ROFR Thread July to Sept 2016 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is that? Also, can one ever buy a direct contract through disney at AKL?
Yeah, they might wait list you but I'm sure after a month they will have 25 points at AKV for you. They came up with 200 VGF points about 6 weeks after we asked to buy direct, to bad for them we were in the middle of the ROFR with $35/pp off of the direct price. Saved a lot of money.

Has a good chance of passing from the recent ROFR's exercised by DVC
My sales agent said there was a 90-95% chance it would go through, so I am hopeful! Can you refresh my memory, how long does the process take from start to finish usually? Mine was sent to Disney for ROFR 8/1.
Yeah, they might wait list you but I'm sure after a month they will have 25 points at AKV for you. They came up with 200 VGF points about 6 weeks after we asked to buy direct, to bad for them we were in the middle of the ROFR with $35/pp off of the direct price. Saved a lot of money.

thats exactly what we would want, 25 points. i suppose finding same UY would be important too though

My sales agent said there was a 90-95% chance it would go through, so I am hopeful! Can you refresh my memory, how long does the process take from start to finish usually? Mine was sent to Disney for ROFR 8/1.

thats exactly what we would want, 25 points. i suppose finding same UY would be important too though
60-90 days, more likely 90 days/3 months. If you buy direct from what I hear they can give you what ever UY you want, but we haven't bought direct yet, so I'm not an expert on it.

60-90 days, more likely 90 days/3 months. If you buy direct from what I hear they can give you what ever UY you want, but we haven't bought direct yet, so I'm not an expert on it.

OK, thats what I thought. As long as it is not longer than 90 days, we should be ok. All hopeful thinking, of course! how many contracts do you own?

OK, thats what I thought. As long as it is not longer than 90 days, we should be ok. All hopeful thinking, of course! how many contracts do you own?
We just finished closing on our first DVC contract at VGF in July, booked a trip for next May mid July. In the ROFR process on our second contract at AKV right now. We will probably be hearing the same time as you about passing ROFR.

We just finished closing on our first DVC contract at VGF in July, booked a trip for next May mid July. In the ROFR process on our second contract at AKV right now. We will probably be hearing the same time as you about passing ROFR.

Congrats! How many AKV points and why there and not more at VGF?

pangyal---$110-$39500-350-BCV-Feb-0/15, 700/16, 350/17, 350/18-Seller pays MF '16- sent 7/6, passed 8/1

:sunny:

pangyal---$86-$30980-350-SSR-Oct-0/15, 700/16, 350/17, 350/18-Seller pays MF '16- sent 7/6, passed 8/1

:flower:

I was about to say "You have gotten out of control!!! Didn't you just buy two other contracts???" Then I realized you were updating the listings to having passed!

I'm guessing you've got some big trips coming up the next couple years!!! :worship:

I was about to say "You have gotten out of control!!! Didn't you just buy two other contracts???" Then I realized you were updating the listings to having passed!

I'm guessing you've got some big trips coming up the next couple years!!! :worship:
Yeah, I have 3 little princesses that want to go to Disney with their grandparents over the next few years.

We are working on are second contract, not our third...... At least not yet......

if you're going to buy 25 points -- you're likely better off going direct via Disney. Much faster process and lower closing costs. Some of these places are charging $600-900 in closings costs -- which on 25 points is a staggering $24-$36 per point! Plus you're likely to get a stripped contract or you'll have to pay the current year MFs on a resale, whereas in a direct purchase --- you'll probably get a loaded contract and prorated MFs.

Yeah, I have 3 little princesses that want to go to Disney with their grandparents over the next few years.

We are working on are second contract, not our third...... At least not yet......

I was talking about @pangyal. She's now inline for another 700 points -- and I'm pretty sure those aren't her only contracts. :-)

I'm with you though on the daughters and grandparents. I've got two girls (1 and 3). Got a trip planned for Jan/feb with 1 set of grandparents (girls will be 1.5 and almost 4), and then another trip slotted for Dec. 2017 with the other set of GPs. Should be fun...assuming we survive all living in one 2BR villa.

Last edited:
I was talking about @pangyal. She's not inline for another 700 points -- and I'm pretty sure those aren't her only contracts. :-)

I'm with you though on the daughters and grandparents. I've got two girls (1 and 3). Got a trip planned for Jan/feb with 1 set of grandparents (girls will be 1.5 and almost 4), and then another trip slotted for Dec. 2017 with the other set of GPs. Should be fun...assuming we survive all living in one 2BR villa.
Realized that after I posted. She has a ton of points....

Hope you have some great trips, we can't wait to stay at the VGF.

Realized that after I posted. She has a ton of points....

Hope you have some great trips, we can't wait to stay at the VGF.

wife and I are doing adult only trip for end of F&W. couldn't get in at VGF even for a day -- but in Jan/Feb we're doing 2 days at AKL 2B and 4 days VGF 2 BR with GPs and 2 DDs. Should be a lot of fun. Making ADRs tomorrow morning for CRT and BOG dinner.

110 at AKV.... And the price of VGF is crazy..... And also we like AKV
well, hopefully we will be resort buddies at AKV!

if you're going to buy 25 points -- you're likely better off going direct via Disney. Much faster process and lower closing costs. Some of these places are charging $600-900 in closings costs -- which on 25 points is a staggering $24-$36 per point! Plus you're likely to get a stripped contract or you'll have to pay the current year MFs on a resale, whereas in a direct purchase --- you'll probably get a loaded contract and prorated MFs.
My post was in reference to purchasing 25 points direct with Disney. If you scroll above that post you'll see what I mean :)

well, hopefully we will be resort buddies at AKV!

My post was in reference to purchasing 25 points direct with Disney. If you scroll above that post you'll see what I mean :)

Reading comprehension fail. Sorry about that.

Regarding direct for AKL, I think you should be able to get it almost right away.

Reading comprehension fail. Sorry about that.

Regarding direct for AKL, I think you should be able to get it almost right away.
Disney charges closing costs and they have gone up, but I'm not sure what they would be on 25 points, but still a little cheaper than resale.

Disney charges closing costs and they have gone up, but I'm not sure what they would be on 25 points, but still a little cheaper than resale.
They used to be about $100 for a 25 point contract (as of about 1.5 yrs ago)

Updating!! We finally passed ROFR today! 8/3/16 We thought for sure it wasn't going to pass after seeing to other SSR's being taken recently.

Sccrmnky2005---$81-$13441-150-SSR-Aug-0/15, 150/16, 150/17- sent 07/06/2016, Passed 08/03/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter