF for the next two years...we aren't keeping these two whopper contracts, that would be crazy on top of what we already have!

In a perfect universe where my money tree was flourishing, of course we would keep these, happily...

Oh, and of course the Beach Club points are spoken for because I am supposed to transfer them for free in perpetuity to @ScubaCat :smooth:.

Last edited:
I was talking about @pangyal. She's now inline for another 700 points -- and I'm pretty sure those aren't her only contracts. :-)

I'm with you though on the daughters and grandparents. I've got two girls (1 and 3). Got a trip planned for Jan/feb with 1 set of grandparents (girls will be 1.5 and almost 4), and then another trip slotted for Dec. 2017 with the other set of GPs. Should be fun...assuming we survive all living in one 2BR villa.
If we can put four of us including my mom and my husband in a studio for two weeks so far this year, you will be FINE with a 2BD lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter