Rob, Cass & Kira - "This trip is NOT going to suck!!!"-A Fall 2013 PTR -updated 9/23

I guess we're in the minority here then because we LOVE the Disney bus system!:thumbsup2
Maybe its because after driving to WDW from Ohio for over 30 years, its nice nowadays to simply fly in, take the Magical Express over to the resort and just let Disney do all the driving for us during our stay.:wizard:

We rarely venture off Disney property anymore during our trips (unless its for a Disney cruise)..We like the Disney Cruise buses over to the port..My only complaint about them is they get there later than we do if we rent a car. And we're usually anxious to get to the terminal asap!... :sail:

Firstly, I am heat intolerant. Being in the sun, or even just being hot triggers my Lupus and I start to feel very sick. All things considered, as long as I take a few precautions, I do pretty well in Disney World. If there is a shady spot, I am in it! If there is a breeze or a fan or A/C blowing somewhere, I will find it ::yes:: Since we are in and out of buildings most of the day, I can stay somewhat cool. I cannot watch a parade out in the sun so we either find a shady spot or I have to skip it and I won't join a long line that is in the sun.

Me too Kiddo! :worried:

Secondly, I don't like people touching me. I like my own personal space ::yes:: And when I am hot, I am even more particular about people not touching me! Just ask Rob :rolleyes2 We will be waiting in a long queue and reaches up and tries to hug me or something and I just shoot him my "don't do it buddy!" look.

Spoiler Alert......I'm sooooooo touching you! :hug::hug::hug: No way am I just going to stand there and give you some trifle greeting after not seeing you for 4 years. And no.....skype does not count! LOL. :rotfl2:

Unfortunately, strangers don't know this look and I am amazed at how many people don't get it!!!

Lalalalalalala ... not listening. :goodvibes (good thing I'm not a stranger)

Period.:cutie:

Now on the few Disney buses that Michelle and I took in 2011, I was repeatedly touched, bumped into, fell on, kicked, shoved and fondled! Yes, fondled!! :crazy2:

Say what? :worried:

I have to agree with you, Cass. I'd much rather have a rental car for the entire vacation myself. :thumbsup2

I feel the same way Jill! I couldn't handle just showing up to a bus stop and just waiting around for my bus!! When I am ready to go, I wanna go!!! :thumbsup2 :rolleyes1

The "sweet spot" for car rentals is usually about 1-2 weeks before so keep an eye out for prices to drop then hopefully :goodvibes

I agree! I don't know how people with the DxDP do it! :eek: :confused3

Thanks, we sure miss out Stitchy :sad1: It's been a really crappy year so far :worried:

I can't imagine what it's like for people with babies and toddlers :scared1:

We've done 7 trips now with a rental so I know those Disney roads really well but I do remember our first trip and it was easy to find every thing! We even found some nice quiet back roads that we try to stick to too :cool1:

The one tip I can give you that I remember learning back in 1999 was if you are going to the resorts, you need to know what park they are closest to, that will help you. The first signs usually say something like Epcot Resorts Next Right...so if you don't know that Beach Club is an Epcot Resort, then you might miss the follow up sign and go past it.

But everything is WELL marked and except for a few sneaky ones, every exit has like 2 or 3 signs to warn you when you need to turn.

I have a really good sense of direction so we never use a GPS so I can't answer your question about that, sorry.

Traffic can be bad when people are going to the parks and leaving. We usually get there just before opening and never had any problems but leaving the parks near closing can be maddening! Stores remain open after park closing so we try to linger as long as we can so most cars have cleared out :thumbsup2

One of the back roads we used a lot when we stayed at SSR was the one that passed by Fort Wilderness. It can get tricky though going to and from the MK. If I remember correctly, we had to go past the Poly and loop back around to get into the MK parking lot. But I just looked at your list and it doesn't look like you are even going to Mk so you should be good
:thumbsup2

Thanks for the tips. We are rope droppers, so we will probably get to the lots early each day. We'll just have to remember not to get caught up in the exit flocks. :eek:

We have a TomTom live GPS and WDW shows up just fine! No problem! :thumbsup2

You give me hope. If we can use the GPS, it will be a piece of cake. Now I just have to convince DH that the buses will NOT be easier. He is a real fan of the buses, but they eat up so much time when you have to do transfers and we'll be transfering the entire trip this time!! :scared:

You won't get me on a Disney bus

In trips past, we have always rented a car, always! Now that I am completely spoiled by having one, I`m pretty sure I couldn't go without one! :sad2:

Prior to 2011, I had only ridden a Disney bus maybe three times and it was during off peak hours so it wasn't so bad.

Then in 2011, I went to a Disney training conference with my friend Michelle and we didn't have a rental car so we had to depend on buses to take us everywhere. While our experience wasn't horrible, she told me tales about her experience on Disney buses and what most people go through on those buses :scared1:

Secondly, I don't like people touching me. I like my own personal space ::yes::
Unfortunately, strangers don't know this look and I am amazed at how many people don't get it!!!

And it amazes me even more that other people don't appreciate the personal space bubble

Yes, I understand you may be tired and sore or bored or distracted. You want to hurry up and get on the ride...I get it. Really, I do. We are all in the same Disney boat. But positioning yourself right up my butt WILL NOT GET YOU THERE ANY FASTER!!!

:rolleyes2

Unless it is an accident, which can happen, you should not be touching me! No part of YOU should be touching any part of ME.

Period.

Now on the few Disney buses that Michelle and I took in 2011, I was repeatedly touched, bumped into, fell on, kicked, shoved and fondled! Yes, fondled!! :crazy2:

I swore then that unless it was absolutely necessary, I would never, ever, take another Disney bus again!!! :snooty:

A rental car allows me to have my personal space, personal air conditioning at full blast and gives us way more flexibility! We can be anywhere in 10 minutes or less and we don't even have to wait! When we are ready to go, we go! :thumbsup2

I totally agree with you. This is something that drives me nuts too about the busses and I have had my own experience after that trip where I also will never go to WDW without a car again. They are cutting back too much and all transportation (busses, boats, etc) are just always too crowded now. I too have become spoiled by a car and will never go without one anymore... just too convenient.
And I hear ya on the personal space... it always annoys and shocks me how close strangers will get. And I hate being almost sat on top of too. :(

And p.s. YAY a Cass trip report! We can count down to it together! I do believe it will be here before we know it.

I'm in!! Woohoo! I love your PTRs and TR!! I can't believe how big Princess Kira is! I remember when she was born! She is growing like a weed! I only had time to read the first page but when I get home today, I will catch up!

We have actually seen an improvement in the buses over the last several trips. For a few years we were driving, but over the last several visits we have flown and are back on the buses. Yes, they are still crowded at park closing - but they are getting more buses to the park - so the time you have to wait for the bus is much shorter - and if a bus is crowded, you can chose to wait for the next one and get a seat.

That being said, I do appreciate having the the car when we drive, esp for going to Downtown Disney or having the ability to go off property to eat once in awhile.

We have a TomTom live GPS and WDW shows up just fine! No problem! :thumbsup2

Good to know for people who use them :thumbsup2

I guess we're in the minority here then because we LOVE the Disney bus system!:thumbsup2
Maybe its because after driving to WDW from Ohio for over 30 years, its nice nowadays to simply fly in, take the Magical Express over to the resort and just let Disney do all the driving for us during our stay.:wizard:

We rarely venture off Disney property anymore during our trips (unless its for a Disney cruise)..We like the Disney Cruise buses over to the port..My only complaint about them is they get there later than we do if we rent a car. And we're usually anxious to get to the terminal asap!... :sail:

I can totally see why people enjoy not driving and just hopping on a bus :goodvibes

But Rob loves to drive, I am an awesome navigator and I guess it just works better for us :thumbsup2

Yeah, I like the DCL buses but I REALLY don't like that you get there so late :sad2: We like to be on that ship every second that we can :rolleyes1

Spoiler Alert......I'm sooooooo touching you! :hug::hug::hug: No way am I just going to stand there and give you some trifle greeting after not seeing you for 4 years. And no.....skype does not count! LOL. :rotfl2:

:lmao: Well you better hug me!!!!! :hug::hug::hug: YOU are not a stranger and I hopefully won't be a hot sweaty mess when I see you :rolleyes1

I totally agree with you. This is something that drives me nuts too about the busses and I have had my own experience after that trip where I also will never go to WDW without a car again. They are cutting back too much and all transportation (busses, boats, etc) are just always too crowded now. I too have become spoiled by a car and will never go without one anymore... just too convenient.
And I hear ya on the personal space... it always annoys and shocks me how close strangers will get. And I hate being almost sat on top of too. :(

And p.s. YAY a Cass trip report! We can count down to it together! I do believe it will be here before we know it.

Good to see you here Michelle! :wave2:

And I agree, not sure I could do without one now! :eek:

I'm in!! Woohoo! I love your PTRs and TR!! I can't believe how big Princess Kira is! I remember when she was born! She is growing like a weed! I only had time to read the first page but when I get home today, I will catch up!

Glad you're here :flower3:

Yeah, I've posted quite a few pics of her over the years...she is so big now!!! Hard to believe she will turn 7 two weeks after we get back from this trip :eek:

We have actually seen an improvement in the buses over the last several trips. For a few years we were driving, but over the last several visits we have flown and are back on the buses. Yes, they are still crowded at park closing - but they are getting more buses to the park - so the time you have to wait for the bus is much shorter - and if a bus is crowded, you can chose to wait for the next one and get a seat.

That being said, I do appreciate having the the car when we drive, esp for going to Downtown Disney or having the ability to go off property to eat once in awhile.

Well, glad to hear that there is some improvement :thumbsup2

Still won't get me on a bus though :rolleyes:

Just wanted to say.............

We are in the hundreds!!!!

199 More Days until Disney!!!!

OLA.gif

I am all caught up! whew!! :banana:

Your trip reports are like crack to me and I never can get enough.. lol! I always feel like such a stalker.. :rotfl:

First of all Im so sorry about Stitch :( I remember when you got him and Lilo.. they are such beautiful furbabies.. I hope you are feeling better and also a belated birthday!

I think your choice of looking for a hotel based on the pool is a good decision with Kira being the age she is.. I still remember my kids first trip to the world- my son was about 6 or 7 and my daughter 2 years older and while they enjoyed the parks, they looked forward to and even asked each day to leave the parks to head to the pool.. oh the horror! :p

As far as her legs getting tired and her wearing down, the break each day will definitely help so she can rest up each day..

Great choices for ADRs.. I was able to go to BOG for dinner in January and it is beautiful in there! and I even tried Caseys for the first time and had the slaw bbq dog.. yum!

Love your scrapbook pages and luckily I can get out of my Disneystore a little cheaper.. 2 of my kids are grown and while my 15 year old loves Disneyworld, she doesnt care for the products... so I just have to watch my purchases.. :goodvibes

Love the PTR so far!

I totally agree with you on the bus vs. rental car thing! We stayed onsite for all my trips as a kid with my parents, and we always took the bus. When we flew in for our honeymoon, we did the same thing, because that's just what you do in Disney World, right? In '09 we stayed offsite for the first time and I was so worried about having to use a rental car and not being able to use Disney transportation. Then we got there and it was amazing! Not having to wait forever for a bus because the one you need just pulled away as you walked up to the bus stop, not having to cram onto one at the end of the night and be squished like a sardine (or worse, glared at if you were one of the lucky ones who got a seat), always having a seat and A/C that was just the temperature I wanted...we were in rental car heaven!! I don't see myself ever going back to the Disney transportation, even if we stay onsite again in the future!!

Just wanted to say.............

We are in the hundreds!!!!

199 More Days until Disney!!!!

OLA.gif

Wont be long now!! Request permission for Robin and myself to enter your "bubble" come Nov..::yes:::crowded:

I'm the kind of guy who LIKES being on a crowded bus and has no problems if the ladies want to squeeze up against me.:rotfl::lmao:;) (just kidding Robin)

we have 79 more days till WDW..:wizard:

Scrapping Fool 3

Not sure if you guys even want to see these but posting here is keeping me motivated to get this album done! I've already done 57 layouts but I looked at my photos and it looks like I will need to do about 30-40 more still :scared1:

So, considering each one takes me an average of one hour to complete, I still have a lot of work to do ::yes::

I managed to get 10 more done on the weekend so here ya go :thumbsup2

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

56.jpg

57.jpg

Thanks for reading guys :hug:

Those are just fabulous Cass. And Kira is just too cute. It makes me think back to Claire's little days too. They grow way to fast.

I finally did get packed for this weekend, but I'll tell you packing for a non Disney trip is just not as fun. I know we'll have fun, but it's going to be so different.

Wow, more great pictures. I love the one of Kira getting "saucy" with daddy before the parade. That expression was priceless!

The pages are REALLY great, and I love that you post them! They are actually what got me motivated to start working on my (traditional) scrapbook for DS's first trip in 2011. :thumbsup2 I so wish I could do the digital thing because I think that would be a lot easier for me, but I have never been able to really figure it out, so I stick with my Cricut, stickers, and pages. :rotfl:

GREAT pages- once again!

I think that Aladdin kit is one of my all time favorites from Britt. Every layout I see with someone using it- I love. I love that Kira loved Aladdin so much too. So cute!

Also, if you don't mind me asking- what kit - if you remember- did you use on the Norway Princess breakfast? I really liked the colors and think it would be great not only for that but possibly Be Our Guest.. and I'm doing both in November... so it would be a good kit for me to add to my stash! :)

You are scrapping circles around me and my 2009 trip. I did vow to have it done before our November trip.. but man- I can't even keep up with my daily life scrapbook...so I never get to my 2009 Disney trip. (let alone the other trips!) hahahahaha!!! I WILL FINISH IT.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter