Rob, Cass & Kira - "This trip is NOT going to suck!!!"-A Fall 2013 PTR -updated 9/23

Timon

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Welcome foolish mortals, to my Pre-Trip Report. I am your host, your trip report host. Huhhuhhuhhuuummmmm. Kindly scroll all the way down please and don't quote reply everything I post.

There's no clicking back now.

:rolleyes1

Ahem, sorry. Had to throw in a nod to my favourite attraction ;)
And a little trip report humour :p

Welcome to my pre-trippie :woohoo:

I know it's a little early since this trip doesn't start until October 26th but I am super duper excited and I know that sharing my excitement with my fellow Disney freaks will help pass the time :p

I was going to wait until October Park hours have been released and I made my ADR's before starting this but after turning in for the night, the wheels in my head started turning. :eek: Yup, I do my best thinking at 2 or 3 or even 4 in the morning and instead of getting a good night sleep like I should be doing, I am sitting here in front of my computer at 2:41am regurgitating all the ideas that have been monopolizing my brain for the past 2 hours :rolleyes:

So without further ado, here begins my Pre-trippie :goodvibes

I'm in! I have loved your previous trip reports! Can't wait to read this PTR! :thumbsup2

Who's Going to Disney in 2013, for $200 Alex

Answer: It's been four years since their last family Disney vacation, these people are in desperate need of a Disney fix.

Question: Who is Rob, Cass & Kira??

DING DING DING!!!

Correct!

=

Intros

Cass
That would be me

The author of this pre-trippie, Disney freak #1.
Mom to Princess Kira (AKA Turks) and all around fabulous wife to hubby Rob. :rolleyes2
I am totally in love with my iPad, spend way too much time on my computer and I have Lupus. Yup, I hate that I always have to add that last part but it's a part of my life and I just have to deal with it. I guess you can say I have been lucky. I found the love of my life (who has stuck by me through all of it!), was able to have a child and I have a tremendous support system in family and friends. That's more than a lot of Lupies have! Despite all the crap I've gone through in the 16 years I've had it, I'm actually kind of grateful for it. I treasure every moment that I have here on Earth, I appreciate the small things in life (which truly are the great things in life ;)) and I don't let things most things bother me. A few near-death experiences will do that to ya :rolleyes2 ::yes::

20110201_0964.jpg

-
=
=

Rob

My totally amazing Tim Horton's coffee addicted hubby

=
He is an electronics engineer by day and a ridiculously talented mobile disc jockey by night. Disney freak #2.

He seriously is the BEST! We met 17 years ago and we will be celebrating 15 years of marriage in October

I am ridiculously in love with him and I have no idea what the heck I did to deserve him :upsidedow

IMG_3464.jpg

=
=

Kira
AKA Turks
Our sassy little 6 year-old princess

I chose that smiley because she is always hurting herself (really she's not that clumsy!) and she always says "I'm okay!" when I think she has seriously injured herself! :lmao:

She is the love our lives and she makes us laugh every single day :lovestruc

She also gives us a lot of grey hair and wrinkles :scared1:

She is, of course, Disney (princess mostly) freak #3. Her current fave is Ariel but is seriously transitioning towards Rapunzel :rolleyes1

=

20120812_0021.jpg

We live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

No, we don't live in igloos.
No, it's not as cold here as you think it is.
No, I don't have a pet moose.

I do say "eh" way more often than I should though :p

We are about 40 minutes away from the Rocky Mountains and WAY too far away from Disney World!

This will be my 14th trip to WDW, Rob's 9th trip and Kira's 3rd.

This will be my 6th Disney Cruise, Rob's 5th and Kira's 3rd.

Stay tuned for more....:coffee:

Last edited:

Signing up. We are going on the dream in September so I am going to start by reading you TR from your Dream Cruise.:banana:

Yay! You started! And you trip starts the day after my birthday!

Jill in CO

Count me in. I stumbled across one of your trip reports before- years ago- I think through scrapbooking board perhaps..... so excited to stumble on another.....

We are heading down in November..so right around the same time.

Is your daughter in the Sears Tower? I'm from Chi-town. Just wondering if that's the sky window! :)

Looking forward to following!

-Nicole

I'm in! I have loved your previous trip reports! Can't wait to read this PTR! :thumbsup2

Glad you're here :hyper:

joining in Cass! :thumbsup2

Yay :banana:

Signing up. We are going on the dream in September so I am going to start by reading you TR from your Dream Cruise.:banana:

Might wanna grab a snack or two :rotfl2::goodvibes

Count me in!!!! :hug:

Yay! You started! And you trip starts the day after my birthday!

Jill in CO

Hey Jill! How cool is that! :cool1:

Count me in. I stumbled across one of your trip reports before- years ago- I think through scrapbooking board perhaps..... so excited to stumble on another.....

We are heading down in November..so right around the same time.

Is your daughter in the Sears Tower? I'm from Chi-town. Just wondering if that's the sky window! :)

Looking forward to following!

-Nicole

Hi Nicole :wave2:

Nope, that is the Calgary Tower :teeth:

What's in a (Trip Report) name?

Let me ‘splain…No, there is too much. Let me sum up.

I have to admit that the past two family Disney trips we've taken have been slightly....ummmm....what is a good word? Crappy! Yes, that would accurately describe them

I'm not saying we didn't have some fun cus we did! We have some wonderful memories from both our 2007 & 2009 trips.

We also have a lot of bad ones too :rolleyes:

2007 was tough because we went with Rob's family and they just had a completely different touring approach.

=
=

Next up was 2009

That was a tough trip! Kira was just shy of 3 and in full-on princess-diva-tantrum-meltdown mode

Then we all got sick on our cruise

During the WDW part of 2009, we did have some good moments though, and I can look back on those and smile

=

So...fast forward 4 years and we are going back :woohoo:

A couple weeks ago, Rob and I were talking about our last two trips and I loudly exclaimed "This trip is NOT going to suck!"

=

So, there you go! This trip WILL NOT suck! That is my plan and I am sticking to it :snooty: :rolleyes1

=

Sounds like a good plan, right?

=

I'm in!! :woohoo:

I am going to Disney in 11 days according to My Disney Experience... I have never done a pre-trip report...should I :confused:

We're going to stay at Art of Animation in the Little Mermaid Rooms, saving our DVC points for August for a reservation I have yet to make. I want SSR or OKW ... I won't hope for trying out my alternate never been to home resort of BLT.

I can relate to the Mother-in-law issue completely. I love my mother-in-law, she is fantastic, but she and Disney.... :rolleyes: It took a LOT of convincing to get her to come along with us in July 2009. She brought my niece (9 at the time). That was the trip planning group that I met Nikki and Wendy and Brook and maybe Hope and Tom Bell and more. See, she had been to WDW in January 1972 and stayed at the Contemporary..so..she had "done Disney" :sad2: I had to convince her that she was missing ALOT. So she came along. She also came along with my father-in-law last November, but did not get park tickets. She stayed and enjoyed Saratoga Springs. My DH took her up in the DTD Balloon in lieu of rides. She did LOVE Soarin' though..I must say! :yay:

I can't wait to read more of your current pre-planning report. I wish you hadn't deleted the first report. I might try reading your 2nd one. :dance3:

I'm in!! :woohoo:

I am going to Disney in 11 days according to My Disney Experience... I have never done a pre-trip report...should I :confused:

We're going to stay at Art of Animation in the Little Mermaid Rooms, saving our DVC points for August for a reservation I have yet to make. I want SSR or OKW ... I won't hope for trying out my alternate never been to home resort of BLT.

I can relate to the Mother-in-law issue completely. I love my mother-in-law, she is fantastic, but she and Disney.... :rolleyes: It took a LOT of convincing to get her to come along with us in July 2009. She brought my niece (9 at the time). That was the trip planning group that I met Nikki and Wendy and Brook and maybe Hope and Tom Bell and more. See, she had been to WDW in January 1972 and stayed at the Contemporary..so..she had "done Disney" :sad2: I had to convince her that she was missing ALOT. So she came along. She also came along with my father-in-law last November, but did not get park tickets. She stayed and enjoyed Saratoga Springs. My DH took her up in the DTD Balloon in lieu of rides. She did LOVE Soarin' though..I must say! :yay:

I can't wait to read more of your current pre-planning report. I wish you hadn't deleted the first report. I might try reading your 2nd one. :dance3:

Hi Mindy
Ooooh Little Mermaid rooms! :love:

I enjoyed the SSR rooms but I prefer a smaller resort. We've stayed at BCV, AKV, SSR & BLT. This will be our first time since 2002 that we haven't stayed at a DVC resort

I also have our 2005 Trip Report you can read. That was all written live while we were down there. It's my favourite Disney trip evah! :thumbsup2

You can watch my 2007 Videos as well as look at my 2007 Digital Scrapbook ::yes::

Every time I've stayed at SSR, we've requested and gotten the Grandstand Section. It makes the resort feel a bit smaller when you have a little area you think of as your own. I prefer the Grandstand quiet pool because it has the kids water play spray area, it has a pool bar (seasonal) and it has a hot tub. One little Grandstand secret... if you miss the bus, you can make it to the Springs stop before the bus arrives there. Grandstand is the first stop back from the parks. It takes an average of 9 minutes to make it from the Grandstand (1st stop) to The Springs (last stop). Its an easy walk for us. I've caught up with my missed bus many times that way.

At OKW we have always stayed in the area of buildings 53-55. I'm attached to it. I loved AKV, but the long hallways meant a parade of talking people passing by our room early in the morning and late at night. Also, we were on the 2nd floor and one time in the morning, a car alarm went off in the garage below us. DH did not hear it though...he could sleep through an elephant stampede. :dumbo:

I decided to use my points for August and I got into LM in the Hampton band parents room block. :woohoo: Now that we're only 3, we usually don't need the bigger rooms. When I had three kids coming to Disney, family suites were a pipe dream..and now that 2 kids are grown... we've got family suites! :rolleyes: That said....I used a gezunta (yiddish alert) amount of points at Thanksgiving to secure a 2 bedroom Villa AND a studio villa for all 10 of us who were staying at SSR. I dipped into this years supply.

Where is your home resort?:listen:

Welcome :wave2:

Ooooh St Hubert....I could really go for some chicken right now :rolleyes2 :teeth:
lollollollol it's true really good rotisserie chicken we have here !!
I am so glad for you rob and kira for that upcoming trip !!!!
t
let me be the one to say this one will be the best ever '' neighbor '';)
I'll follow this pre trip report as yours are always so fun to read !!

Joining in Cass! I am scared to death of heights and that picture of Kira gives me the creeps just looking at it!! Looking forward to following your trip report!

Wendy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!