• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Rob, Cass & Kira - "This trip is NOT going to suck!!!"-A Fall 2013 PTR -updated 9/23

The Mickey Ship

That's what Kira calls it :goodvibes

She's getting old enough now that I have started using the actual ship names so she does know she is going on the Disney Fantasy but it's still the Mickey Ship :earsboy:

Rob and I first cruise back in January 2002 on the Disney Magic. I had always been attracted to cruising but never seriously considered it until Disney built the Magic in 1998 :rolleyes2

Then I couldn't WAIT to get on that ship ::yes::

I still remember that first experience. I completely fell in love with cruising :love:

I loved everything about a cruise. I loved being on the water, loved the endless food, the entertainment. I really loved the fact they while we blissfully sailed along and enjoyed ourselves, we were taken to all these different places that we've never been to before

That and the fact that we are never more than a few decks away from our room :cool1:

Did I mention that Rob REALLY enjoys the buffets every day

After that cruise, we were hooked!!!

I could cruise once a month and still not get enough :rolleyes2

We cruised again in 2003 on Royal Caribbean out of Miami

That's when we figured out that we were more DISNEY cruise kind of people :rolleyes:

So we cruised the Magic again in 2005 and that turned out to be the best cruise ever! :woohoo:

Next up was 2007 on the Magic again. This was Kira's first cruise and we weren't sure what to expect.

That was the cruise where we met the best DISers ever!

Thanks to FB, I still keep in touch with almost every DISer that we sailed with. :goodvibes

Next up was our last family cruise in 2009. I think we've already touched a little on that one

It wasn't a good experience, for the most part.

Thank goodness for dinner!

That brings me to 2011 where I did a 4 night on the Dream. It was a work thing and I am soooo glad I went. I loved the new ship and I couldn't wait to get Rob and Kira on it!

That was the only time I had ever done a short cruise. All the others were 7 day cruises and I tell ya, 4 days is WAY too short! Just as you are getting comfy, they kick you off :rolleyes2

And so here we are....almost 3 years later and we are going on a 7-night cruise on the Disney Fantasy

Okay, so here's the funny part....

we technically aren't even booked yet :lmao:

But we have several good friends going on this sailing and we have already decided to book but I am really hoping to snag a *GT rate. Since we didn't have a previous cruise booked to transfer, there is really no incentive to book it right away. So, crossing fingers for a *GT rate, if not, we will book it last minute.

It's kind of weird for me to be doing all this planning and not be actually booked but hey, I will survive :p

At this point, I don't even care what kind of room we are in, I just wanna go!!!

Although I don't really care, we will be doing an Eastern Itinerary. We've done the Eastern several times before so...been there, done that! We are cruising for the ship

The only port that I care about is Castaway Cay!! Paradise found, in my opinion!

I've been telling Kira a lot about the cruise lately. As long as we are remain healthy, I think it will be the best part of the trip for all of us. It suits us better than the parks, at this point and with my health not bring so great, it will be much easier on me than the parks part of the trip. At any time I can go to my bed and have a rest while the rest of my family can still have fun doing what they want to do. That makes all the difference to me.

You know what Kira's looking forward to the most?

Milk & Cookies from room service :goodvibes

I told her because we are on vacation, we can stay up late, get into jammies, watch Disney movies on the TV and order milk & cookies from room service every single night. I tell ya, she is sooooo jazzed about that :laughing:

I am really close to my smiley limit so I will end this post with two last images...taken on Formal night on our last two cruises...

formalnight-1.jpg

and 2009

dcl-family-portrait.jpg

Last edited:
WHOA!!! I'm caught up!! Ok, its now midnight...but I'm caught up!! I did give some attention to my own trip report for my spring break trip. I need to start on Pre-Trip report for our August trip. I just booked that the other day. 10 nights August 18-28th at Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa. My home resort.

I have many comments now that I caught up. Let's start with the bus service at Disney. Henry and I have always been big fans of Disney buses. Him much more than me though. I don't have patience for certain routes, such as when you have to make 2 stops at Downtown Disney BEFORE you stop at Blizzard Beach when traveling from Animal Kingdom Villas. Won't make THAT mistake again! :sad2: One of the reasons that we love the bus service so well is that we seem to be able to "work" the system if we plan properly. For instance, so far, every single time we've stayed at Saratoga Springs, we've stayed in the Grand Stand section. This is the very first stop back from the parks. We have it calculated out that if you actually miss the bus you want, you high tail it to the Springs. It takes an average of 9 minutes for the bus to wend its ways through SSR to get to the last stop Springs, and we can walk there in 5 or 6 minutes. And of course, on the way back, its the first stop. However, this next trip, I will NOT be taking buses to or from the water parks. Nu uh...not gonna do it!!

Now... the heat. You would think that someone who has Russian heritage would take well to the cold..but eschew the heat...:confused3 but no...I can't stand the cold anymore. In fact, the older I get..the less I can stand the cold. I will wear a full length mink coat to walk 2 blocks to my daughter's school so that I don't have to be cold! :lmao: Now..of course, as you may or may not know... Jewish people, as we get closer to retirement, we seem to genetically build up a tolerance for heat..so that when we're ready to retire, we're good with Florida heat..since Jews retire to Florida. We don't know why...we just do! As Jerry Seinfeld said "my parents didn't want to retire to Florida...but we're Jewish..and its the law!". :rotfl2:

Now... on that Scrapbook! OH MY!! You have confused me. you said things like Photoshop....and digital elements. For the autograph book, you said you made the pages in photoshop, and uploaded them to shutterfly! pixiedust: HOW did you make them in photoshop (note...I have no such program)...HOW do you upload them...HOW do you purchase and use these cool Disney oriented digital elements..and GASP!:worried: CHANGE the color of a paper to suit?!! I better stick with my cricut and piles of paper and stickers.

and one more thing.... you said a funny word..rope drop :p :rotfl: The closest we EVER got to rope drop was on Thursday during spring break when we got moving early because we were meeting Brook and Wendy and families for lunch at EPCOT. We arrived at Kringla Og in Norway at about 10 minutes to 11. We were shocked to find the door locked! That has never happened to us before at Disney! Then... a CM came out... announced the opening of Kringla Og and chimed a cow bell. It was cool.
601746_10151388556277894_1171098107_n.jpg

I wanted to share with you, a page from the autograph book that I'd made for Heidi a few years ago..I think this was for our July 2009 trip. I used my Cricut and a spiral bound album I bought at the craft store for $6.

249716_10150190543612894_7021383_n.jpg

249987_10150190543877894_5363250_n.jpg

I have no idea WHY these come out so big? :confused:

btw...forgot to mention...Love the formal pix

Now... on that Scrapbook! OH MY!! You have confused me. you said things like Photoshop....and digital elements. For the autograph book, you said you made the pages in photoshop, and uploaded them to shutterfly! pixiedust: HOW did you make them in photoshop (note...I have no such program)...HOW do you upload them...HOW do you purchase and use these cool Disney oriented digital elements..and GASP!:worried: CHANGE the color of a paper to suit?!! I better stick with my cricut and piles of paper and stickers.

Mindy, if you check out the links I posted in that first SB post, you will understand more. I also included the links to the places I buy most of my stuff from. :thumbsup2

I don't think I could ever go back to doing it non-digitally :rolleyes1

Caught back up!! Can't wait to hear about the Fantasy and you getting it booked! I love the Formal Night pics! Kira is adorable!

We ended up booking while on board the Dream for the March 2014 Fantasy. I booked room 5518--I wanted the same room we were in on the Dream (5522), but it was already taken. The guy working the rebooking desk assures me it has the same layout as 5522. . .I sure hope so! We loved that room!!

I hope everything goes according to plan with booking it and everything!!

Hi Brooke :wave2:

Sorry to disappoint you but 5518 does not have the same layout as 5522 :sad2:

5518 is one large room with open space in the middle. Your room had the divider wall in between which kinda made it like two little rooms.

Sometimes it pays to have a good TA who knows her DCL stuff :rolleyes: ;)

Yep. . .I should've just messaged you from the Dream! I thought about it, when he was so quick to assure me that they had the same layout! ;) Is it still two portholes? I can deal without the wall (though I bet that means only one TV. . .have to get D ready for that! :rotfl:). Maybe someone will come out of 5522 and I can switch!! :thumbsup2

Yep. . .I should've just messaged you from the Dream! I thought about it, when he was so quick to assure me that they had the same layout! ;) Is it still two portholes? I can deal without the wall (though I bet that means only one TV. . .have to get D ready for that! :rotfl:). Maybe someone will come out of 5522 and I can switch!! :thumbsup2

Two portholes yes but only one TV and it is in an awkward place so hard to watch from the bed and probably impossible to watch from the couch, which is beside the bed :worried:

You can keep your eye on it and switch if something comes up or tell your TA to do it for you :thumbsup2

Two portholes yes but only one TV and it is in an awkward place so hard to watch from the bed and probably impossible to watch from the couch, which is beside the bed :worried:

You can keep your eye on it and switch if something comes up or tell your TA to do it for you :thumbsup2

You are too nice--thank you for giving me all of the info!! :thumbsup2:goodvibes

ADR's.....check!!!

Yay, today is my 180 ADR date

I was able to get everything I had wanted online this morning and I didn't even have to get up at an obscene time :lmao:

I got Tusker House lunch, Princess Storybook breakfast, 50's Prime Time lunch, Cinderella's Royal Table dinner and Kona Cafe breakfast.

I wish we had more time to eat at other places because there's other places I really want to try. Oh well, maybe next trip :goodvibes

Also got a ressie for BBB at the Castle on October 30th for the princess princess: and I am excited for that because it's a total surprise and I love me a surprise....as long as I'm not the one being surprised :p :lmao:

Now I am REALLY excited :cool1:

179countdown.jpg

ADR's.....check!!!

I was able to get everything I had wanted online this morning and I didn't even have to get up at an obscene time :lmao:

I got Tusker House lunch, Princess Storybook breakfast, 50's Prime Time lunch, Cinderella's Royal Table dinner and Kona Cafe breakfast.

I wish we had more time to eat at other places because there's other places I really want to try. Oh well, maybe next trip :goodvibes

Also got a ressie for BBB at the Castle on October 30th for the princess princess: and I am excited for that because it's a total surprise and I love me a surprise....as long as I'm not the one being surprised :p :lmao:

179countdown.jpg

:confused3 How did you get all your ADRs 180 days out ONLINE? Did they suddenly change it so we can get 180+10 online? I always have to call days 2-10 in.

and on that note :rockband: you think I should start working on ADRs for my August trip? I play fast and loose with MY own personal ADRs. :scared: I have never had trouble getting into Sanaa..a personal favorite..or Marrakesh..but we DO want Coral Reef. we love us some good :fish:

ADR's.....check!!!

179countdown.jpg

Woo Hoo! That's quite a score! Sounds like a very tasty trip! :p

:confused3 How did you get all your ADRs 180 days out ONLINE? Did they suddenly change it so we can get 180+10 online? I always have to call days 2-10 in.

and on that note :rockband: you think I should start working on ADRs for my August trip? I play fast and loose with MY own personal ADRs. :scared: I have never had trouble getting into Sanaa..a personal favorite..or Marrakesh..but we DO want Coral Reef. we love us some good :fish:

Mindy, I think it might be because I am still getting the old website ;) And if I went as often as you, I probably wouldn't care where I ate too much. I would think Meh, I will just do it next trip :goodvibes

Wooohooo!
:goodvibes :dance3:

Woo Hoo! That's quite a score! Sounds like a very tasty trip! :p
I told Kira that I made a reservation to dine with the princesses and she had the biggest smile on her face :love: :lovestruc

NICE CASS!!!:thumbsup2:yay:

nothing like a few ADR's to make the trip seem a little closer!!:wizard:

Thanks Mike :hug: It definitely makes it seem more real :laughing: :thumbsup2

Tonga Toast and Macadamia Butter.....here I come!!! ::yes:::thumbsup2

You've got a friend in me

One of the main reasons we are cruising this fall is to meet up with some really good friends

We've cruised with them before and I can't wait to see them again

I just have to give them a nod here because they will be (hopefully!) a huge part of our cruising experience and they will definitely be a part of my trip report ;)

Nancy & Chuck

I "met" Nancy in July 2006 on the DIS meets thread for our 2007 cruise. That cruise in particular stands out just because of all the amazing people I got to know during the year and a half we counted down to that cruise. I was pregnant when I joined in and when I had my baby girl, I posted a LOT of photos of her first 10 months :rolleyes1 Everyone was so sweet and kind and patiently scrolled through the billion photos I posted of Kira :p

Nancy and I clicked from the very beginning, for a million reasons. We became friends offline as well and have only grown closer with each passing year. In 2009, before our second cruise together, I flew to Wisconsin to spend July 4th weekend with her (and other great peeps!) and that is when I fell in love with Chuck, her husband.

Chuck reminded me so much of my hubby...kind, sweet, loving, generous to a fault. Just one of those guys that everyone loves!

It's been three and a half very long years since I've seen them. :sad:

We plan on meeting up with them before the cruise, in Disney World and I tell ya, there's gonna be a lot of tears!

All happy tears of course! Heck, I am tearing up just *thinking* of seeing them again in October :rolleyes: I am gonna be one hot mess of blubbering fool come Halloween :scared: :lmao:

Mike & Robin

We first met M & R online on the DIS Meets thread for our 2005 cruise. We officially met just as we were entering the DCL terminal and we kept running into each other the entire cruise.

Then, it just so happens we also booked the same 2007 cruise (the one where we met Nancy & Chuck) and we really got to know them on the DIS Meets thread. They made us laugh and kept us all entertained for that year and a half before we sailed. It was nice to cruise with friends and we got to see them every single night at dinner as we had linked our reservations together. It was Mike & Robin who taught Kira how to blow kisses on the last night of that cruise.

They also became good friends with Nancy & Chuck and met up with us in Wisconsin in 2009 for a very fun weeked party:

The four of them then sailed together in 2011 on the Magic, while I sadly watched them sail away on the webcam from home

They brought me to tears when I saw them waving a huge Canadian Flag :love:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1N6KA4pMKA&list=UUXcrCcU_ILWA6X41IEwTVBA&index=6

You can see them at 1:09 into the video

By sail time, it will also be a very long 4 years since I've seen them too :sad1:

Walt & Di

We met W & D on our 2007 cruise and then we cruised with them again in 2009. Just the sweetest people you can ever meet! We've kept in touch via Facebook and we are looking forward to seeing them again on the cruise! :hug:

Leisha & Tom

We cruised with L & T in 2009 (as did N & C, M & R and W & D) and while we didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with them (that was the tough cruise, remember? :rolleyes:) I did get to chat with Leisha for a few wonderfully lazy hours in the ocean at Castaway Cay. We've also kept up with them via Facebook and we look forward to seeing them on the cruise! :hug:

We are also meeting up with some friends after the cruise. It's just in the planning stages right now and I hope to add a few to that list :thumbsup2

I really can't wait to see everybody! In the last 4 years since I've seen them, we've all been through some really difficult health scares and challenges and I feel blessed that we are all able to meet up again :grouphug:

So, there you have it folks, yet another reason why This trip is NOT going to suck :cool1:

Cass
:thumbsup2 for sure this trip is not going to suck sendimg all happy vibes !!!!
wow quite a few friends will be part of that trip alot a fun ahead that is for sure !!!

You've got a friend in me

One of the main reasons we are cruising this fall is to meet up with some really good friends

We've cruised with them before and I can't wait to see them again

I just have to give them a nod here because they will be (hopefully!) a huge part of our cruising experience and they will definitely be a part of my trip report ;)

Nancy & Chuck

I "met" Nancy in July 2006 on the DIS meets thread for our 2007 cruise. That cruise in particular stands out just because of all the amazing people I got to know during the year and a half we counted down to that cruise. I was pregnant when I joined in and when I had my baby girl, I posted a LOT of photos of her first 10 months Everyone was so sweet and kind and patiently scrolled through the billion photos I posted of Kira :p

Nancy and I clicked from the very beginning, for a million reasons. We became friends offline as well and have only grown closer with each passing year. In 2009, before our second cruise together, I flew to Wisconsin to spend July 4th weekend with her (and other great peeps!) and that is when I fell in love with Chuck, her husband.

Chuck reminded me so much of my hubby...kind, sweet, loving, generous to a fault. Just one of those guys that everyone loves!

It's been three and a half very long years since I've seen them.

We plan on meeting up with them before the cruise, in Disney World and I tell ya, there's gonna be a lot of tears!

All happy tears of course! Heck, I am tearing up just *thinking* of seeing them again in October :rolleyes: I am gonna be one hot mess of blubbering fool come Halloween :lmao:

Mike & Robin

We first met M & R online on the DIS Meets thread for our 2005 cruise. We officially met just as we were entering the DCL terminal and we kept running into each other the entire cruise.

Then, it just so happens we also booked the same 2007 cruise (the one where we met Nancy & Chuck) and we really got to know them on the DIS Meets thread. They made us laugh and kept us all entertained for that year and a half before we sailed. It was nice to cruise with friends and we got to see them every single night at dinner as we had linked our reservations together. It was Mike & Robin who taught Kira how to blow kisses on the last night of that cruise.

They also became good friends with Nancy & Chuck and met up with us in Wisconsin in 2009 for a very fun weeked party:

The four of them then sailed together in 2011 on the Magic, while I sadly watched them sail away on the webcam from home

They brought me to tears when I saw them waving a huge Canadian Flag

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1N6KA4pMKA&list=UUXcrCcU_ILWA6X41IEwTVBA&index=6

You can see them at 1:09 into the video

By sail time, it will also be a very long 4 years since I've seen them too :sad1:

Walt & Di

We met W & D on our 2007 cruise and then we cruised with them again in 2009. Just the sweetest people you can ever meet! We've kept in touch via Facebook and we are looking forward to seeing them again on the cruise!

Leisha & Tom

We cruised with L & T in 2009 (as did N & C, M & R and W & D) and while we didn't get to spend a whole lot of time with them (that was the tough cruise, remember? :rolleyes:) I did get to chat with Leisha for a few wonderfully lazy hours in the ocean at Castaway Cay. We've also kept up with them via Facebook and we look forward to seeing them on the cruise! :hug:

We are also meeting up with some friends after the cruise. It's just in the planning stages right now and I hope to add a few to that list :thumbsup2

I really can't wait to see everybody! In the last 4 years since I've seen them, we've all been through some really difficult health scares and challenges and I feel blessed that we are all able to meet up again :grouphug:

So, there you have it folks, yet another reason why This trip is NOT going to suck :cool1:

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:
Talk about a blubbering fool....I can't even get through this post without making an "ugly cry face".

Looking forward to October 31st, babe. :grouphug:

How exciting to meet up with all your friends. I know how exciting it is to sail with friends you don't get to see often. it's perfectly awesome!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter